F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Another Strange Question? Is there a Keyhole Cover that Can be Bought?
proTUNING Freaks

09-25-2014, 03:07 PM   #1
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i Gran Coupe (2015)

Cool Another Strange Question? Is there a Keyhole Cover that Can be Bought?

I always wondered why the Keyhole on the Driver's Side Door was not Covered, because who really uses that frequently?

On my Tiguan it is there, but under a cover.
My Ride! : 2015 428i GC (F36) - MSport, Alpine, Black Leather, MBrakes, Adaptive, Sport Seats, Hex. Alum w/Piano, HK Sound, 400m's, Comfort Acc. When I’m not Driving: https://youtube.com/shorts/ViKD_Hj5htE?feature=share
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 03:21 PM   #2
junkyjunky
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328xi Sport Line

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Rocc View Post
I always wondered why the Keyhole on the Driver's Side Door was not Covered, because who really uses that frequently?

On my Tiguan it is there, but under a cover.
Yes, but it doesn't flip open, just completely covers it. Here's an example that works on the F36: http://ind-distribution.com/ind/bran...key-hole-cover
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 03:30 PM   #3
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkyjunky View Post
Yes, but it doesn't flip open, just completely covers it. Here's an example that works on the F36: http://ind-distribution.com/ind/bran...key-hole-cover
This looks pretty good thank you. Wonder if there are any that flip open?
My Ride! : 2015 428i GC (F36) - MSport, Alpine, Black Leather, MBrakes, Adaptive, Sport Seats, Hex. Alum w/Piano, HK Sound, 400m's, Comfort Acc. When I’m not Driving: https://youtube.com/shorts/ViKD_Hj5htE?feature=share
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 11:18 PM   #4
Fronzdan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M240 xDrive

If there was a flip open one that didn't look clunky, I'd get it. The one linked kind of prevents you from getting in the car if your fob battery dies doesn't it?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 11:37 PM   #5
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzdan View Post
If there was a flip open one that didn't look clunky, I'd get it. The one linked kind of prevents you from getting in the car if your fob battery dies doesn't it?
I've never had to open a car door with a key due to a dead key fob in the 15 years I've been driving.

I bought an IND keyhole delete but never ended up installing it. You can't access the door handle and lock mechanism on the F32 like you can on the F30 due to the placement of the handle on the door. Access requires either removing quite a bit of rubber weather stripping and/or taking the door panel off, neither of which I will do for such a small mod. Besides, the small chance of having the mechanism get out of alignment as some have experienced (due to error) is an easy way to ruin your day.

Neat little mod, but the juice wasn't worth the squeeze, for me at least...
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 05:12 AM   #6
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
I've never had to open a car door with a key due to a dead key fob in the 15 years I've been driving.

I bought an IND keyhole delete but never ended up installing it. You can't access the door handle and lock mechanism on the F32 like you can on the F30 due to the placement of the handle on the door. Access requires either removing quite a bit of rubber weather stripping and/or taking the door panel off, neither of which I will do for such a small mod. Besides, the small chance of having the mechanism get out of alignment as some have experienced (due to error) is an easy way to ruin your day.

Neat little mod, but the juice wasn't worth the squeeze, for me at least...
Thanks for the heads up 😄
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 09:02 PM   #7
Mojave Spirit
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

If you do it DO NOT TOUCH THE DOOR HANDLE. If you pull it the handle pops off and you have to find an ingenious way to get back on without taking it to the dealer. Once the lock is out, theres nothing preventing you from knocking the back door handle out of the notch thing it goes in.
Appreciate 0