F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Album Art Work Errors
Extreme Powerhouse

05-23-2012, 08:28 PM   #1
SD_E88
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12' 135i E88 Black

Album Art Work Errors

Hi all!

Was wondering if any of you have had an issues with the Album Art Work showing up errors. I have seen it pretty consistently in my car and I just dropped it off for service today. I'm using 3 different iPods/Phones. 5th gen Nano, 6th gan Nano, and iPhone 4. All with latest software.

I asked if they could program my mirrors to fold when I shut the car off while they were at it. (oh, and to have the headrests recall taken care of)...

A few examples below...

thanks!
--ben
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #2
LAnderson23
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

It probably detected you were listening to Ke$ha and automatically freaked the fuck out.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #3
SD_E88
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I knew someone would say something about my music choice! Lol!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #4
bimmerjph
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

Maybe your car is trying to tell you something about your music choice? jk jk

Have you tried using a different cable?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 10:46 PM   #5
Bmwphile
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i

Album art work

I have business navigation, BMW Y cable and a IPOD Touch. Can I dsiplay the album art work? If so how?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 10:55 PM   #6
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnderson23 View Post
It probably detected you were listening to Ke$ha and automatically freaked the fuck out.
^ this
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 06:56 AM   #7
LAnderson23
Captain
United_States
Rep

lol, sorry man you made it too easy to pick on you.

As someone else mentioned, I would try a different cable to see if you can replicate the issue. Hopefully it's just a faulty cable.

What did they say about programming the mirrors? I didn't think the service department would do that for you.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 09:46 AM   #8
SD_E88
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

No worries landerson! I expected some chiding. Didn't even think to try a cable. The cable is a Belkin black cable I got when I bought their charger. Very nice quality cable. Alas, I will try a white apple one soon.

Meanwhile they still have my car. The service guy didn't even ask any questions about folding mirrors, he just wrote it into the service. Hopefully they will get it done. I got a 335d loaner to drive though. Talk about a powerful motor!!! Unbelievable! And it seems to get 30 mpg with out even trying!

PS. You can not show album art with the y-cable set up. You have to have the enhanced bluetooth with bmw assist package to get the com box that talks to iPods via the USB port only. Didn't know this when I bought the car, just got lucky because I wanted enhanced Bluetooth so my iPhone would be able to stream music wirelessly.

I'll end with a quote... "the party don't start till I walk in!" --Kesha
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 10:03 AM   #9
LAnderson23
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD_F30 View Post
No worries landerson! I expected some chiding. Didn't even think to try a cable. The cable is a Belkin black cable I got when I bought their charger. Very nice quality cable. Alas, I will try a white apple one soon.

Meanwhile they still have my car. The service guy didn't even ask any questions about folding mirrors, he just wrote it into the service. Hopefully they will get it done. I got a 335d loaner to drive though. Talk about a powerful motor!!! Unbelievable! And it seems to get 30 mpg with out even trying!

PS. You can not show album art with the y-cable set up. You have to have the enhanced bluetooth with bmw assist package to get the com box that talks to iPods via the USB port only. Didn't know this when I bought the car, just got lucky because I wanted enhanced Bluetooth so my iPhone would be able to stream music wirelessly.

I'll end with a quote... "the party don't start till I walk in!" --Kesha
Ah, that's what I was afraid of. I assumed this was what using the Y-cable gives you, and the 'enahanced' USB gives you that other, 'blue' iPod interface I've seen. What do you actually see if you DON'T have the enhanced USB and are using the Y-cable? Anyone have a photo?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 06:01 PM   #10
dcshoes23
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Ah, that's what I was afraid of. I assumed this was what using the Y-cable gives you, and the 'enahanced' USB gives you that other, 'blue' iPod interface I've seen. What do you actually see if you DON'T have the enhanced USB and are using the Y-cable? Anyone have a photo?
It's just a list of songs with the current playing one highlighted. There isn't really a now playing screen that just shows one song and the info for it. I'm disappointed that a simple feature like that isn't standard
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 08:07 PM   #11
LAnderson23
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcshoes23
Quote:
It's just a list of songs with the current playing one highlighted. There isn't really a now playing screen that just shows one song and the info for it. I'm disappointed that a simple feature like that isn't standard
Argh! I REALLY wish I would have just ponied up and gotten the option. God dammit, too late now.
Appreciate 0