F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > AFE downpipe and wastegate error codes help
Extreme Powerhouse

02-02-2015, 02:27 PM   #1
algabr
Rep
Drives: f30 N20 320i

AFE downpipe and wastegate error codes help

I have a question, do you guys know which is the CEL error that shows up when installing a DP? cause I've been using one from AFE and after 3 months using it( I don't know if the guy that tunes up the cars did anything to erase the code) a CEL error showed up, I thought it could be the DP and went to the mechanic that installed it... The error seemed to be on learning wastegate... I couldn'd get the rest of it... nor the code that showed up..

Is this related to the Downpipe? What do I do?

The guy erased the error and after a couple of weeks it showed up again.. the same error..

I have the AFE DP and BMS stage 1 installed.. I unplugged the BMS and I will see if the error comes up again...
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 07:27 PM   #2
f30luxline
e92 - 335i
United_States
Rep
Drives: thisonetimeatbandcamp

Your are the 2nd guy now I have seen from Brazil and having issues.

The only code you should receive from having a catless DP is an o2 sensor, is your's catless? I'm not sure if a catted DP with throw a code.

Your following the right troubleshooting steps. See what happens after the disconnection of the tune.

If it reappears, make a visit to BMW.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 07:29 AM   #3
algabr
Rep
Drives: f30 N20 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30luxline View Post
Your are the 2nd guy now I have seen from Brazil and having issues.

The only code you should receive from having a catless DP is an o2 sensor, is your's catless? I'm not sure if a catted DP with throw a code.

Your following the right troubleshooting steps. See what happens after the disconnection of the tune.

If it reappears, make a visit to BMW.

Hey lux, thanks for answer, mine is catless, and the code wasn't anything like O2 sensor, it seems to be from the wastegate, when the CEL light was on and the bms jb1 was installed I didn't feel any difference on torque, acceleration.... I hope is not serious, I'm worried about my bimmer
Appreciate 0