F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Ordering for December Delivery
Studio RSR

05-22-2015, 03:37 AM   #1
SeanMVCA
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 VW GLI

Ordering for December Delivery

When the MY2016 orders open, I want to place an order with enough time for it to be manufactured and delivered to Seattle in December. I'm on a VW lease now and am pretty set on going MY2016 3 series once my current lease is up in Dec. I've never really done an order before with any manufacturer. What are the things I need to consider here?
  1. When do I need to place the order for delivery around mid-late December?
  2. Do I put down a deposit at the time of order? (Does this mean I am bound to take this order?)
  3. When do you negotiave lease pricing? I assume holiday deals will be in full force in December and am hoping I get to negotiate the deal near the time of delivery. Or am I supposed to pre-negotiate before I order?
  4. I'm eligible for a corp fleet employee program offers that can stack with other incentives. Can I reveal this at the end of the negotiation? Or does the CORP program not apply to special order vehicles?
  5. How would european delivery play in my situation? Do I sign the paper before i leave the states a couple of months before US delivery date (Dec)? Does this mean I make payments for the first 2 months while the car is in transit?

Anything else I'm missing? Sorry for the crazy list... #bmwnoob
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 06:15 AM   #2
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep
Drives: '22 AW G30 B58 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMVCA View Post
When the MY2016 orders open, I want to place an order with enough time for it to be manufactured and delivered to Seattle in December. I'm on a VW lease now and am pretty set on going MY2016 3 series once my current lease is up in Dec. I've never really done an order before with any manufacturer. What are the things I need to consider here?
  2. Do I put down a deposit at the time of order? (Does this mean I am bound to take this order?)
  3. When do you negotiave lease pricing? I assume holiday deals will be in full force in December and am hoping I get to negotiate the deal near the time of delivery. Or am I supposed to pre-negotiate before I order?
  4. I'm eligible for a corp fleet employee program offers that can stack with other incentives. Can I reveal this at the end of the negotiation? Or does the CORP program not apply to special order vehicles?
  5. How would european delivery play in my situation? Do I sign the paper before i leave the states a couple of months before US delivery date (Dec)? Does this mean I make payments for the first 2 months while the car is in transit?

You've got a lot of homework to do.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 06:34 AM   #3
spuntyb
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 Competition

Did my first order last October. I didn't do ED, but I can help answer the other stuff.

Random stuff happens from time to time, at the factory, front office, etc. that can change all of this, so take it with a grain of salt.

I ordered 10/2 and took delivery 11/25 on a loaded F31, including leather dash. It all depends on available slots and demand. F31 was obviously low demand and had plenty of allocations. When I ordered, my salesperson guaranteed 4-6 weeks at most, and he was right. I would call your dealer when orders open up and get an idea of allocations and what they think the timeframe might be, but I can't imagine the entire thing would take more than 3 months.

You can tell the dealer how you want to set up your lease when you order, but final negotiations are when the car arrives on the lot and you actually take delivery. EOY incentives and credits that are available up to that day will then be applied.

Deposit is technically non-refundable, but if it came down to it, and the car is delivered differently than ordered, it's possible to walk on the deal and get that money back. Don't count on that though. Plan on dropping $1k to secure an allocation. It does not bind you to the car. You can change your mind at time of delivery, but that deposit is gone.

Not sure about the CORP program and whether or not it applies to custom builds. You would bring that up when you take delivery.

To summarize, it should go something like this:

1. Call dealer, meet up with them and give them your build sheet
2. You give a deposit, do a credit check, fill out some forms
3. Double check the order form that they give you and make sure it's exactly as you want it (they made a mistake on mine, but I noticed it before production began so it didn't delay anything)
4. WAIT - it will feel like a million years
5. Take delivery and make sure it's what you wanted
6. Finalize lease paperwork, which is where you do all the incentives, credits, decide how you want to slice it up, finalize how many miles you want, etc. Shouldn't take more than an hour or two max.
7. Drive home in your new car

A lot of good information here for the wait, after you've placed your order:

Ultimate Guide to BMW Tracking (Order and Delivery) http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=680467

2019 F90 Comp MBB|Black (sold)
2018 F80 ZCP TB|SS (sold)
2015 F30 335 AW|CR (sold)
2015 F31 MG|CR (sold)
2011 E90 JB|Oyster (sold)
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 09:06 AM   #4
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

The only person capable of answering questions regarding timing is your salesperson. There are many, many factors involved including their allocations, production schedules, etc., etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 05:35 PM   #5
TopgearLA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Med Blue 530e M Sport

I did an order in November last year and it came in end if December. Just have to find out when the last build date is for the year.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2015, 04:28 PM   #6
rambalu80
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
My last order was April 2007. I placed my order on April 6th (Good Friday) and car arrived at the dealership on May 11th. Picked up on May 12th.

I was lucky to get a car that was set to go to production about 5 days after I ordered. 1 week for production, 2 days to get the port, 3 - 4 days wait at the port, 2 weeks to ship from Germany to South Carolina, 2 days at the VPC & 2 days to get to the dealership.

Placed my 2nd order yesterday for a 2016 340i, scheduled for week 30 production. SA expects 7 - 8 weeks for delivery from the start of production. So, I would recommend that you plan on an early October production date, which means you may have to place your order by September at least.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 05:07 PM   #7
gm1963
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMVCA View Post

See answers below...leaving for Munich on 6/27 for 6/29 ED

I ordered in February but I think you're fine anywhere up to about 90 days in advance, some do it within 60 days but I wouldn't wait that long

Yes, I think my deposit was $1,000

Absolutely, negotiate the price of the car before you place deposit...as far as leasing terms, those can change up until the time you do paperwork, my CA watched for changes and let me know when mf and residual moved. I ended up purchasing because of timing and lease option changes. Final paperwork will be done next week. When you lease, you pay an additional bump on the MF which also allows for a skipped payment while the car is on the water

No idea on this one
  5. How would european delivery play in my situation? Do I sign the paper before i leave the states a couple of months before US delivery date (Dec)?

Per above, you'll do a purchase order when you finalize your build, then paperwork will be finalized a week or two before departure for ED

Does this mean I make payments for the first 2 months while the car is in transit?

Not sure on this but I believe you do MSD, First Month payment at time of signing, then you get to skip a payment as mentioned above but not sure which payment that is

If you have cash to apply then research doing multiple MSD's rather than using it as downpayment...Multiple MSD's lower the MF and I think you can do up to 7. Then you get your MSD's back at the end of the lease. There are several threads on multiple MSD's

Have fun with the process! Cheers!!
Appreciate 0