F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Would like to hear from 4-series convertible owners
Extreme Powerhouse

04-30-2014, 01:47 PM   #1
Squddie
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4

Would like to hear from 4-series convertible owners

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hoi. I'm driving a 2004 330 Ci convertible, sports package, brand new Yokohamas etc. I would like to get something newer, but so far my attempts to replace it did not survive getting back into my e46 after test driving something else.

The 4-series would be an obvious candidate (duh), but quite frankly BMW overdid the pricing this time. The 4-series that I would want would be 62,000 to 66,000, whereas a E class convertible with options like upgraded nappa leather and ventilated seats would be 67,000. Quite frankly BMW is out of line here. Or are they? I mean at that point I rather get a 6er.

I would really like to hear from those who got one, or at least test drove one, whether you think that the 2014 is such a large upgrade over 3-series convertibles that you think the price is justified.

To elaborate a bit more, here is what nags me about the pricing:
- I must have decent stereo but the Heckler and Koch stereo ($875) is only available if you take the navigation ($2150). Really? WTH?
- I wouldn't buy a BMW without the sports package, but remind me what I pay 2600-3000 dollars for here? And they don't mention sports suspension, is that default now?
- no convertibles with stick shift?
- only half of the colors with sports package?

Sorry. Anyway. Sorry I'm upset. I can read German and I know that the stunt to pull in the Navi with the H&K doesn't seem to be based on technical constraints given that the Euros can have one or the other.

Worth it? Did they turn the 3-series convertible into something that much more valuable?
Appreciate 0