F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > A few pics as per request...
proTUNING Freaks

01-15-2013, 09:15 AM   #45
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

another vote 2 ditch the m logo here... awesome f30 otherwise

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #46
howtobeastitup96
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M Sport

take off the M badge doesn't look good
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #47
AlphaTheory
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i XDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoi View Post
Actually any exterior M badging on a non M car is frowned upon. This includes idiots who put it on the front grille, on the side, trunk, etc. M performance parts are different, since they are M inspired/a tribute to M power. However, if you put the M badge only found on M vehicles where your vehicle identification usually is (IE front grille, sides, and rear trunk), then it seems like you're claiming you are an M vehicle. It's like the difference between dressing like your favorite actor/actress, vs actually having your name on your ID be their name.
I'll have to respectfully disagree on this one. First and foremost, putting "anything" on your car that's not stock is subject to interpretation relative to taste. If we all had the same taste, life would be boring. So i say to the "M-Badge-dude"...leave that shit on...just cause everyone else doesn't like it. LOL. More importantly, YOU like it. Screw what everyone else thinks.

Secondly, M Performance parts are no different than that little badge that he put on the rear of the car. At the end of the day, WE are all getting a 3 series...with an M Sport Package (to look like an M3). Isn't that the point?

Thirdly, I hate it when people say "Oh, BMW enthusiasts OR connoisseurs will frown on that". Excuse the french, but FUCK those guys. Rules my ass. If everyone didn't have the balls to break the rules, we wouldn't have the opportunity to admire some of the hottest modded F30's out there.

Listen- taste is relative. And that's ok. Admittedly, i hate black rims on any exterior color car. But just because i feel that way, doesn't mean i'm gonna go hatin' on someone's ride. We can just agree to disagree. =)
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #48
fafs
First time Bimmer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i EBII M Sport XDrive

"We can just agree to disagree. =)"

+1. Beautiful ride, GB72. Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 09:11 AM   #49
JamesMA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

I personally like it. It's not like the OP is trying pass it off as some kind of new M335i. Tastefully done and placed well. Not it everyone I agree, so don't do it if you dont like it. Problem solved.

My car as "///M" on the brakes and exhaust tips. I am not planning on doing anything about that either.

Gone: 2018 F80 ///M3 ZCP 6 MT, 2013 F30 335i 6MT M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 06:18 PM   #50
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335rwd Dinan S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB72 View Post
Dunno thought it looked ok...
It looks retarded. Do you drive an M car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMA View Post

My car as "///M" on the brakes and exhaust tips. I am not planning on doing anything about that either.
Your car came that way. THis is like putting a nurburgring sticker on a car that was never on the nurburgring...worse actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaTheory View Post
I'll have to respectfully disagree on this one. First and foremost, putting "anything" on your car that's not stock is subject to interpretation relative to taste. If we all had the same taste, life would be boring. So i say to the "M-Badge-dude"...leave that shit on...just cause everyone else doesn't like it. LOL. More importantly, YOU like it. Screw what everyone else thinks.

Secondly, M Performance parts are no different than that little badge that he put on the rear of the car. At the end of the day, WE are all getting a 3 series...with an M Sport Package (to look like an M3). Isn't that the point?

Thirdly, I hate it when people say "Oh, BMW enthusiasts OR connoisseurs will frown on that". Excuse the french, but FUCK those guys. Rules my ass. If everyone didn't have the balls to break the rules, we wouldn't have the opportunity to admire some of the hottest modded F30's out there.

Listen- taste is relative. And that's ok. Admittedly, i hate black rims on any exterior color car. But just because i feel that way, doesn't mean i'm gonna go hatin' on someone's ride. We can just agree to disagree. =)

M badges are placed on the trunk of M cars to show the model of the car. What message does it send if you don't have an M car and put the badge where the model identifying M goes on an actual M car?

Last edited by jtuds; 04-25-2013 at 06:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #51
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

beautiful car, fuck that m badge.

Get rid of it. Burn it.

It's proposing that your car is M in some way. Sure, original M badges are alright, because BMW placed them there. But adding your own seems silly.

It would be like me replacing the GLT on my 850 with R or T5 R. It's stupid, it's pretending you're something you're not.

Appreciate 0