F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Individual Audio Amp Exchangeability
proTUNING Freaks

05-11-2017, 01:32 AM   #1
Frozen Fractals
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 540i xDrive

Individual Audio Amp Exchangeability

I am in the process of retrofitting Individual Audio into my Logic 7 equipped E90 330i. I have changed the speakers (minus the sub) and am looking for an amplifier. I am looking at used ones on eBay and found many different part numbers for different vehicles. Some are for M5 or M6 and others for the X5 or X6. My question is...I know that the Individual Amp uses DIRAC DSP that's tuned for the vehicle. As such, it would make that I need to find an amp for the E90 platform. Is this correct? Or can I get any amp and then code it to the car and the amp will correctly apply the right algorithms for the chassis?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 06:41 AM   #2
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Fractals View Post
I am in the process of retrofitting Individual Audio into my Logic 7 equipped E90 330i. I have changed the speakers (minus the sub) and am looking for an amplifier. I am looking at used ones on eBay and found many different part numbers for different vehicles. Some are for M5 or M6 and others for the X5 or X6. My question is...I know that the Individual Amp uses DIRAC DSP that's tuned for the vehicle. As such, it would make that I need to find an amp for the E90 platform. Is this correct? Or can I get any amp and then code it to the car and the amp will correctly apply the right algorithms for the chassis?

Thanks!
F-series forum - suggest you post on the e-series forum instead...
      05-11-2017, 09:42 AM   #3
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Your 330i is a MY2006 model, Individual Audio was introduced in MY2008. You will need to change your VO date, code and hope that it will work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Fractals View Post

Thanks!
Appreciate 0