F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > New 2014 CLA starts at $29,900... your turn BMW
proTUNING Freaks

02-02-2013, 08:57 AM   #45
Sedoy
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10

True, or 320i for $36.1K with black exterior, black leatherette, HIDs and Sport Package (just built one).

Here CLA spotted in Barcelona, not bad looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja Ventureshield View Post
lol. you are right.
in the 30-40k range
i would have to agree with what you mentioned plus i would like to add the Acura tsx and ilx. That's why a lot of time i feel like if i had to chose something in the 30-40k range, i might as well pony-up 10k more and move a little more up market.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #46
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
not everyone is a petrolhead bro. the common consumer might go for brand whoring and pick this ride up.
Yup, exactly why MB is doing it. Dilutes the Star IMO. What is the point to have a Star on a $100K S-Class. Hyundai Genesis looks better and better every day.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 11:18 AM   #47
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Yup, exactly why MB is doing it. Dilutes the Star IMO. What is the point to have a Star on a $100K S-Class. Hyundai Genesis looks better and better every day.
hyundai Genesis may look better and better but it will never be anyone's 1st choice if they are cross shopping between the s-class. if i was a pimp on a budget then perhaps.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #48
Hisam135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Would seriously consider this if it made more power (AMG). Looks great
2008 Monaco Blue 335i | Terracotta | Premium | Auto | Comfort Access | Matte-black Grills | Carbon Fiber Splitters | 20% Tint | 1- point E9x Picture Game | Staggered 19' VMR V701 | Legal Disclaimer: My posts on this website cannot be held against me in any issues, such as warranty claims. |
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #49
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisam135i View Post
Would seriously consider this if it made more power (AMG). Looks great
cla45 is coming son. please sign up!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #50
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

I have two friends both with C class. Both cars have 6 years and both are rusted badly, especialy the bottom. Maybe nice, but No thank you. And I agree, it looks weird, more neah... That front grille is too busy, looks like a kitsch.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 09:02 PM   #51
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

the front headlights are way to big for my tastes, itll look great with some chicks, but any guy driving it will look like dicks.
      02-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #52
idrift4wd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five

Garage List
2007 BMW  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbmwuser View Post
the front headlights are way to big for my tastes, itll look great with some chicks, but any guy driving it will look like dicks.
:/ i think you guys are just mercedes haters

the CLA looks great, front and rear.

tails looks elegant and front looks aggressive. nice body lines and a nice interior. imo 100x better looking then a C class. people think 3 series are girls cars.

MB should offer a turbo 6 to go along with its I4. should be a hit.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 09:50 PM   #53
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrift4wd View Post

tails looks elegant and front looks aggressive. nice body lines and a nice interior. imo 100x better looking then a C class. people think 3 series are girls cars.

i LOVE mercedes, in fact, if the c-class wasnt so old, i would have gotten that instead.

The next c-class will be my girlfriends new car, i just hope she doesnt see this thing and likes it..
      02-02-2013, 11:31 PM   #54
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:

+1
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 11:04 AM   #55
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

I don't think somebody in here hates Mercedes, most likely you are pointing at people just because they express their opinion. If somebody does not like something, it doesn't mean hate is the main reason. Please be considerate and use your logic before posting something like that. You are jumping to conclusions without actually comparing the two.
The front of the CLA it is too busy, that is the truth. And is everywhere. And that grill looks gipsish, kitschy, look at it.
The tailights that you praise, just look at them. Are they nice? Maybe, for some people. Original? Yes. So is the Fiat Multipla. But these tailights look together like a buterfly. Would I like a butterfly tailight? Hm, maybe not me, sorry. So, which is the girlish car?
3series is a girls car? You make me smile. So, who are these "people" who are saying that? How about 1 series? Is your girl able to run the RWD 1M in rain and snow? They come in red too you know...

Bmw lines are refined, clean and flow in a certain pattern without ending weird. Mercedes lines want to flow but they are way too curvy, they kinda go everywhere. Bmw has angles in design, Mercedes has curves everywhere. Which elements speaks too you in "girlish"?
Put them aside and see which one impose respect and agresivity and which one is the one that it has the "uncertain" look.
Mercedes has luck wit that grille in the middle that defines it as a brand, otherwise is kinda trying to define its design. The Ferrari nostrils in the front bumper are way too big for the car. How that shiny, busy front grill works with black wheels? Does it say "sporty" to you? Really?
Yes I like some Mercedes cars, but not this one. And as I said, they rust like crap, why should I buy one? I never thought Mercedes will be that way.

I Germany they say, when you buy a BMW you also buy the "get out of my way factor". Look at the BMW in the rearview mirror.
This is the first time when I hear 3 Series is a girlish car. Yeah, if you order it in pink...

Last edited by Teutonic; 02-03-2013 at 11:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 12:04 PM   #56
JoeyO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: silver car

I like the Mercedes CLA, and I usually hate Mercedes out of the big three German companies. The Audi A4 has gotten too big and bloated for me, and the new Audi A3 is a huge disappointment because it looks like it was designed over 10 years ago. I still like BMW's F30 design but I never warmed up to it's squashed front end.

I like the CLA because the car designers took some chances with it. It's different. Not different in an Aztek way, but in a good way that the car stands out from others on the road. I don't like every design element but I like enough of them to purchase the car. Only the sport version has those big front intakes. IMO, BMW's F30 looks nice from all angles except for the front and it kinda looks a little cold by comparison. The CLA looks more like it was designed by a Renaissance artist with all its flowing lines. It looks more cohesive. More emotional. If Leonardo Da Vinci were driving today, I think he might drive this car :-)

I've seen the USA estimated price sheet for the CLA250 and you can get a somewhat optioned CLA for $33,000 MSRP. That includes leather seats, xenon, 18" sport wheels and wood trim. Yes, it's FWD but AWD will be available later for an extra $2,000. I think it will most likely compete with the BMW 320i so you're looking at low 30K's territory. But I think a BMW 320i may cost more when you compare item-for-item. But competition is good for consumers and the CLA gives me one more choice to consider in Sept when I look to purchase my next vehicle. I'll take one in bright red.

Last edited by JoeyO; 02-03-2013 at 12:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 02:29 PM   #57
idrift4wd
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
I don't think somebody in here hates Mercedes, most likely you are pointing at people just because they express their opinion. If somebody does not like something, it doesn't mean hate is the main reason. Please be considerate and use your logic before posting something like that. You are jumping to conclusions without actually comparing the two.
The front of the CLA it is too busy, that is the truth. And is everywhere. And that grill looks gipsish, kitschy, look at it.
The tailights that you praise, just look at them. Are they nice? Maybe, for some people. Original? Yes. So is the Fiat Multipla. But these tailights look together like a buterfly. Would I like a butterfly tailight? Hm, maybe not me, sorry. So, which is the girlish car?
3series is a girls car? You make me smile. So, who are these "people" who are saying that? How about 1 series? Is your girl able to run the RWD 1M in rain and snow? They come in red too you know...

Bmw lines are refined, clean and flow in a certain pattern without ending weird. Mercedes lines want to flow but they are way too curvy, they kinda go everywhere. Bmw has angles in design, Mercedes has curves everywhere. Which elements speaks too you in "girlish"?
Put them aside and see which one impose respect and agresivity and which one is the one that it has the "uncertain" look.
Mercedes has luck wit that grille in the middle that defines it as a brand, otherwise is kinda trying to define its design. The Ferrari nostrils in the front bumper are way too big for the car. How that shiny, busy front grill works with black wheels? Does it say "sporty" to you? Really?
Yes I like some Mercedes cars, but not this one. And as I said, they rust like crap, why should I buy one? I never thought Mercedes will be that way.

I Germany they say, when you buy a BMW you also buy the "get out of my way factor". Look at the BMW in the rearview mirror.
This is the first time when I hear 3 Series is a girlish car. Yeah, if you order it in pink...

Whoa, im in no way being "inconsiderate" and im not jumping to conclusion on my statement what so ever.

this is a bmw forum, there are many of people who hate mercedes. Would i get a c class? no, why because its boring in my opinion. I rather have power then comfortability, which mercedes does offer.

you're a hypocrite if you think the CLA is busy in the front and most certainly is NOT THE TRUTH. The truth is you dont know what you're talking about. please man, the front is simple, yes it looks like its puffing its chest, but it is pure mercedes and is original. grill looks gipsish? are you blind? why would you use that word to describe the grill lol. please man. its the CLA.... a smaller version of their CL/CLS line. They did a fantastic job. The rear end looks way better then the audi a4, F30, and c250/300 in my opinion. BMW is more of a sports car then a mercedes will ever be, comparing the 3 series to a C class, everyone knows the BMW is a much sportier better handling car. mercedes is about elegance and professionalism, which i think they achieved with the CLA. Line going nowhere? have you seen other cars on the road? hyundai? infiniti? smh. would i buy one? sure if they offered a better engine.

you are also illiterate. i said "some people think the 3 series is a girls car". i didnt say I THINK THE 3 SERIES IS A GIRLS CAR. i drive a 3 series if you didnt know.... LOL.

CLA looks much better in my opinion, im sure a general non-bias consensus would say the same.

please... jump to conclusion my ass. you need to read better bro. ABC & 123.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #58
JoeyO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: silver car

The standard design doesn't have the two enlarged air intakes. Only the sport version has that feature. Here's the regular standard front end. I like it.

Last edited by JoeyO; 02-03-2013 at 02:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #59
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep

i am getting it, that car looks hella good.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 05:05 PM   #60
DarkTrigger
Professional
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i MPPK

Looks nice. Would definitely like to know how the CLA45 AMG would perform though. FWD just doesn't do it for me. It just does not do any good having the same tires with the power steer. If it gets the AWD, that's not enough power for what will be ~3,400 lbs. though.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #61
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
That's just your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyO View Post
The standard design doesn't have the two enlarged air intakes. Only the sport version has that feature. Here's the regular standard front end. I like it.

This is the first MB where I prefer the non-AMG package styling more. This looks clean mature, whereas the AMG package looks cartoonishly stretched.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 06:47 PM   #62
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Whoa, im in no way being "inconsiderate" and im not jumping to conclusion on my statement what so ever.

this is a bmw forum, there are many of people who hate mercedes. Would i get a c class? no, why because its boring in my opinion. I rather have power then comfortability, which mercedes does offer.

you're a hypocrite if you think the CLA is busy in the front and most certainly is NOT THE TRUTH. The truth is you dont know what you're talking about. please man, the front is simple, yes it looks like its puffing its chest, but it is pure mercedes and is original. grill looks gipsish? are you blind? why would you use that word to describe the grill lol. please man. its the CLA.... a smaller version of their CL/CLS line. They did a fantastic job. The rear end looks way better then the audi a4, F30, and c250/300 in my opinion. BMW is more of a sports car then a mercedes will ever be, comparing the 3 series to a C class, everyone knows the BMW is a much sportier better handling car. mercedes is about elegance and professionalism, which i think they achieved with the CLA. Line going nowhere? have you seen other cars on the road? hyundai? infiniti? smh. would i buy one? sure if they offered a better engine.

you are also illiterate. i said "some people think the 3 series is a girls car". i didnt say I THINK THE 3 SERIES IS A GIRLS CAR. i drive a 3 series if you didnt know.... LOL.

CLA looks much better in my opinion, im sure a general non-bias consensus would say the same.

please... jump to conclusion my ass. you need to read better bro. ABC & 123.
Dear Literate,

It is not necessary to bring in here your attitude.
The fact that this is a BMW forum does not means that everybody in here hates Mercedes. this is a thread with a new car, people are entitled to post their opinion without being punished for their perception. Please read the posts again, where do you see that hate?
Why are you hiding behind a such poor and childish statement?

My dad drives in Europe a Mercedes and he was a Mercedes guy all the time, I owned a Mercedes in the past, what makes you think people hate Mercedes?

You are calling me a hypocrite? For what? Since you are a such literate, please check the dictionary before using words just to impress.

The front looks busy. That "is NOT THE TRUTH"? And who are you to tell me which is the truth? If you can not accept other peoples opinion don't read, but don't impose on others your attitude.
Quote:
"The truth is you dont know what you're talking about."
Please, resume your reply to the subject, you are just making a fool of yourself. I presume that as educated as you are, you know at least few basic principles that represent the foundation of a decent dialog.

Yes, it is my opinion, the grill looks busy, so is the rest of the front.
I do agree with one statement in this thread, Mercedes is diluting the star.
Look at the old front grille that was unique and simple, yet effective as a Mercedes statement (see attachments). Today, every grille is different from a model to another.

Do you like the car? Good for you dear colleague, buy one, but do not come in here and criticize me or others for a simple opinion. I didn't like the fact that you just jump to the conclusion that people hate Mercedes, it was just a simple way of offending others for the fact that the do have a different taste. Like they are dumb because they can't see the beauty you are seeing. You even called me blind. And if you call yourself educated, why are you calling me blind? Do you know me? Are we friends? We had dinner together? All you know is to insult others? This is your level? Seriously? And you are playing the literate role in here?

Many users in here do not hate the car, they just don't like it. Period! Why you can't accept it?

Not the last, please read my post again, I did not say that you think the 3 series is a girls car. I said "So, who are these "people" who are saying that?"

Illiterate? Please, if you are so literate, read your text, check your grammar and your punctuation, eventually check the dictionary from time to time; the words that you are using might not fit properly in your sentence.

Quote:
"Im sure a general non-bias consensus would say the same."
And you are calling me illiterate?

I do admit that sometimes I make mistakes regardless I am trying to avoid them. From what I know this is a car forum, I didn't know I must check every word I am writing.
English is my fifth language and I never went to one class of English in my life. I do hope however, that you speak and write in a second language as "illiterate" as I speak and write in my fifth one...
Attached Images

Last edited by Teutonic; 02-03-2013 at 07:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #63
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

Looks pretty damn good to me!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 09:08 PM   #64
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year's_End View Post
That's just your opinion.
Hence the use of the term IMO ("In My Opinion"...)
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #65
dtwyim
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW no more

Looks good to me. AMG could be a beast only if 4matic is rear drive biased in this application.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 10:51 PM   #66
idrift4wd
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
Dear Literate,

It is not necessary to bring in here your attitude.
The fact that this is a BMW forum does not means that everybody in here hates Mercedes. this is a thread with a new car, people are entitled to post their opinion without being punished for their perception. Please read the posts again, where do you see that hate?
Why are you hiding behind a such poor and childish statement?

My dad drives in Europe a Mercedes and he was a Mercedes guy all the time, I owned a Mercedes in the past, what makes you think people hate Mercedes?

You are calling me a hypocrite? For what? Since you are a such literate, please check the dictionary before using words just to impress.

The front looks busy. That "is NOT THE TRUTH"? And who are you to tell me which is the truth? If you can not accept other peoples opinion don't read, but don't impose on others your attitude.
Please, resume your reply to the subject, you are just making a fool of yourself. I presume that as educated as you are, you know at least few basic principles that represent the foundation of a decent dialog.

Yes, it is my opinion, the grill looks busy, so is the rest of the front.
I do agree with one statement in this thread, Mercedes is diluting the star.
Look at the old front grille that was unique and simple, yet effective as a Mercedes statement (see attachments). Today, every grille is different from a model to another.

Do you like the car? Good for you dear colleague, buy one, but do not come in here and criticize me or others for a simple opinion. I didn't like the fact that you just jump to the conclusion that people hate Mercedes, it was just a simple way of offending others for the fact that the do have a different taste. Like they are dumb because they can't see the beauty you are seeing. You even called me blind. And if you call yourself educated, why are you calling me blind? Do you know me? Are we friends? We had dinner together? All you know is to insult others? This is your level? Seriously? And you are playing the literate role in here?

Many users in here do not hate the car, they just don't like it. Period! Why you can't accept it?

Not the last, please read my post again, I did not say that you think the 3 series is a girls car. I said "So, who are these "people" who are saying that?"

Illiterate? Please, if you are so literate, read your text, check your grammar and your punctuation, eventually check the dictionary from time to time; the words that you are using might not fit properly in your sentence.

And you are calling me illiterate?

I do admit that sometimes I make mistakes regardless I am trying to avoid them. From what I know this is a car forum, I didn't know I must check every word I am writing.
English is my fifth language and I never went to one class of English in my life. I do hope however, that you speak and write in a second language as "illiterate" as I speak and write in my fifth one...
im in no way trying to instigate or insult, but calling me inconsiderate and use logic?

How am i jumping to conclusions, when time and time again e90post members attack mercedes for what ever reason. They really come out when its a comparison thread. Im so happy that you know five languages, i really am. When a car looks like that at a unbelievable price point and from a well known car company, why cant you respect it? Do you always have to hate?

I understand this car might not be for everyone, but saying the car is ugly when cars like the corollas or priuses on on the road is just crazy. Any car enthusiast should know what a good looking car is and an ugly one. There are things that Audi do better then BMWs, things that Mercedes do better then Audis, etc. i think mercedes has done a great job with their CL and CLS line. The CLA fits perfect, and many of your comments would relate to the CLS and CL line. So, im guessing those are ugly too? Every car magazine raves their awesome looks. The CLS amg wagon is a great looking wagon. The car starts at under 30K which is cheaper then any BMW as the 1 series starts at 31k. Do you know what segment the CLA is in? it's a compact sedan. Do you know what other cars are in that segment? TSX/ILX, A3, Verano, Ct200h etc. which in my opinion, none compare.
Appreciate 0