F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > M Sport Brakes
ARMA SPEED

09-30-2020, 04:46 AM   #1
K3v_C
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F32 435d

M Sport Brakes

Hi where is the best place to buy front brake discs and pads for my F32 435d?

I really like the bells on the standard BMW brakes so any aftermarket brakes with nice bells would be ideal, I also have the blue m sport plus callipers.

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 05:10 AM   #2
SantaEugence
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 330d xDrive Auto

Check out AutoDoc lots of people go there as they normally have the best prices. What you want are the 'two piece' discs as these have the aluminium hub as per OEM and what you have now (can also tell as the pic will show the rivets on the bell).
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 06:05 AM   #3
Simon89
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330D XDrive

100% Autodoc
      09-30-2020, 06:15 AM   #4
K3v_C
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks guys! Will check Autodoc out. Any brands to go with or stay away from?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 06:41 AM   #5
Simon89
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330D XDrive

I went OEM Brembo, just make sure you know the size of your discs as the fronts are either 340/370mm
      09-30-2020, 08:12 AM   #6
gippy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 440i, pre-LCI, w/MPPSK

Zimmerman z coat is what i bought when replacing the discs, autodoc.
pads, brembo.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 08:13 AM   #7
K3v_C
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon89 View Post
I went OEM Brembo, just make sure you know the size of your discs as the fronts are either 340/370mm
Thanks mate. I'm fairly certain they are 370mm with them having the M Sport Plus Blue bigger callipers.

Any recommendations for brake pads?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 08:19 AM   #8
Alscoob
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G31 540i M Sport Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3v_C View Post
Thanks mate. I'm fairly certain they are 370mm with them having the M Sport Plus Blue bigger callipers.

Any recommendations for brake pads?
Ferrodo DS2500 but depends on how quick you want to stop

You can just go for pagid which are as good as the standards ones.

If you have 370mm discs you can use M3 / M4 pads i believe bit more bite.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 11:32 AM   #9
Fez_7
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

I recently ordered Pagid discs and pads from Car Parts 4 Less (same company as Euro Car Parts but cheaper). Delivery came in 2-3 days via DHL but it turned out I ordered the wrong parts for the front. CP4L were great though they arranged a free collection via DPD for the next day (last Friday) so I'm just waiting for a refund to be processed.

As they didn't have the fronts that I need in stock I ordered Zimmerman's from Autodoc on Friday. Their website said delivery will be 4-5 days but still no sign of dispatch so I emailed them yesterday and they have just replied:

"The order is in the process, it will be shipped as soon as possible.
The delivery from Germany to the U.K usually takes from 3-5 business days after the order dispatching."

Annoyed as I'm booked in with my garage for Friday so I was hoping to have them beforehand but no chance of that happening. I'll have to just get the rears done for now as the service warning is down to 300 miles for my rear pads and then I'll have to go back to the garage for the fronts when they finally arrive so just something to bear in mind when using Autodoc

In terms of brands I think you should be fine using anything OEM like ATE, Brembo, Jurid, Pagid/Textar, Zimmerman.
      10-01-2020, 04:26 AM   #10
K3v_C
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fez_7 View Post
I recently ordered Pagid discs and pads from Car Parts 4 Less (same company as Euro Car Parts but cheaper). Delivery came in 2-3 days via DHL but it turned out I ordered the wrong parts for the front. CP4L were great though they arranged a free collection via DPD for the next day (last Friday) so I'm just waiting for a refund to be processed.

As they didn't have the fronts that I need in stock I ordered Zimmerman's from Autodoc on Friday. Their website said delivery will be 4-5 days but still no sign of dispatch so I emailed them yesterday and they have just replied:

The delivery from Germany to the U.K usually takes from 3-5 business days after the order dispatching."

Annoyed as I'm booked in with my garage for Friday so I was hoping to have them beforehand but no chance of that happening. I'll have to just get the rears done for now as the service warning is down to 300 miles for my rear pads and then I'll have to go back to the garage for the fronts when they finally arrive so just something to bear in mind when using Autodoc

In terms of brands I think you should be fine using anything OEM like ATE, Brembo, Jurid, Pagid/Textar, Zimmerman.
Thanks for the info.

I bought my H&R lowering springs via Autodoc, the delivery was over a week however they were cheapest by a country mile so worth the wait. I have been told prior to this they are cheap but the wait time can be a 2 weeks or more.

Shame you didn't buy your stuff from Euro's as you could of taken it back to your local store and got an exchange / refund.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 02:24 PM   #11
Fez_7
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3v_C View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fez_7 View Post

Thanks for the info.

I bought my H&R lowering springs via Autodoc, the delivery was over a week however they were cheapest by a country mile so worth the wait. I have been told prior to this they are cheap but the wait time can be a 2 weeks or more.

Shame you didn't buy your stuff from Euro's as you could of taken it back to your local store and got an exchange / refund.
I was thinking CP4L would let you return to a Euro store but they dont. Them collecting the return free of charge was an even better option though.

Anyway I've had confirmation today 6 days after purchasing that my order is finally being dispatched... from Germany so will probably have to wait another full week for it to arrive