F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Integral Audio - Group Buy!!! - SoundstageDSP Ultra System for BMW 3 & 4 series
Extreme Powerhouse

04-14-2022, 07:48 PM   #1
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep
Drives: G07, F97, F30, E90, E46, E30

Integral Audio - Group Buy!!! - SoundstageDSP Ultra System for BMW 3 & 4 series

Hi everyone,

I have an exciting opportunity for our F3X/F8X enthusiasts that have been on the fence regarding upgrading their vehicle’s audio system. After personally considering the multiple “upgrade” options available to the non-sound system expert, DIY capable BMW enthusiast, and having painstakingly read through countless F3X/F8X audio forum posts, reviews, and discussions with said companies, I have decided to go with the SoundstageDSP Ultra System for BMW 3 & 4 series offered by Integral Audio. This is quite frankly an amazing off-the-shelf soundstage solution, and I challenge you to find a bad review or negative feedback.

Some may have walked away from this offering in the past, given the price point, but I promise this is a situation where you get what you pay for. SO…let’s get to the exciting part!

I have reached out to the company’s founder and CEO, Kevin @ Integral Audio , and WE HAVE A GROUP BUY!!!!

This system typically sells for $3,999 and just like everything else around us, supply chain and inflationary pressures are forcing the company to imminently raise the price to $4,199. If you spend some time speaking with Kevin, you would realize that even $4,199 is a good deal, given component quality, the R&D time, and thought that has been put into this true 4-way, plug-and-play audio solution. From now through May 31, 2022. Kevin has agreed to freeze the $3,999 selling price for this group buy event only, PLUS offer an additional group buy discount of up to 25% or $1000 (details below) AND free shipping to the lower 48 (continental US). International shipping and shipping to AK and HI is also available, but you would have to discuss additional shipping costs and/or insurance with Integral Audio, directly.

What’s in it for me? First and foremost, sharing my enthusiasm for a top-notch DIY soundstage audio solution with fellow BMW owners and secondly, I will receive an additional $100 discount, for each group buy participant, on the system I have already purchased. That’s it, and I am stating that for full transparency and noting that I am not personally participating in the group buy. So, let’s get this going! The potential discount structure is listed below.

Any questions, please ask. Kevin and the Integral Audio team will be monitoring this thread and are available to answer any questions you may have…good luck.

https://integralaudio.com/

Appreciate 0
      04-16-2022, 01:56 AM   #2
khanmohammed
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanb2b View Post
Hi everyone,

I have an exciting opportunity for our F3X/F8X enthusiasts that have been on the fence regarding upgrading their vehicle’s audio system. After personally considering the multiple “upgrade” options available to the non-sound system expert, DIY capable BMW enthusiast, and having painstakingly read through countless F3X/F8X audio forum posts, reviews, and discussions with said companies, I have decided to go with the SoundstageDSP Ultra System for BMW 3 & 4 series offered by Integral Audio. This is quite frankly an amazing off-the-shelf soundstage solution, and I challenge you to find a bad review or negative feedback.

Some may have walked away from this offering in the past, given the price point, but I promise this is a situation where you get what you pay for. SO…let’s get to the exciting part!

I have reached out to the company’s founder and CEO, Kevin @ Integral Audio , and WE HAVE A GROUP BUY!!!!

This system typically sells for $3,999 and just like everything else around us, supply chain and inflationary pressures are forcing the company to imminently raise the price to $4,199. If you spend some time speaking with Kevin, you would realize that even $4,199 is a good deal, given component quality, the R&D time, and thought that has been put into this true 4-way, plug-and-play audio solution. From now through May 31, 2022. Kevin has agreed to freeze the $3,999 selling price for this group buy event only, PLUS offer an additional group buy discount of up to 25% or $1000 (details below) AND free shipping to the lower 48 (continental US). International shipping and shipping to AK and HI is also available, but you would have to discuss additional shipping costs and/or insurance with Integral Audio, directly.

What’s in it for me? First and foremost, sharing my enthusiasm for a top-notch DIY soundstage audio solution with fellow BMW owners and secondly, I will receive an additional $100 discount, for each group buy participant, on the system I have already purchased. That’s it, and I am stating that for full transparency and noting that I am not personally participating in the group buy. So, let’s get this going! The potential discount structure is listed below.

Any questions, please ask. Kevin and the Integral Audio team will be monitoring this thread and are available to answer any questions you may have…good luck.

https://integralaudio.com/

Wow that's pricey! How's this compared to Harmon kardon and Bavsound?
Appreciate 1
Wires1645.50
      04-16-2022, 04:43 PM   #3
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanmohammed View Post
Wow that's pricey! How's this compared to Harmon kardon and Bavsound?
This takes a HK system and makes it way better. Only the front door speakers and underseat subs are replaced. I am actually upgrading from HK. The Bavsound solution is OK, but reviews on Revanant Pro Amp seem hit or miss. While Bavsound does have more speakers to replace, it not the speakers that setup the soundstage experience, nor is it a cheaper solution yet still lacks the crossovers and rear sub.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2022, 02:21 PM   #4
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d xDrive

Wow. I was excited when I saw this. Then I saw the price. Unfortunately, this sound system costs like 20-40% of the value of most peoples cars on here. I think my 2014 diesel has a kbb value of like $9k… not a chance I'd sell it for that much but just sayin.

Anyways that's wayyyy more than I'd like to spend. Good luck my man.
Appreciate 1
dmanb2b2124.50
      04-17-2022, 03:15 PM   #5
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshooter View Post
Wow. I was excited when I saw this. Then I saw the price. Unfortunately, this sound system costs like 20-40% of the value of most peoples cars on here. I think my 2014 diesel has a kbb value of like $9k… not a chance I'd sell it for that much but just sayin.

Completely understand! PS I used to own a 335d, that I probably put 2x the $ that the car was probably worth, but it's all about enjoying the ride, but we all have our comfort levels, so I get it

Anyways, we are up to 4 commitments @25%...so good momentum. The good news is these are plug an play, so reverting back to stock and selling the system, when and if you even sell the car is an option.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2022, 10:16 PM   #6
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d xDrive

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshooter View Post

Completely understand! PS I used to own a 335d, that I probably put 2x the $ that the car was probably worth, but it's all about enjoying the ride, but we all have our comfort levels, so I get it

Anyways, we are up to 4 commitments @25%...so good momentum. The good news is these are plug an play, so reverting back to stock and selling the system, when and if you even sell the car is an option.
That is very true. You can always revert and sell.

Me though. I'm just looking for a PP86DSP used for a decent price. Things are like gold. No one sells and if they do they want close to retail for a new one
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2022, 10:13 AM   #7
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep

We have 8 commitments so far! I also just wrapped up my install. I've had other audio upgrades as well as car mods...this has to be a top 3, maybe even a number 1. The sound is so crisp and clear, even with the windows and sunroof open...amazing job Kevin @ Integral Audio

Found some mouse party evidence along the way...lol

Some install pics...this truly is DIY friendly. Kevin has thought of pretty much everything, including spare door panel clips which I did not end up needing.

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2022, 12:37 PM   #8
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

That pricing is INSANE. I didn't even pay that much for my B&W studio home theatre speakers (2 towers, 2 subs, 1 center and 6 surrounds).

Wow.... just wow.... At the end of it sound bouncing off hard plastic, hard leather and glass ends up nasty at the best of times.
Appreciate 1
Billfitz8243.00
      04-24-2022, 07:00 PM   #9
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wires View Post
That pricing is INSANE. I didn't even pay that much for my B&W studio home theatre speakers (2 towers, 2 subs, 1 center and 6 surrounds).

Wow.... just wow.... At the end of it sound bouncing off hard plastic, hard leather and glass ends up nasty at the best of times.
Don't be a cheap f30 owner.

I promise you this sounds way better than any B&O or B&W system, I have heard in a BMW or vehicle for that matter. Go ahead and price out an amp, DSP (with remote), under seat subs, 2 mid drivers, tweeters, and a 10" with custom enclosure. Oh yeah don't forget plug and play wiring harness to splice into HIFI or HK and the custom amp rack. This is not the avg. bazooka tube, I now have a system solution. I can't even get myself to turn up the volume on full now, with zero distortion. Hard to explain, but this may have most of my car mods beat in terms of smiles per mile.

Bavsound is more expensive and bimmertech doesn't even have an amp solution for HK owners.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2022, 07:45 AM   #10
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Not a cheap owner, but I doubt it would sound that impressive in a car for that price. Heck, even getting a B&O upgrade on our Audi when we bought it was $950. They are $3000 (400%) better than the 10 speaker B&O upgrade?

B&O sounds really good, but I sure wouldn't be paying $4k to get it.
Appreciate 1
Billfitz8243.00
      04-25-2022, 08:55 AM   #11
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Audi when we bought it was $950. They are $3000 (400%) better than the 10 speaker B&O upgrade?

B&O sounds really good, but I sure wouldn't be paying $4k to get it.
I'm sure B&O was/is really good, but HK is already a 16 speaker DSP class system. This upgrade is now 17 speakers running dual amps and an additional DSP processor. HK sounds like garbage compared to this upgrade....I'll post video later, but it does not do the sound experience justice.

Well worth the $, especially if you try to walk into an audio shop and try to obtain the same result, with aftermarket components, not a factory level upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2022, 05:01 PM   #12
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I'm sure B&O was/is really good, but HK is already a 16 speaker DSP class system. This upgrade is now 17 speakers running dual amps and an additional DSP processor. HK sounds like garbage compared to this upgrade....I'll post video later, but it does not do the sound experience justice.

Well worth the $, especially if you try to walk into an audio shop and try to obtain the same result, with aftermarket components, not a factory level upgrade.
My HK sounded like garbage when I bought the car, so you are starting with a very very low bar.
Appreciate 1
otay826.00
      04-25-2022, 06:32 PM   #13
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep

Quote:
My HK sounded like garbage when I bought the car, so you are starting with a very very low bar.
You are really confusing the hell out of me and I am really not understanding the point of your posts other than to bash the group buy effort with an opinion that has no basis. First, you are comparing the cost of a f3x/f8x soundstage upgrade to a home audio system (which even you agree is a difficult environment to obtain good results in, vs. 4 walls), then an Audi factory upgrade with only 10 speakers and now HK is a "very very low bar", which btw I don't disagree with you on.

You say "INSANE" pricing and "Wow just wow"...but you've yet to discuss the alternate total cost of new aftermarket audio upgrades for the f3x or f8x, with the same or similar components included, that are SO MUCH CHEAPER and deliver true complete, plug and play 4-way audio...lmao

Yes, a car is not the best place for acoustics, but that does not mean you can't maximize it's potential and enjoy the many hours spent commuting enjoying your favorite tunes. Bavsound and the Bimmertech/Alpha One solutions aren't even close, with the exception of cost. As of now we have 8 commitments for the group buy and we are likely going to hit the 25% discount, so at $3K USD, you are getting what seems like a pretty reasonable package price for new equipment designed to work together for this specific vehicle. If I could sit you in my car I would love to have you take a listen, because even at $4K USD, it is a tremendous transformation.

Sorry, but $3 or $4K is not a lot of money today, in 2022, and I am doing my best to get the group a solid discount on a package. I could literally care less about any kick back. I've never once tried to steer fellow enthusiasts the wrong way and I'm not about to start now.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2022, 10:31 PM   #14
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep

For anyone doubting the result, grab a good set of headphones and have a listen. Mind you this was recorded with a plain old iPhone and then uploaded to YT. This isn't even close to how it sounds sitting in the cabin:

sample 1

sample 2
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 07:39 AM   #15
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
You say "INSANE" pricing and "Wow just wow"...but you've yet to discuss the alternate total cost of new aftermarket audio upgrades for the f3x or f8x, with the same or similar components included, that are SO MUCH CHEAPER and deliver true complete, plug and play 4-way audio...lmao

Sorry, but $3 or $4K is not a lot of money today, in 2022,.
I'm not bashing anything. It's just really expensive upgrade for as others have said, costing 50% of what most people on this forum's car is worth.

Modern vehicles already come with poly cones, neo magnets, etc. The reason there is no real upgrades, is there is no real market since most consumers can no longer see that night/day difference in quality. They typically just lack the snappy bass. If you are happy with it, great. I just cannot see value in that kind of upgrade. I love music, but in my world $3-4k is a lot of money. Glad your money tree sheds easier...
Appreciate 1
Billfitz8243.00
      04-26-2022, 09:24 AM   #16
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I'm not bashing anything. It's just really expensive upgrade for as others have said, costing 50% of what most people on this forum's car is worth.

Modern vehicles already come with poly cones, neo magnets, etc. The reason there is no real upgrades, is there is no real market since most consumers can no longer see that night/day difference in quality. They typically just lack the snappy bass. If you are happy with it, great. I just cannot see value in that kind of upgrade. I love music, but in my world $3-4k is a lot of money. Glad your money tree sheds easier...
Sorry, I didn't realize you were driving around an $8K vehicle. I drive a lower mile 340, which I enjoy modifying. And yes, for me spending $1,500 on a proper catted downpipe, $3K on a hybrid turbo, $1,500 on an HPFP, $2-$3K on forged wheels and tires, $2k on brakes, $2k on suspension is no big deal for a 10+% improvement in the driving experience any one of those categories. There is a whole group of us in the B58 forum that I could have sworn you are a key contributor in and fellow enthusiast.

All that aside, how many base model f3x owners have you seen pour countless $ into what many would consider senseless and tasteless mods? Who cares...it's their car, and that is what car enthusiasts do. The same applies here, so I'm really not sure why you felt the need to make such a comment about the cost of this particular solution or my personal ability to afford a mod you have no interest in. Modding isn't for everyone and neither are all mods or the personal goals we are trying to achieve, but we are all not the same.

I also 100% agree with your statement about modern vehicles, which is exactly why Integral doesn't bother replacing all of the speakers, unlike others. The HK system is not very good in highs or lows, let alone base radio or HiFi and this solution cleans that up and changes the listening experience significantly.

Again, I'm sorry you do not see the value or the market, but there is a group of enthusiasts who do (we already have 8-9 people signed up for the group buy). Our goal is not just to achieve a bit more snappy bass and I hope you can understand that.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 09:41 AM   #17
auburnf30x
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Again, I'm sorry you do not see the value or the market, but there is a group of enthusiasts who do (we already have 8-9 people signed up for the group buy). Our goal is not just to achieve a bit more snappy bass and I hope you can understand that.
From what I've read, he does, but $3-4k is just a lot of money for a car audio system. Back when I used to worry with such things, I could piecemeal a good system for my vehicles for a lot less, so I understand the sticker shock.

But I'm content with the stock Hi-Fi, so what do I know. If it rocks your socks, carry on.

Appreciate 3
dmanb2b2124.50
Billfitz8243.00
Wires1645.50
      04-26-2022, 09:54 AM   #18
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnf30x View Post
From what I've read, he does, but $3-4k is just a lot of money for a car audio system. Back when I used to worry with such things, I could piecemeal a good system for my vehicles for a lot less, so I understand the sticker shock.

But I'm content with the stock Hi-Fi, so what do I know. If it rocks your socks, carry on.
Indeed it does! and that's a great perspective
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 11:49 AM   #19
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnf30x View Post
$3-4k is just a lot of money for a car audio system.
That's more than what my entire 5.1 home theater system cost, including the 55" Bravia OLED TV. Since I build all my own speakers those came in at less than a quarter the price that they'd have cost off the shelf, but still...
Appreciate 1
Wires1645.50
      04-26-2022, 12:16 PM   #20
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
That's more than what my entire 5.1 home theater system cost, including the 55" Bravia OLED TV. Since I build all my own speakers those came in at less than a quarter the price that they'd have cost off the shelf, but still...
Again, I'm all ears if someone wants to point out something more affordable in terms of a 2022 retail list of parts, for an F3x/F8x that can be accomplished by the avg DIY enthusiast in a day and avoid installation costs and countless hours of researching individual components. Not a home theater system built by an individual skilled in building audio systems, at cost.

2 tweeters, 2 mids, 2 under seat subs, 2 crossovers, DSP (tuned), custom trunk sub enclosure and subwoofer, DSP remote, ARC Audio Amp, Amp rack, and plug-and-play wiring and the bits and pieces to make it work together.

Even better, what would this cost the average person if they walked into a car audio shop and said; "here is what I want...source it and install it for me, thanks!"?

I don't spend much time at home enjoying music or TV, but I certainly understand your investment if you do so.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 07:05 PM   #21
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Not a home theater system built by an individual skilled in building audio systems, at cost.
That's definitely not at cost but like I said, hope you are happy with it.

My biggest reservation for a purchase at that price point is I have never heard of this company/brand before. If you say B&O, they have been doing audio for 97 years. B&W, 56 years. Both have tons of experience in their field.

My HK OEM sounds "decent" once I messed with the EQ settings. But cranking the volume changes that flat profile, so then it sounds harsh again. That's more of a car environment issue, and less of a speaker driver issue. Perhaps a better EQ that could adjust for these artifacts based on volume, and perhaps that's what you are getting with this purchase.
Appreciate 1
dmanb2b2124.50
      04-26-2022, 07:58 PM   #22
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep

Quote:
That's definitely not at cost but like I said, hope you are happy with it.

My biggest reservation for a purchase at that price point is I have never heard of this company/brand before. If you say B&O, they have been doing audio for 97 years. B&W, 56 years. Both have tons of experience in their field.

My HK OEM sounds "decent" once I messed with the EQ settings. But cranking the volume changes that flat profile, so then it sounds harsh again. That's more of a car environment issue, and less of a speaker driver issue. Perhaps a better EQ that could adjust for these artifacts based on volume, and perhaps that's what you are getting with this purchase.
The cost comment was not directed at you. I was responding to Billfitz.

If you are ever in the NYC area, I welcome you to beer and have a listen ...until then the best I can do is the crappy iPhone recordings I posted above. I just got back from a drive...still smiling, nothing short of amazing
Appreciate 1
Wires1645.50