F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Leasing F31 - order & experiences
Extreme Powerhouse

03-19-2013, 05:05 AM   #1
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: I20 IX M60 Oxide Grey

Garage List
Leasing F31 - order & experiences

Hello all,

I'm new to the site and to the world of a 3 series - also to leasing. I've put in an order and have been told 8 weeks (about 6.5 now). What experiences do people have with the process: e.g.:
  • Have you been told dealerships where the order is with?
  • How far wrong have they been on that initial duration?
  • Any pitfalls or things to look out for in the contracts?

I've ordered an F31 330d M Sport in estoril and black leather and business media (which was cheaper than the equivalent car without any media option). I had to have 3 options at the very least: adaptive suspension, front seat heating and the auto dimming side mirrors. Shame on BMW for the latter 2 not being standard on this spec of car!

Stuff I'd have loved to order but just couldn't justify on a lease: active cruise, lighting package, tinted windows, professional media, HK.

I've ordered through Central Vehicle Leasing - of whom there has been some criticism last year, but my experience so far hasn't tallied with that. The order went through the day after I'd signed and returned the order form (about 2-3 days after I'd submitted the credit check forms). Now about 1.5 weeks later all the contracts are in place and should be coming over to me.

They've stated that they deal with the dealership and generally don't divulge the dealer details to the customer - hence one of my questions above...

Really can't wait!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Great car......you'll love it.

I'm told that there is limited slots for 3litre diesels right now, so would be surprised if you get it as soon as claimed. My order is same time as yours with June delivery being quoted.

Regarding options, everyone has their preference, but I would go viz pack and drop adaptive suspension and folding/dimming mirrors to keep to budget. The viz pack is nuts.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 09:00 AM   #3
Steve_M_Sport
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: U06 230e Active Tourer

+1 for the Vis pack. The Xenon lights look so much better than halogen even when they are turned off.

Previous : 2019 F31 340i : 2017 F31 335D M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #4
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Thanks for the input. However, the extras on the car are very much the top of my priority list.

Although I'd like the vis pack (more for the adaptive cornering/beam than for the xenons), it just wasn't worth being blasted in my eyes from the car behind. The 120d had dimming rear view but not sides and it was very uncomfortable to drive at night. The way I figure it I can leave the light pack for this lease and aim for it next time round - I've never had adaptive lights on any of my cars so won't really miss it. And xenons are just for looks after all

Adaptive is a must too - our roads aren't the worst but there's plenty of bumps and pot holes to go around and coming off the back of an Audi s line suspension I can't take chances on this car...
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 10:32 AM   #5
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Firstly, don't even think about comparing S line suspension with M Sport.......world of difference

Secondly, fair enough you haven't had xenons so standard will be fine, they indeed are....but I would say, if you value safety at night, the viz pack is a magnitude of 100 times better than halogens, and IMO safer than the chance of being dazzled from behind. Strangely, the F30 doesn't seem to be as problematic with the side view dazzling issue as other cars I've had. I don't have the dimming side view mirrors.

Previously, I have had xenons before, and thought....Meh!!! But I'll admit to being blown away by the viz pack, so much so that I think it is the number one ranking F30 option. That's saying something
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #6
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Firstly, don't even think about comparing S line suspension with M Sport.......world of difference

Secondly, fair enough you haven't had xenons so standard will be fine, they indeed are....but I would say, if you value safety at night, the viz pack is a magnitude of 100 times better than halogens, and IMO safer than the chance of being dazzled from behind. Strangely, the F30 doesn't seem to be as problematic with the side view dazzling issue as other cars I've had. I don't have the dimming side view mirrors.

Previously, I have had xenons before, and thought....Meh!!! But I'll admit to being blown away by the viz pack, so much so that I think it is the number one ranking F30 option. That's saying something
Oh man - you're working me now aren't you? I have driven cars with adaptive lights and yes - I do sometimes peek around the 60mph b road corner and wish my lights went there - also gotten confused with the beams and dazzled more than a few oncomers... But I don't think I can let go of the dimming sides - would regret it too much on each dazzle. Also would never ever hear the end of it if the car's suspension caused any issues for the wifey.

In any case - if we love the car over the next 2 years no doubt I'll be looking for a nice AUC with all the trimmings... including active cruise!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 11:29 AM   #7
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
+1,000 Vis Pack

The visibility pack isn't about looking cool (ok yes they do look cool), it's about significantly improved visibility at night particularly in poor conditions. A three hour drive down the A1 in driving rain at night was truly amazing! It's not the looking-round-corners feature so much as the way the lights pick out both sides of the road. This is the first car I've had with this option and I'd never go back to 'regular' lighting.

Trick suspension.... meh

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #8
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330e MSport

I have also recently gone down the lease scheme for the 1st time through work.

The paper work was the nightmare, in that i felt it sat in someone's to do pile for a while, and everytime i called to chase, it moved one step forward.

One point i refused to get off the phone until they gave me a date as to when the leasing company would place the order with the dealer. Surprisingly they ordered it that day!

Once the car was order 320d M Sport, was given an expected date for the end of March beginning of April by the lease company. The car was delivered on the 12th March!

I asked who the dealers were and was told (Coopers Sunderland), and thereon in I spoke only to the dealer re the status. It was much easier hearing 1st hand info.

Too early to tell re pitfalls to be honest but it's a 3 year lease with the option to buy the car at the end. The lease didn't have any initial deposit to pay and included all maintenance, insurance, road tax etc and I literally just pay for the fuel and the monthly lease. It was a no brainer for me to be honest.

Have to agree with others re the options. As a minimum if budget allows swap to Xenons so a half way house. I must admit I originally went for the xenons and after the reports on this forum and a few youtube clips changed it to Adaptives. I'm not dissapointed at all!!!

At the end of the day, it's your car, and if you're happy with the spec, go for it! You will not be dissapointed!
// /M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Coral Red Leather | M Sport Plus Pack | Media Pro Plus Pack | Active Security Pack | Adaptive LED Lights | Advanced Parking Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging| Black Performance Grill | Heated Seats | Heated Steering | Speed Limit Display

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #9
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkata View Post
..........At the end of the day, it's your car, and if you're happy with the spec, go for it! You will not be dissapointed!
Absolutely true.......however.........many people choose a spec on the say so of others. It is rare to be able to test drive every configuration.....I should know I gave it a damn good shot

First time around I ordered Adaptive suspension, partly because every manufacturer now uses it (so must be good???) and because of others accounts......after driving my adaptive car and a passive one back to back, I preferred the passive so much I have deleted it from my second order.

I understand the sentiment of the OP though I had an A4 S Line a few years ago, horrendous ride quality.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 05:13 PM   #10
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

I've leased several cars without any problems and didn't know the supplying dealer in advance of delivery. They are working with the dealers corporate sales department not retail sales and the dealers contract is with the lease company not with you.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 05:51 PM   #11
sdb123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
I've leased several cars without any problems and didn't know the supplying dealer in advance of delivery. They are working with the dealers corporate sales department not retail sales and the dealers contract is with the lease company not with you.
Spot on.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #12
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Sweet - thanks guys - good to know it's normal then...
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #13
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Right - so turns out 2 weeks in and the lease guys finally called the dealers. They have big demand with this deal so are awaiting allocations and will 'prioritise' in early april. God knows what that means....
Appreciate 0