F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW Assist
Extreme Powerhouse

12-24-2012, 02:41 PM   #1
rolandleth
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

BMW Assist

Hello everyone.

So, long story short, I live in a country where BMW Assist doesn't exist, but I bought the car second-hand from BMW Germany; the first owner in the car's book is BMW AG. It has Professional Navi, BMW Apps, all the stuff, and I know it must have 3 years of included BMW Assist service (I read this somewhere on a BMW site, so I know for sure it's true).

When I bought it I didn't know all this info and the dealer must have forgotten to share it. My problem is now, how can I get a hold of the username, password, email and phone number of the car's BMW Assist account except from the dealer himsf? Will it work in my country? (Should, imo)

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Have you tried to push the SOS button located next to the overhead light controls and sunroof switch (if you have a sunroof)?

Its possible you may get a message saying BMW Assist is not activated and to contact your BMW center. If you do, you'll want to contact your selling dealer and and ask them to send in the BMW Assist form for your country. Dealer must let BMW Assist know who the purchaser is, etc in order for the car to make its initial connection to setup your account.

4 years of BMW Assist Safety plan are included for USA buyers of new BMW's. Not so sure this is same all over world.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #3
rolandleth
Enlisted Member
Rep

I only tried the SOS button once, but canceled the countdown

Don't think there any forms for my country, as BMW Assist isn't available here.

Also, I think the account got activated, because at one point I tried Teleservices, just to see what happens and it went through gathering data-sending data-data successfully sent. I also have an "your hotline number" in the Connected Drive section.

Germany offers 3 years of this service included. But it's also a matter of 'my country doesn't have BMW Assist, but the service got activated over there and it should be still valid'.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 04:38 PM   #4
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

It's possible that the SOS button won't work anyway cos there's no coverage in ur area as none of the mobile operators are contracted to BMW AG.
The number stored in the system should be a German call centre number, & when the car is outside of Germany it'll call that number via a roamed mobile network. I think BMW AG only has roaming agreements with countries that offers the Assist service.
Teleservice is just for sending data back to the home country, so that if anything's wrong, e.g. u're approaching ur next service appointment, then the call centre to call u to alert u of the problems.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 08:46 AM   #5
rolandleth
Enlisted Member
Rep

Soooo, that means I can't use BMW Assist here, even if I find the username and pwd?
I'd only want to use the Remote App, anyway
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #6
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandleth View Post
Soooo, that means I can't use BMW Assist here, even if I find the username and pwd?
I'd only want to use the Remote App, anyway
I think u can use some of the features but not others. Those that involves call centre probably u cannot use but those which involve data, I'm not sure.
U can always try cos it costs u nth.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #7
rolandleth
Enlisted Member
Rep

True. Problem is I don't know how to get my hands on the account's username and password, as the dealer is 't really replying back (yet, hopefully). Is there any other way? Call the local BMW? Call the personal hotline number in the car or the SOS? Email support or something like that?

Happy Holidays, everyone, btw!
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #8
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandleth View Post
True. Problem is I don't know how to get my hands on the account's username and password, as the dealer is 't really replying back (yet, hopefully). Is there any other way? Call the local BMW? Call the personal hotline number in the car or the SOS? Email support or something like that?

Happy Holidays, everyone, btw!
I think u're stuck cos I think in order to apply for an account u may need some sort of address proof & also copies of registration document. If u say u're from Romania then they'll just tell u it isn't available.
Where is ur dealer based? If it's a German dealer then very likely they won't give u the account details even they have them due to privacy laws.
I doubt they have the account details cos it's probable that the password (at least) is given by BMW directly to the owner without involving the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 03:11 AM   #9
vigalent
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 318D

Have you checked the connected drive website.

I applied for my assist login details using the form on the website and only needed the VIN number (last 7 digits).

A couple of days later I got a SMS and email with my login details.

Btw, my car was an ex demo registered to a dealer in the uk.

Have a look at

http://www.bmw.connecteddrive.info/en/features-search/tag/verfuegbar-ro.html

It details what services you can get in what countries.

Have a look here to

http://www.bmw.ro/ro/ro/insights/technology/connecteddrive/2010/index.html
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 06:20 AM   #10
rolandleth
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks, I'll have a look.

The car was previously owned by the dealer, a subsidiary of BMW AG; in the "previous owner" field on the car's brief is BMW AG. So it's not a second-hand per se.

So, if an account has been created, it was done so by the dealer, so they obviously should know the account's details

Edit: Dunno what to say about that features page, because I have a few features that don't appear to be available for Romania.

I can't find where to apply, where did you do that?

Edit2: I found the German apply form website, I applied there, gonna see what will happen. Meh.
Appreciate 0