F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Interior mirror dropping
Studio RSR

06-26-2014, 01:54 PM   #67
hsk1610
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

My mirror started drooping very slightly and mentioned it to the dealer and they said it can't be tightened and ordered a new mirror. Seems the mirror is out of stock and said it would take 3 weeks or more to receive one.

Like everyone else said, I thought it was me but parking the car in the heat for over a week at the airport convinced me the mirror was drooping and not how I was seated.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 03:43 PM   #68
dtn
Prince of Zamunda
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AW F30

I think I have this issue but can't be certain because of my continuously changing posture. Mirror feels stiff but I never used to notice a significant change in my E89 and that car was way more rigid.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 09:10 AM   #69
raceing86
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i Sport Melb. Red

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsk1610
My mirror started drooping very slightly and mentioned it to the dealer and they said it can't be tightened and ordered a new mirror. Seems the mirror is out of stock and said it would take 3 weeks or more to receive one.

Like everyone else said, I thought it was me but parking the car in the heat for over a week at the airport convinced me the mirror was drooping and not how I was seated.
I was the same way, kept thinking it was just me, I also parked at the airport and when I got back the mirror was pointed at the armrest. It was exceptionally hot that week, but winter was coming up, so I decided just to wait until the next spring/summer to deal with it.

Well, I had to leave my car at the dealership for about 3 weeks over the Christmas/New Year holiday and had a 535 M-Sport as a loaner and noticed it's mirror never drooped. I went to pick mine up, and again, the mirror was pointed at the arm rest. I asked my service advisor if that was something they would have done, he said they wouldn't have touched it and ordered me a new one.

New mirror still droops, but nothing like my old one.
Sport Line, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance Plus, Dynamic Handling, Premium Pkg, Tech Pkg, Sport Auto Trans, Active Cruise Control, Heated Front Seats, Auto High Beams, Parking Assistant, Harmon Kardon
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 01:00 PM   #70
hsk1610
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceing86 View Post
I was the same way, kept thinking it was just me, I also parked at the airport and when I got back the mirror was pointed at the armrest. It was exceptionally hot that week, but winter was coming up, so I decided just to wait until the next spring/summer to deal with it.

Well, I had to leave my car at the dealership for about 3 weeks over the Christmas/New Year holiday and had a 535 M-Sport as a loaner and noticed it's mirror never drooped. I went to pick mine up, and again, the mirror was pointed at the arm rest. I asked my service advisor if that was something they would have done, he said they wouldn't have touched it and ordered me a new one.

New mirror still droops, but nothing like my old one.
The rate at which my mirror droops is something I could actually live with. Hope I didn't make it worse by getting a replacement mirror. I have 7400 miles on the car since purchasing it new last September but having an awful lot of problems with the trim and accessories on the car. Just having to keep brining it into the dealership that is not engine/transmission or driveability issue is making me mad and also the butt of jokes in my office.
Appreciate 0