F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Podcast help with ios8
proTUNING Freaks

03-23-2015, 03:06 AM   #1
chris.gid
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330d M Sport

Podcast help with ios8

Picked up my new F31 330d on Friday and as lovely as the diesel and turbo sounds i do like to listen to podcasts on my journey as i get bored with music after a while.

I've connect my iPhone 6 (running latest ios) via Bluetooth and USB and i cant access them. When i first connected the phone (or after rebooting) i can access the search function under multimedia devices and find a specific podcast (which is a bit painful but i can live with it) but then i have 2 problems:

1) The podcast doesn't play and i have to hit the play button on my iPhone
2) All the search functions disappear, all i get is the forward and next tracks (which just restart the existing podcast). If i go back it just takes me to the main multimedia screen and when i click on my iPhone it goes straight back into the podcast i was listening to without any search buttons.

I know there are supposed to be some bugs with ios 8 but has anyone figured out a way around them. I can access podcasts directly from the iphone but that kinda defeats the purpose of the system and Stitcher only has a few of my podcasts listed.

I'm running the professional media with HK speakers. I've updated to the latest software and still have the same problem.

Any help appreciated otherwise i'll have to take the dealer up on his offer of a session with a 'genius'.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2015, 03:47 PM   #2
BMWSKI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E63 AMG Saloon :)

Not sure if this helps but mine works fine...not sure why you're having problems? My car was built end of 2013.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2015, 04:06 PM   #3
StuartB
Rep
Drives: F31

I am having exactly the same problem. Very frustrating to say the least! I also have to drive podcasts via the phone itself, rather than the car's media unit.

Interested to hear if you make any progress. I've tried everything and I can't make podcasts work properly. :
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2015, 04:08 PM   #4
djcowlin
Captain
Rep
Drives: G21 330e

When I upgraded my iPhone 5 to iOS 8.2 I deleted the 'phone from the list of Bluetooth devices in the car and then re-paired it. It's been working reliably since then (famous last words).
      03-23-2015, 04:53 PM   #5
chris.gid
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcowlin
When I upgraded my iPhone 5 to iOS 8.2 I deleted the 'phone from the list of Bluetooth devices in the car and then re-paired it. It's been working reliably since then (famous last words).
Just tried that and no difference. Not sure if it is Bluetooth related as I have the same problem over usb even with Bluetooth turned off. Dealer is booking me some time the the expert at the dealership. Will update afterwards.
Appreciate 0