F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > bmwnaBS. No New Navi. No Team Usa Incentive?
GetBMWParts

10-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #1
iM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 AH3M

bmwnaBS. No New Navi. No Team Usa Incentive?

So um....
just got off the phone with my CA who has spoken to inside personnel of bmwna.. the new navi system will most likely NOT be available in US till next spring of 2014...I pushed my order just for this.. waited all this time for nothing PLUS lost $1K Team USA incentive...bmwna tryna being smart...

no new navi
no alcantara interior
no M blue brakes option
no fog lights
but they had to add those beautifully finished front bumper reflectors....best thing ever...

any other victims out there? or is it just me?
      10-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #2
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

If you are considering a $40K+ car, it's hard to sympathize with anyone considering themselves a victim.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #3
FlyByNite
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 Comp.

Garage List
2019 M4  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW 528i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iM View Post

but they had to add those beautifully finished front bumper reflectors....best thing ever...
They HAD to add those...is a DOT requirement.

I feel your pain on the brakes and fogs though.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 04:41 PM   #4
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

looks better without the fogs, get some paint and paint those brakes!

I chose to go with the $1000 incentive and said screw the updated hardware, guess I made the right choice, sorry for your loss.

if you want to get a xdrive, the incentive will still work, good until 12/31/12 I think...
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #5
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

why did you lose your team usa thing? send it to me, if they let me use it i will send you 100 bucks.
      10-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #6
chip2058
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Sportline

Garage List
No one ever said the new Nav was going to be available. In fact the press release specifically said for the F31 and ActiveHybrid. Honestly, technology changes so rapidly that the second it comes out and you get a car with it something else will come along.

I worked with a team that developed Mercedes mBrace. They had tech developed 3 years ago that's still not going to see the light of day for another year or two. It takes the average car manufacturer 18-36 months to make small changes to production, even more for bigger changes. I'm sure they wanted the system ready for launch and it wasn't ready to go with their current manufacturing process.

If I'm BMW I'd rather push vehicles than delay for hardware.

That being said, they should do what GM used to do when all the OnStar systems were analog and had to be convereted to digital and offer an $xx upgrade to swap out the physical hardware. Given that the screen and CPU are changing it would probably be in the $1k price range (the amount you lost for waiting and not ordering the car)
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #7
webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

Garage List
I did the Team USA after ordering, they aren't letting me apply it to the car
      10-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #8
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

What is Team USA? Olympics? BTW, if you wait until the holiday rebate offers come around they usually offer $1500 on 3 series.

FWIW, I am also disappointed that the Nav Pro is not coming this year. Yes, its been confirmed there will be no Nav Pro for US F30 cars this year. Could mean calendar year or MY, not sure. Nav Pro will either come in a 3/13 update or for MY14.

Regarding the brakes, I may be in the minority, but I wish they'd give us the option for the low dust pads on the MSport. I am no fan of filthy rims and weekly scrubbings of my rims. Getting in all the cracks and crevices to remove the filth. My 2010 MSport E90 has such nice clean wheels and makes washings much more pleasurable.

The only thing that victimizes me about the F30 is the goofy light steering, somewhat softer ride and those filthy brakes I'm about to deal with once again. Two steps forward and one back.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #9
TrueBlue12
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Imperial 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by iM View Post
So um....
just got off the phone with my CA who has spoken to inside personnel of bmwna.. the new navi system will most likely NOT be available in US till next spring of 2014...I pushed my order just for this.. waited all this time for nothing PLUS lost $1K Team USA incentive...bmwna tryna being smart...

no new navi
no alcantara interior
no M blue brakes option
no fog lights

any other victims out there? or is it just me?
That does suck, they should at least let you use the incentive now that they won't update the NAV.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #10
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdither View Post
I did the Team USA after ordering, they aren't letting me apply it to the car
Try a different dealer, you may be getting screwed. Unless they changed the terms, you should be able to use it as long as it hasn't expired. I did the event on my wife's X3 after we ordered, before delivery, and was able to use it. This was a year ago, but can't imagine they changed the terms. What would be the point, you could always cancel the order and re-order to use the credit... Threaten to do so and I bet your shady salesman will admit you can still use it.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 09:52 PM   #11
webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
Try a different dealer, you may be getting screwed. Unless they changed the terms, you should be able to use it as long as it hasn't expired. I did the event on my wife's X3 after we ordered, before delivery, and was able to use it. This was a year ago, but can't imagine they changed the terms. What would be the point, you could always cancel the order and re-order to use the credit... Threaten to do so and I bet your shady salesman will admit you can still use it.
Well, the terms of the credit state you have to place your order AFTER doing the drive. But I have heard of others who were able to apply the credit after. I'll turn the heat up and see what happens
      10-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #12
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Well, the terms of the credit state you have to place your order AFTER doing the drive. But I have heard of others who were able to apply the credit after. I'll turn the heat up and see what happens
In that case either my dealer didn't care, or they changed the terms.. But doesn't make sense to me, you could always cancel you order then place a new one. Terms seem silly. How long ago did you order? Up to you to decide whether the $1000 is worth an extra however long wait.... But yeah, worth a shot just telling them you're willing to cancel and re-order, I'm betting they'll let you apply it and get their money sooner. I'm not sure the credit even affects the dealer one way or another.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #13
webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
In that case either my dealer didn't care, or they changed the terms.. But doesn't make sense to me, you could always cancel you order then place a new one. Terms seem silly. How long ago did you order? Up to you to decide whether the $1000 is worth an extra however long wait.... But yeah, worth a shot just telling them you're willing to cancel and re-order, I'm betting they'll let you apply it and get their money sooner. I'm not sure the credit even affects the dealer one way or another.
My car is at the dealer today. Ordered about 1.5 months ago. If I reordered now I wouldn't get the offer anyway because it expires at the end of the month. That and I don't want to wait another 2 months!

I just shot off an email to my CA asking for them to try harder. If they come back with a no I'll call BMW NA and see what they say.
      10-10-2012, 10:24 PM   #14
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
My car is at the dealer today. Ordered about 1.5 months ago. If I reordered now I wouldn't get the offer anyway because it expires at the end of the month. That and I don't want to wait another 2 months!

I just shot off an email to my CA asking for them to try harder. If they come back with a no I'll call BMW NA and see what they say.
Yea, try to get that done.

Side not- Anyone that has a USAA $1,000 voucher and is not going to use it, send it to me so i can try to use it, if they let me, i will send you cash
      10-11-2012, 01:21 AM   #15
TrueBlue12
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Imperial 328i

Quote:

I ordered car before doing the BMW team USA drive it can definitely be applied even if the fine print says otherwise
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 08:35 AM   #16
webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue12 View Post
I ordered car before doing the BMW team USA drive it can definitely be applied even if the fine print says otherwise
Thanks, hopefully now that I made it an issue they will see the light
      10-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #17
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
What is Team USA? Olympics? BTW, if you wait until the holiday rebate offers come around they usually offer $1500 on 3 series.

FWIW, I am also disappointed that the Nav Pro is not coming this year. Yes, its been confirmed there will be no Nav Pro for US F30 cars this year. Could mean calendar year or MY, not sure. Nav Pro will either come in a 3/13 update or for MY14.

Regarding the brakes, I may be in the minority, but I wish they'd give us the option for the low dust pads on the MSport. I am no fan of filthy rims and weekly scrubbings of my rims. Getting in all the cracks and crevices to remove the filth. My 2010 MSport E90 has such nice clean wheels and makes washings much more pleasurable.

The only thing that victimizes me about the F30 is the goofy light steering, somewhat softer ride and those filthy brakes I'm about to deal with once again. Two steps forward and one back.
Low dust pads on the Msport?
No, they are NOT "low" dust.
Actually they produce a LOT of dust, as my 335i Msports shows me everyday.

The Msport supposedly received a higher friction pad compared to non Msport cars.
These pads produce as much dust as my 135i's Brembo's, which is a LOT of dust.

The thing I dislike about the brakes is that the pedal feel is way too soft, with way too much travel before anything happens, and when it does brake modulation requires too much pedal movement instead of just pedal pressure. My pedal has a weird feel when I go to brake, the pedal feels as if a light magnet is holding it, then the pedal moves.
I can actually pump the brake pedal a couple of times and the pedal becomes firmer.
Either there is air in the lines, or the way BMW designed this brake booster needs more work.
The brakes on my Msport don't feel as good as my 135i's or as good as my E46 brakes, and frankly not as good as my 06 A4.

Also, when I let go of the brake pedal, especially during more aggressive driving when I get on the brake and quickly back to throttle, the pedal makes a loud thunk/thump as it smacks back against it's stop.
It's freaking annoying and very UN BMW like.
If they can't improve on the previous design, then don't freaking redesign it only to make it worse.
Seems I'm finding a number of silly things like this in my 335i Msport.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #18
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Yea, try to get that done.

Side not- Anyone that has a USAA $1,000 voucher and is not going to use it, send it to me so i can try to use it, if they let me, i will send you cash
You can use the voucher ONLY if you did the test drive BEFORE you placed the order.
If you have an order in place you can't use the voucher if you attend the drive event after the order.

If you cancel and order and then reorder in order to use the voucher, I'm told the BMW will flag the order and you will still not be able to use the voucher, and then you've also lost your spot that you cancelled.

In your case, since BMW is taking back the 328i and letting you order a new 335i, I don't know how that would work.
You need to ask you CA for the details.
If you call BMWNA to ask, they will simply refer you back to your dealer.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 03:15 PM   #19
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue12 View Post
This is how the program started, but BMW changed the rules during the program.
I ordered for July production and the restriction was already in place, in that you have to attend the event BEFORE you order, or it won't be applied.

There are ways for dealers to get around this, but they have to be willing to order your car as if it's the dealers car and not yours.
IOW, the order won't be in your name.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #20
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
You can use the voucher ONLY if you did the test drive BEFORE you placed the order.
If you have an order in place you can't use the voucher if you attend the drive event after the order.

If you cancel and order and then reorder in order to use the voucher, I'm told the BMW will flag the order and you will still not be able to use the voucher, and then you've also lost your spot that you cancelled.

In your case, since BMW is taking back the 328i and letting you order a new 335i, I don't know how that would work.
You need to ask you CA for the details.
If you call BMWNA to ask, they will simply refer you back to your dealer.
My plan was to try and use someone else's voucher. I would have paid someone 100 bucks cash if it would have worked. Also, i ordered on August 20th.
      10-12-2012, 03:50 PM   #21
Ron Scott
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 335 M Sport

The only place on the internet that claimed the F30 was getting the new navigation system in November was this forum.

You can blame BMW but I don't think they ever said we'd get it...so they seem clean to me.

Jason, I'm still assuming you're correct as you've posted to confirm this a few times.

Can you confirm for us?

(I blew off buying one for a couple of months after reading the original post here: http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=691510

Last edited by Ron Scott; 10-12-2012 at 04:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #22
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

It is 100% confirmed the F30 will not get the new navi with touchpad this year!!!!!!

From jon shafer,
Quote:
The "new" navigation system will not be made available on any additional models in the US this year. The only exception is the new Active Hybrid 3. It will, however, be rolled-out to additional models in the future.