F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Anyone hardwire a radar detector on an F30 yet???
GetBMWParts

03-15-2013, 10:07 PM   #45
ejholt
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: SRT Viper / M3 / X6M / Raptor

K40 360i with Front & Rear Laser Diffuser going in this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #46
TheDuke83
Gator
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffd0901 View Post
Just as a follow-up to this suggestion, I also "hardwired" my Bel RX-65 from the outlet in the passenger footwell. I actually modified the Bel's cig lighter plug-in adaptor and then ran the wiring around the footwell to the door seal, up the A-pillar, and underneath the headliner (see below for some pics).

I actually chose this solution so that I didn't have to "mod" any of the vehicle wiring (tap into wires, etc.). Works great and it was pretty easy.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Jeff
I'm not very savvy at this type of stuff. Can someone help me with where to run the chord to keep it out of the footwell? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 04:04 AM   #47
AWMSPORT
1ST CLASS AWMSPORT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' 328 MSPORT

Garage List
How did you "actually modified the Bel's cig lighter plug-in adaptor", what did you do to the adapter? I have a extra old cord from the same radar but also have the 9500ix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffd0901 View Post
Just as a follow-up to this suggestion, I also "hardwired" my Bel RX-65 from the outlet in the passenger footwell. I actually modified the Bel's cig lighter plug-in adaptor and then ran the wiring around the footwell to the door seal, up the A-pillar, and underneath the headliner (see below for some pics).

I actually chose this solution so that I didn't have to "mod" any of the vehicle wiring (tap into wires, etc.). Works great and it was pretty easy.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Jeff
Appreciate 0