F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > 11 days at the Port with no status change? Can any dealers on the forum answer?
Extreme Powerhouse

10-18-2014, 12:21 PM   #1
ZilberGrau ZHP
Captain
Rep
Drives: 435GC MGray, 330 ZHP (Wifes),

11 days at the Port with no status change? Can any dealers on the forum answer?

Well my brothers F32 came in we got notified and 10 days later it went from South Carolina to Austin had a front splitter put on (NOT at the port) and delivered. My F36 showed up 11 days ago (My sales rep shouldn't have told me but I have waited 2 months for it to be built so yes I'm kinda excited)
So it has been at the port now for 11 days with NO status change and is still at the port. This sounds like problems to me. My sales rep told me there is a shortage of 442 orbit gray wheels (the best wheels BMW has made in some time IMO) but I am not so sure
I am thinking that it failed a quality check? Got damaged?
I am supposed to hear something Monday but I think that something is not right for it to sit for that long with NO status change. And how would I know if it got damaged and repaired? Would BMW tell the dealer- would the dealer tell me?
Am I just over thinking it or what?
And sales guys out there that can give me some insight or questions to ask
would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2014, 05:50 PM   #2
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep
Drives: '22 AW G30 B58 M-Sport

Have you called the 800 #?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 09:21 AM   #3
JasonX4MComp
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X4M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze4eMCe View Post
Well my brothers F32 came in we got notified and 10 days later it went from South Carolina to Austin had a front splitter put on (NOT at the port) and delivered. My F36 showed up 11 days ago (My sales rep shouldn't have told me but I have waited 2 months for it to be built so yes I'm kinda excited)
So it has been at the port now for 11 days with NO status change and is still at the port. This sounds like problems to me. My sales rep told me there is a shortage of 442 orbit gray wheels (the best wheels BMW has made in some time IMO) but I am not so sure
I am thinking that it failed a quality check? Got damaged?
I am supposed to hear something Monday but I think that something is not right for it to sit for that long with NO status change. And how would I know if it got damaged and repaired? Would BMW tell the dealer- would the dealer tell me?
Am I just over thinking it or what?
And sales guys out there that can give me some insight or questions to ask
would be appreciated.
Just because it has been at the port for 11 days doesn't mean it has been damaged or anything. I've had client's cars sit there for 2 weeks and I'm 30 minutes from the port. Alot of times it is just waiting to fill trucks. And your sales rep should know that a shortage of orbit gray wheels has nothing to do with your car sitting at the port since they are put on at the factory. Quality check is also done at the factory prior to leaving.

If it did get damaged, your dealer will know about it and will be fixed like it never happened. Ask your sales rep to send a VIR from today and see if it says anything under "hold". If nothing is there then you have no worries about damage.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 06:50 PM   #4
ZilberGrau ZHP
Captain
Rep
Drives: 435GC MGray, 330 ZHP (Wifes),

^^ Thank you for the posts I have called the 800 # and they give me a different answer than my sales rep! And I have asked for a VIR to be sent
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 12:11 AM   #5
F36 Pilot
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i GC

Quote:
^^ Thank you for the posts I have called the 800 # and they give me a different answer than my sales rep! And I have asked for a VIR to be sent
What is a VIR?

My car arrived at the port last Wed. 2 others on the same boat are picking up tonight.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2014, 03:39 PM   #6
bily
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 G05, 22 G26

Garage List
2022 i4  [0.00]
2022 BMW X5  [0.00]
2015 BMW 428 Cabriolet  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F36 Pilot
Quote:
What is a VIR?

My car arrived at the port last Wed. 2 others on the same boat are picking up tonight.
Vehicle info request
Appreciate 0