F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Rim fitment question for ya'll.
Studio RSR

01-23-2018, 11:09 PM   #1
Blackjacks
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Rim fitment question for ya'll.

So I'm looking at a set of these Giovanna Mecca rims that are used but literally look brand new for my 2012 335i.

In the add the seller said they are 20/9's with 245/35's and the rears are 20/10's with 275/30's. I asked him if he knew the offset by chance and he was not sure, but said he could find out.

He then messaged back about 20 minutes later and said both the front and rear have a 35 offset, which to me sounds a bit strange?? However I could be totally wrong as I'm not super up on all things rims and offsets.

So there's my questions, could that be possible, or would it be better to call Giovanna tomorrow and ask?

My car is is lowered on coils and tucking the stock 18's slightly with a tiny bit of rake. I just don't want to get rims that I'm going to tear up with rubbing, however the previous owner rolled the rear fenders pretty tight.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 11:44 PM   #2
alohasurftoad
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 440i gran coupe w/mppsk

those wheels look heavy... i'm speculating that the rear will rub without additional negative camber or stretching a narrower tire. you can view this thread and compare all the widths, offsets, tire size and drop.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...lammed+stanced
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 11:44 PM   #3
Blackjacks
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohasurftoad View Post
those wheels look heavy... i'm speculating that the rear will rub without additional negative camber or stretching a narrower tire. you can view this thread and compare all the widths, offsets, tire size and drop.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...lammed+stanced
Thank you so much for posting that, I was hoping to find something that gives the proper offsets for wheels to make sure I don't purchase something and then rub the hell out of them. ha ha
Appreciate 0