F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Propshaft Back order
Studio RSR

04-12-2019, 10:38 AM   #1
theblues
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MY14 328xi - Sportline

Propshaft Back order

Hey everyone, my car is not new. Will be 5 years old this Summer. Extended warranty covered.

Two months ago, I took the car in for service to address issues in filling up the gas. They decided to replace the whole tank which didn't fix the issue.

They then discovered the gas tank neck to be the cause but while we are in the timeframe to diagnose this, a new major issue occurred.

The car started to vibrate and gets dragged while driving high speed. They diagnosed the differential weight to be the cause which they replaced but the issue remains active.

The latest update is that propshaft needs to be replaced but it has been almost 3 weeks now with no parts available.

I'm given a loaner but I don't like driving someone's else cars.

What sort of liability in case something like this happens and clear ETA when the part to be found!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 12:33 PM   #2
328iX
David
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328iX F31

Confused as to what you are asking, if there's a backorder usually they can't give an ETA, or in my case they've always told me approx. one week for Germany deliveries.

I can't see why your driveshaft would randomly become out of round, and i don't see how the differential damper would cause any issue at all.

You've got extended warranty so i say just keep having them chuck new parts at your car till eventually it's fixed.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 01:39 PM   #3
theblues
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MY14 328xi - Sportline

I apologize for the unclear question.

I cannot confirm if this was due to them bringing down the gas tank (which they stated they never did before!) or it just decided to start causing the vibration and dragging.

I'm no expert by all means, but since they don't have an ETA, how can I verify it is something related to what they did first with the gas tank?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2019, 09:19 AM   #4
Orion4
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sport Line Sedan

Ask them!
Appreciate 0