F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Front mid range speaker replacement Question
GetBMWParts

01-26-2016, 06:17 PM   #1
RoscoeM
Rep
Drives: 2013 335I

Front mid range speaker replacement Question

Edit 2: Found the BAVSound video, easy enough...

Okay, so I looked through about 7 pages and searched but was unable to find anything on replacing the front mid range speaker in the dash. I believe the speaker is blown, I seem to have an issue with crappy blue-tooth issues from time to time. The blue-tooth will drop and when it reconnects it blares pretty loud and I think this caused the speaker to blow. I still get audio but it sounds horrid.

Edit... Should probably include the question.....

So, does the dash need to be removed to replace the speaker and does anyone know of a DIY? Also, does anyone else have issues with their blue-tooth?

Last edited by RoscoeM; 01-26-2016 at 07:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 11:48 AM   #2
Fronzdan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M240 xDrive

You should probably just keep adding on to this thread, rather than editing. You lose the context of the questions.

But wrt the Bluetooth and phone noise potentially blowing speakers, I think that's a valid concern. I've been on conversations where I've worried about that. And since phone calls come out from the center speaker, it could be blown.

Are you asking how to get at the speaker? Assuming you have an F30, it's on the top of the dash, behind the plastic grille. You just have to carefully pry the grille up with a plastic tool and you can get to the torx screws. You might consider getting a ratchet that can hold a torx bit. Your clearance is very short there....the windshield will prevent you from using a normal length driver.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 08:49 PM   #3
RoscoeM
Rep
Drives: 2013 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzdan View Post
You should probably just keep adding on to this thread, rather than editing. You lose the context of the questions.

But wrt the Bluetooth and phone noise potentially blowing speakers, I think that's a valid concern. I've been on conversations where I've worried about that. And since phone calls come out from the center speaker, it could be blown.

Are you asking how to get at the speaker? Assuming you have an F30, it's on the top of the dash, behind the plastic grille. You just have to carefully pry the grille up with a plastic tool and you can get to the torx screws. You might consider getting a ratchet that can hold a torx bit. Your clearance is very short there....the windshield will prevent you from using a normal length driver.
Yes, I have an F30. I was curious how to replace that speaker as I couldn't find and posts specifically about replacement of that speaker. However, I was able to figure it out by watching the BAVAuto speaker upgrade video instructions.

My issue wasnt so much with the bluetooth during calls but once the call is over. The bluetooth doesn't seem to always continue playing whatever music I may have been listening to. So, I have to reconnect and the music comes on blaring sometimes which is what I believe caused the issue.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 07:20 AM   #4
Fronzdan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M240 xDrive

There also when you eject a CD, which in general needs to be higher volume. The radio comes on blaring super loud by default.
Appreciate 0