F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Connected Drive Renewal
proTUNING Freaks

07-20-2017, 12:00 PM   #45
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 440GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck View Post
Thanks for that ... I was asking canadian33 because he is obviously an insider and connected to the group responsible for ConnectedDrive for BMW Canada. My question was simple ... do they know that Android users have been without functionality for almost a year and is there a plan to address that in the interim. Your post is not particularly helpful.
We have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and S7. The S5 is running Android 6 and the S7 is running Android 7. Both devices have the BMW Remote app installed and it is functioning correctly.

Can you give me some more details on what isn't working?

We can look into it further.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 12:36 PM   #46
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian33 View Post
We have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and S7. The S5 is running Android 6 and the S7 is running Android 7. Both devices have the BMW Remote app installed and it is functioning correctly.

Can you give me some more details on what isn't working?

We can look into it further.
Thanks for the reply. I have a Galaxy Tab S2 and a Moto Z phone and both have the exact same issue. The app installs and runs fine and registers my vehicle without a problem. However, the moment I hit the Remote or Maps tab, the app crashes ... every time. Hence, no functionality. The issue was also present on my Blackberry Priv when it updated to Nougat.

If you look through the reviews on Play Store for the app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=us.bmw.remote) you can see many posts detailing the same problem. It is not brand dependent, nor is it specific to a particular iteration of Nougat.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 01:18 PM   #47
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I have a Galaxy Tab S2 and a Moto Z phone and both have the exact same issue. The app installs and runs fine and registers my vehicle without a problem. However, the moment I hit the Remote or Maps tab, the app crashes ... every time. Hence, no functionality. The issue was also present on my Blackberry Priv when it updated to Nougat.

If you look through the reviews on Play Store for the app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=us.bmw.remote) you can see many posts detailing the same problem. It is not brand dependent, nor is it specific to a particular iteration of Nougat.
There is a fix for that according to my team. Please try the following;

- Log out of the App
- Turn off Location Services on the device
- Turn Location Services back on to see your device and vehicle’s location

Let me know how you make out and if that fixes the issue.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 01:24 PM   #48
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
There is a fix for that according to my team. Please try the following;

- Log out of the App
- Turn off Location Services on the device
- Turn Location Services back on to see your device and vehicle’s location

Let me know how you make out and if that fixes the issue.
Awesome ... that worked. You guys should actually publish that fix somewhere ... you seem to have lots of frustrated Android users.

On another note, I see some posts of yours about changing passwords? My dealership set up a very dumb password and I'd like to change it. How do I go about it?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 01:59 PM   #49
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Awesome ... that worked. You guys should actually publish that fix somewhere ... you seem to have lots of frustrated Android users.

On another note, I see some posts of yours about changing passwords? My dealership set up a very dumb password and I'd like to change it. How do I go about it?
Glad to hear that solved your issues.

In terms of a password reset, you can send an email to remoteapp.password@bmwgroup.com

They will need the last 7 of you VIN, your ConnectedDrive username and the new password that you want to use.

Starting next month you will be able to manage your account, renew and upgrade services and perform password resets via our new ConnectedDrive online tool.

More details to come.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 02:00 PM   #50
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:

In terms of a password reset, you can send an email to remoteapp.password@bmwgroup.com

They will need the last 7 of you VIN, your ConnectedDrive username and the new password that you want to use.

Starting next month you will be able to manage your account, renew and upgrade services and perform password resets via our new ConnectedDrive online tool.

More details to come.
Awesome ... thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 06:56 PM   #51
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Why does the connected drive store not work in idrive. 2 dealers I Toronto couldn't resolve. I'm logged in (according to idrive) but when I select the connected drive store option within the bmw online option it just says error....i have 3 late model bmws and none work.
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 09:05 PM   #52
TheUltimateDrivingManiac
Freude am Fahren.
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 xDrive35i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4 View Post
Why does the connected drive store not work in idrive. 2 dealers I Toronto couldn't resolve. I'm logged in (according to idrive) but when I select the connected drive store option within the bmw online option it just says error....i have 3 late model bmws and none work.
It's not available in Canada (though present in the menu).

And one more time shows how dumb and ignorant are the dealers.
      07-25-2017, 12:42 PM   #53
PeachShooter
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328i XDrive

Quote:
When you search for a destination in the maps section of the Remote App, you will see pins on the map that correspond to the results. If you click on a pin it will pop up with the name and a blue arrow. Clicking on this will take you to a different screen where "send to vehicle" is displayed. This will send that location to your car.

Also, you can change your ConnectedDrive password. You need to send an email to remoteapp.password@bmwgroup.ca and include your VIN, current ConnectedDrive username and the new password that you want.

This is only until the new online tool is implemented.

I'm using the "BMW Remote" app on my droid - Clicking on the blue pin just brings up the option "Navigate here" which just opens up my Google Maps to navigate. No option to send it as a destination.
Am I doing something wrong?

I do not have a "Connected Drive" subscription - can't seem to justify the $700 subscription charge i just got quoted from a dealer.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 01:34 PM   #54
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachShooter View Post
I'm using the "BMW Remote" app on my droid - Clicking on the blue pin just brings up the option "Navigate here" which just opens up my Google Maps to navigate. No option to send it as a destination.
Am I doing something wrong?

I do not have a "Connected Drive" subscription - can't seem to justify the $700 subscription charge i just got quoted from a dealer.
Based on your signature, I am going to assume you are talking about a 2014 3 series. Without knowing the last 7 of the VIN and by your comment, I am also assuming you car has ConnectedDrive Essential (Teleservice and Emergency Call).

So, since your car has ConnectedDrive essential you don't have remote services and as such cannot use the remote app to communicate with or send destinations to your vehicle via the app.

Now in terms of the cost for ConnectedDrive professional it would give you Remote services for 10 years, ConnectedDrive services (Realtime traffic, weather, news and concierge services for 3 years). So there is a lot built into the package, aside from just the remote service functionality.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 08:08 PM   #55
TheUltimateDrivingManiac
Freude am Fahren.
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 xDrive35i

Garage List
Quote:
Now in terms of the cost for ConnectedDrive professional it would give you Remote services for 10 years, ConnectedDrive services (Realtime traffic, weather, news and concierge services for 3 years). So there is a lot built into the package, aside from just the remote service functionality.
How about ConnectedDrive Regular with just RTTI and Remote? I've tried Concierge several times - they are useless and, I guess, accumulate half of the costs.
      08-02-2017, 01:53 PM   #56
zerofighter
projecttechnik.com
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP

Quote:

More details to come.
Any update on the new ConnectedDrive tool? My dealer seems to be having issues setting up my ConnectedDrive since my car was ED.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 03:39 PM   #57
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerofighter View Post
Quote:

More details to come.
Any update on the new ConnectedDrive tool? My dealer seems to be having issues setting up my ConnectedDrive since my car was ED.
I think they are going to keep delaying
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2017, 10:28 AM   #58
PeachShooter
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328i XDrive

Quote:
Based on your signature, I am going to assume you are talking about a 2014 3 series. Without knowing the last 7 of the VIN and by your comment, I am also assuming you car has ConnectedDrive Essential (Teleservice and Emergency Call).

So, since your car has ConnectedDrive essential you don't have remote services and as such cannot use the remote app to communicate with or send destinations to your vehicle via the app.

Correct, I only have Essentials. This was super helpful - Thank you !
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2017, 03:49 PM   #59
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
We are currently targeting a September launch. Given that this has been a ground up development we have to fully test and retest the functionality and communication between the front and backend.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2017, 03:49 PM   #60
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvding View Post
I think they are going to keep delaying
We are currently targeting a September launch.
Lol, that is exactly what I thought was going to happen
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 08:27 AM   #61
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
We are currently targeting a September launch. Given that this has been a ground up development we have to fully test and retest the functionality and communication between the front and backend.
It is almost September...Is it going to be targeting October launch now? Lol
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 12:45 PM   #62
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Still on track to launch in September.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 08:34 PM   #63
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Still on track to launch in September.
I certainly hope so...it seems like a trend that software companies keep delaying launch
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2017, 08:16 AM   #64
Hypermile
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 328d xDrive M-S M-P

I have a 2017 with connected drive. Why don't I see facebook, internet browser or fuel prices?

Has there been reported issues with the weather app? For the past week it have been consistent, but since end of July (when I got my car) till last week the app have been working sometime and not others, it seemed that the app almost never worked in the evening or night.

Why does the split screen weather at night shows the sun but when I go to the actual app it shows a moon for night time weather?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2017, 03:50 PM   #65
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypermile View Post
I have a 2017 with connected drive. Why don't I see facebook, internet browser or fuel prices?

Has there been reported issues with the weather app? For the past week it have been consistent, but since end of July (when I got my car) till last week the app have been working sometime and not others, it seemed that the app almost never worked in the evening or night.

Why does the split screen weather at night shows the sun but when I go to the actual app it shows a moon for night time weather?
Hello

In 2015, Facebook made some changes and discontinued support of in-vehicle platforms.

Internet browser was removed from vehicles staring with My-2016 based on the poor user experience and fact that many users have a smartphone or tablet that they are able to browse and search the internet on. The internet browser had a very low utilization based on the fact that you could only use it while stationary.

In terms of the weather app, there have been issues where the back end was intermittently not available. This varied by location but would fit with the symptoms you described.

You can try to update BMW Assist by going into the ConnectedDrive menu and pressing the options button on the i-drive controller. This will ping the back end and pull back any available updates. The other thing to try is a head unit reset. This is done by pressing and holding the radio volume button for 30 seconds. The iDrive system will reboot and can help in addressing some issues.

For your last question I will need to look into that one. This may also be fixed by doing the BMW Assist update as described above.
Appreciate 1
      08-31-2017, 09:00 PM   #66
joemulder
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: bmw 535xi

Thumbs up I have been waiting for this for a while.

Sep is almost here. Let's hope we see some exciting news from BMW Canada about connected drive services and Apps.