F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > New iDrive Navigation Professional system for F30, ActiveHybrid 3, 5 Series, 7 series
Extreme Powerhouse

10-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #287
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
I know the 335 will probably have it. im ok with that. and the e90 sport has body roll, so not sure what you mean there.

enjoy your cts, i mean ats
At least my E90 seems to have less after I came out of the F30 335i Sport test drive. Obviously non scientific.

I haven't bought an ATS so you can hold off. However I do have an F30 MSport on order for PW46. I'm just weighing my options.

Part of me wants to keep my E90 for another year or so. its been trouble free up to this point!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #288
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
At least my E90 seems to have less after I came out of the F30 335i Sport test drive. Obviously non scientific.

I haven't bought an ATS so you can hold off. However I do have an F30 MSport on order for PW46. I'm just weighing my options.

Part of me wants to keep my E90 for another year or so. its been trouble free up to this point!
Obviously.
      10-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #289
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Back to our program... So, what does everyone think about no new NAV for MY13 US F30's?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #290
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Back to our program... So, what does everyone think about no new NAV for MY13 US F30's?
I think I need more confirmation than an email from an anonymous source read to you over the phone.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 10:02 PM   #291
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

I have seen quite a few people posting from what they have heard that the new nav wont be coming this year and probably not till june next year.

Doesn't affect me since i dont use nav but it sounds cool.
      10-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #292
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
I think I need more confirmation than an email from an anonymous source read to you over the phone.
That is exactly what I said. The reply I got was "its the truth". They agreed NA does some weird stuff, including the MSport brake non-option.... They have no axe to grind since I already have a slot for PW46.

Actually, regarding the MSport brakes, the rationale I was given is the non option is due to the no charge schedule maintenance we have Stateside. The 4 caliper brakes will surely go through pads faster and NA didn't like the way the math worked out for the MSport brakes. Sounds like they figured they'd need to charge a chunk of change for the option to insure they didn't get killed on brake jobs and the end result was to just kill the option altogether. Could be bad info, but sounds plausible.

Does any other region offer scheduled maintenance like the US where everything (except tires) is covered? I checked CA and it seems the US may be alone with true full scheduled maintenance.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #293
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep

^^ Well since you have a PW46 build, you may actually get your car before the end of the year.

Not sure I follow your theory about the US non-blue M-sport brakes. The brakes that come on the US 335i have the same calipers and pads as even the $3K Performance versions. Only the rotors are different. In other words, the calipers/pads on the US M-sport are already the very best available for the F30, so maintenance shouldn't be an issue.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #294
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Not sure I follow your theory about the US non-blue M-sport brakes. The brakes that come on the US 335i have the same calipers and pads as even the $3K Performance versions. Only the rotors are different. In other words, the calipers/pads on the US M-sport are already the very best available for the F30, so maintenance shouldn't be an issue.
Includes fixed calipers as opposed to floating calipers used on US MSport and other F30s.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #295
DJHakim
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330i xDrive

Quote:
...**UPDATE**Dealer just read to me an email forwarded to them on 8/9/2012 by their BMW rep advising that US F30's will NOT get the new Nav beginning November production or at all during MY13. The email referenced misinformation that appears on several websites and advises that it is possible Europe builds will get the new Nav during MY13. It went on to reiterate that US cars will NOT get the new Nav for MY13. They read the entire email to me over the phone but would not send to me. He assured me this is an official answer from NA to all reps. The reps forwarded to dealership Management.**
Not entirely credible, as there *is* and *official* BMW press release that states F30s will get the nav update in "Autumn 2012." (see www.press.bmwgroup.com) It should not just be "possible" that Euro-builds get the update, but pretty darn definite. The release does not rule out US-spec vehicles either, thus the confusion.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #296
Il Fenomeno 415
In top form...
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i xDrive coming...

Ok so 2 different dealers in my area have confirmed that there will be an updated nav for november production. US spec
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #297
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJHakim View Post
Not entirely credible, as there *is* and *official* BMW press release that states F30s will get the nav update in "Autumn 2012." (see www.press.bmwgroup.com) It should not just be "possible" that Euro-builds get the update, but pretty darn definite. The release does not rule out US-spec vehicles either, thus the confusion.
Here's the quote from the press release from AG

"It is available at market launch for the new BMW 3 Series Touring and will be on offer for the new BMW 3 Series Sedan as from the autumn of 2012."

I'm told NA has elected not to "offer" it in the F30 for MY13. Apparently each region gets to choose.

Please believe me, I don't want to believe its not coming, but the Sales Manager said the word came directly to them from their BMW NA rep and the email was authentic from NA.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #298
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Fenomeno 415 View Post
Ok so 2 different dealers in my area have confirmed that there will be an updated nav for november production. US spec
What backup do they have it is actually coming? I'm all ears. Seriously, this not coming is seriously annoying!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #299
Il Fenomeno 415
In top form...
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i xDrive coming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Fenomeno 415 View Post
What backup do they have it is actually coming? I'm all ears. Seriously, this not coming is seriously annoying!
I've been dwelling over this issue for weeks asking around. Im going to just make an order for November build and see what happens. Worst case scenario is that the nav is the same. I dont know who their sources are but obe of the dealers who confirmed got back to me a week later after checking his source. However, a third dealer in my area said November will just change for hybrid or UK builds. I think Im putting my search to bed and just place an order for November build.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #300
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

I would bet money it's not coming, seen to many people with legit sources say so.
      10-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #301
TheObviousChild
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 Comp xDrive - '21 X3M40

I Mine as well chime in. I just placed my order this morning for a W46 build. My dealer spoke to his contact-friend in Munich who confirmed the nav update.

Like others have said though, best case is I get the updated nav; worst case, I get the current nav in a still very awesome car.

On another note, I've seen people mentioning the performance brakes. I had an opportunity while putting my order together to look at all of the M-Performance parts being offered at port. One was the black kidneys which I opted for. Others included Performance Exhaust, carbon fiber mirror covers, performance brakes (drilled rotors) and shockingly, Performance Brakes with Red Calipers! I was very surprised to see this being offered and very tempted as well, but I decided against it as it was pretty pricey. I believe it was $2,550. Not really worth it to me.

For what it's worth, I recently tracked my E90 328i with stock brakes and they handled pretty well. By the end of the day they were feeling a bit warped and soft, but my friend with an M3 was saying the same about his.

Food for thought.

I will be sure to update you all with any info I come across wrt the Nav update. Confirmation is only a month away and we can put this discussion to rest and start obsessing over the next rumors.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #302
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheObviousChild View Post
I Mine as well chime in. I just placed my order this morning for a W46 build. My dealer spoke to his contact-friend in Munich who confirmed the nav update.

Like others have said though, best case is I get the updated nav; worst case, I get the current nav in a still very awesome car.
Congratulations on your new car!

Quote:
On another note, I've seen people mentioning the performance brakes. I had an opportunity while putting my order together to look at all of the M-Performance parts being offered at port. One was the black kidneys which I opted for. Others included Performance Exhaust, carbon fiber mirror covers, performance brakes (drilled rotors) and shockingly, Performance Brakes with Red Calipers! I was very surprised to see this being offered and very tempted as well, but I decided against it as it was pretty pricey. I believe it was $2,550. Not really worth it to me.

For what it's worth, I recently tracked my E90 328i with stock brakes and they handled pretty well. By the end of the day they were feeling a bit warped and soft, but my friend with an M3 was saying the same about his.

Food for thought.
$2550 seems like a fair price, based on what I've been reading. Still, a bit pricey for the potential improvement over the stock 335 M-sport brakes.

Quote:
I will be sure to update you all with any info I come across wrt the Nav update. Confirmation is only a month away and we can put this discussion to rest and start obsessing over the next rumors.
When you say confirmation is only a month away, what kind of confirmation will you be getting? A car with PW46 may not even show up at your dealer until early January.

I will be following your updates closely. I'm wrapping up the sale of my current M3 next week and will be ready to order a 335i M-sport, via my dealer.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 05:26 PM   #303
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Food for thought.

i got the grills and exhaust for port install. if you want to do the exhasut do it now becuase they will residualize some of the exhuast(thats if you are leasing)
      10-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #304
TheObviousChild
Captain
Rep

Quote:

When you say confirmation is only a month away, what kind of confirmation will you be getting? A car with PW46 may not even show up at your dealer until early January.

I will be following your updates closely. I'm wrapping up the sale of my current M3 next week and will be ready to order a 335i M-sport, via my dealer.

Right you are...so more than a month. I'm hoping we start seeing people take pw45 deliveries in early December...so 2 months at least.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #305
TheObviousChild
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
i got the grills and exhaust for port install. if you want to do the exhasut do it now becuase they will residualize some of the exhuast(thats if you are leasing)
Damn, was wondering about that. Ultimately, the sound would be nice, but wasn't worth the price for me. Especially after I added a bunch of packages and options. I had to draw the line somewhere.

My last minute add-ons (stuff I wasn't planning on selecting when I left the house this morning) were the black kidneys and 19"s instead of 18"s.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 05:38 PM   #306
justinnum1
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Damn, was wondering about that. Ultimately, the sound would be nice, but wasn't worth the price for me. Especially after I added a bunch of packages and options. I had to draw the line somewhere.

My last minute add-ons (stuff I wasn't planning on selecting when I left the house this morning) were the black kidneys and 19"s instead of 18"s.
I hear you about drawing the line lol. you can get crazy with options. My splurge options were the exhaust.
      10-07-2012, 06:11 AM   #307
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Checking the BMW NA website for the ActiveHybrid3 as well as the MY13 3 series brochure, it says nothing about the new Nav system. Not even for the AH3.

What is NA up to?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 12:49 AM   #308
DJHakim
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330i xDrive

Quote:
Checking the BMW NA website for the ActiveHybrid3 as well as the MY13 3 series brochure, it says nothing about the new Nav system. Not even for the AH3.

What is NA up to?
..though the 5 series (F10) configurator shows an image of the new nav graphics for the nav option, and it is known that the MY13 F10 has it now. True, the ActiveH3 nav option seems to show an image of the old nav graphics. Someone will know by mid-Dec!
E90 (2009 328xi): ZCP, iDrive, BMW Assist, PDC, Alarm, Shades, SG Metal [Ret]
E90 (2006 325xi): ZSP, ZCP, iDrive, BMW Assist, PDC, CA, Xenons, Shades, CrO3 Exhaust, TiAg Metal [Ret]
Appreciate 0