F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > vs. Audi RS7...driver...don't mess with them
GetBMWParts
Closed Thread

01-28-2014, 09:03 AM   #1
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

Talking vs. Audi RS7...driver...don't mess with them

Totally not what you think...but got your attention anyways... this video cracks me up...

Below is a troubling (+entertaining) video recorded in central London that shows an apparent road rage incident involving a bicyclist and a driver of a white Audi RS7.

The Audi KW13 CWA pulls into a space at traffic lights that is designated to give cyclists a head-start on motorists. One of the cyclists in the area informs the driver that he is in the bike line, and the driver speeds off.

At the next light, the cyclist confronts the person in the car and is subsequently punched in the face. He then gets back on his bike and rides away from the pugnacious person in the Audi.

This type of driver-on-bicyclist assault may happen more often than is realized — the YouTube user says she was filming it while reviewing a Sony Action Cam on her helmet — and it is a terrible way to treat a cyclist and fellow human being.

The Metro UK notes that YouTube user Jude said that she reported the assault to police, who are looking for the cyclist so that they can investigate the incident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=GfdvIfT8H5c
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 09:28 AM   #2
awarhold
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT2RS

Cyclists are meant to be punched.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 09:31 AM   #3
///mawana
Lieutenant
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by awarhold View Post
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 09:33 AM   #4
Groundpilot
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135I DCT , e92 M3 DCT, Audi A6

Hahaha. That bicyclist got exactly what he deserved. He was a typical bully that got his ass kicked. Reminds me an incident that i was involved a few years ago. Was driving my e46m3 and at the traffic light got confronted by a motocycle driver, who was telling me that i almost ran him off the road, banging with his fist on my roof and cursing at me.
My wife was in the car and screemed at me to drive off, because she knows my caracter and what i was going to do next. As difficult as it was for me, i just ignore this dude and drive off. He thought that i was scared of him and catches me at the next traffic light and continues to curse and bang on my roof. This time i did exactly what you see on that video above.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 09:43 AM   #5
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:

until they pay for using the roads here in the U.S., I will continue to hate cyclists. I hope that cities will implement a registration requirement ($ tax) for cyclists to use the streets. they're considering it in Chicago.

what really drives me nuts is that they create traffic congestion which causes pollution, yet have a smug self-righteous attitude about how they're helping the environment.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 10:08 AM   #6
awarhold
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT2RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef View Post
until they pay for using the roads here in the U.S., I will continue to hate cyclists. I hope that cities will implement a registration requirement ($ tax) for cyclists to use the streets. they're considering it in Chicago.

what really drives me nuts is that they create traffic congestion which causes pollution, yet have a smug self-righteous attitude about how they're helping the environment.
Where I live, they race through stop signs and give you the finger if you don't let them blow through the stop sign (because it is an inconvenience for them to have to slow down). They cut in front of cars, expecting drivers to stop. They don't acknowledge red lights. They will pull out in front of you to prevent you from making a legal right hand turn on a red light. Screw cyclists. The vast majority of them are urban hipster, dufus pricks. Except when I am one of them...
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 11:29 AM   #7
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

I was driving with my friend (he has a 991 C2S) in our favorite mountain roads. There was a guy coming down the mountain in the middle of the road on a bicycle. How bad do you want to get in shape that you'll ride a bike that is known to be frequented by sports cars??
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 11:44 AM   #8
dpgfunk
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 01:08 PM   #9
GreeKon
It ain't gonna suck itself
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3

Lolzzzz I loved it.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 01:47 PM   #10
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

I wonder if any bicyclists will chime in and defend the other side. So far, RS7 Driver (8), Bicyclist (0). Hahahahaha!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 02:00 PM   #11
kardboard
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 M3, 2010 135i, 2004 WRX

Garage List
2010 135i  [6.00]
2004 WRX  [8.00]
Not long ago I was driving home from work during 5 o clock traffic minding my own business, when behind me a couple cars back I can see a douche on a motor cycle cutting through and between cars on his way towards me. Thinking, okay I better get out of this pricks way, I signal and merge to my right. The next street ahead as I get to the street light to take right turn the guy on his motor cycle gets inches away from my driverside window and starts yelling. I figure, whatever, let the guy bitch. I take the turn and continue my way when I see him tailgating me. I slow down to let him pass but he continues to tailgate so I come to a crawl. Thats when he pulls up next to my window and I lower it, give him the meanest look I can and tell him to follow me to the next corner store so I can beat his ass in front of everyone. I raised up my window and drove casually to the next corner, thinking to myself how pissed I was. I pulled into the corner store but the guy instead drove passed me and flipped me off. I still get angry thinking about it.
      01-28-2014, 02:20 PM   #12
GreeKon
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kardboard View Post
Not long ago I was driving home from work during 5 o clock traffic minding my own business, when behind me a couple cars back I can see a douche on a motor cycle cutting through and between cars on his way towards me. Thinking, okay I better get out of this pricks way, I signal and merge to my right. The next street ahead as I get to the street light to take right turn the guy on his motor cycle gets inches away from my driverside window and starts yelling. I figure, whatever, let the guy bitch. I take the turn and continue my way when I see him tailgating me. I slow down to let him pass but he continues to tailgate so I come to a crawl. Thats when he pulls up next to my window and I lower it, give him the meanest look I can and tell him to follow me to the next corner store so I can beat his ass in front of everyone. I raised up my window and drove casually to the next corner, thinking to myself how pissed I was. I pulled into the corner store but the guy instead drove passed me and flipped me off. I still get angry thinking about it.
You should have grabbed onto his arm and taken him for a ride

I remember back when I had my E30, I was driving with my cousin up Walnut street in Philadelphia (back when it was 3 lanes, not 2 lanes and a bike lane) and there seemed to be heavy traffic in the left lane. I looked ahead and noticed cars leaving the left lane, one by one. Finally...it came to be my turn and I realized it was some douche taking up the whole left lane on a bicycle. I pulled up next to him doing about 15mph and rolled my window down.

Me: Sup buddy
Him: What?
Me: You mind moving over so you don't hold up traffic?
Him: Fuck you, the road is for me too.
Me: Ok.

I slowed down so that he can pull away and then steadily creeped up on him again until I got within inches of his handlebars, I pulled out my AIRHORN and at point blank range blew it right into his face. I swear to god it was the funniest thing I have ever seen. He let go of his handlebars and sideswiped a parked car, knocking the mirror off. When he finally got back on his bike...he peddled as fast as he could to catch up to me. Meanwhile...me and my cousin could barely breathe from laughing so hard. He never caught up to us, but even if he did...I would have pushed his face to the back of his head.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 02:53 PM   #13
nullrouted
Studying...
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW '13 E92 ZCP 6MT M3

Yeah I disagree with OP's take -- Clearly the cyclist thought he was tough, and wanted to start some trouble with that car's owner. The cyclist got exactly what he deserved. Although I would have probably been a little scared to open my door into his bike in that situation, wouldn't want to scratch my paint while beating someone's ass.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 02:59 PM   #14
991GT3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ford Raptor

You people are idiots. Whiney motorists that are sheltered in a 4000LB piece of metal that have no comprehension of how vulnerable cyclists are.

-2016 Macan Turbo(GF vehicle)
-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 03:00 PM   #15
nullrouted
Studying...
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW '13 E92 ZCP 6MT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 991GT3 View Post
You people are idiots. Whiney motorists that are sheltered in a 4000LB piece of metal that have no comprehension of how vulnerable cyclists are.
Sounds like a personal choice to me... and from what you're saying, a bad one at that.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 03:03 PM   #16
991GT3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullrouted View Post
Sounds like a personal choice to me... and from what you're saying, a bad one at that.
What? Being in shape versus the slobs that give bicycle riders grief?

-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 03:04 PM   #17
GreeKon
Rep

Quote:

Awww...someones feelings got hurt.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 03:05 PM   #18
991GT3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeKon View Post
Awww...someones feelings got hurt.
No. Just pointing out fools.

-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 03:08 PM   #19
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What? Being in shape versus the slobs that give bicycle riders grief?
there are bike paths that these idiots can use.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 03:12 PM   #20
the_road_less_traveled
Id rather be boating...
United_States
Rep
Drives: Baja 26 Outlaw

HOLY HELL MATE... I'm more amazed thats its not raining than anything else!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 03:31 PM   #21
991GT3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosef View Post
there are bike paths that these idiots can use.
Change the laws if you don't want to share the road. Otherwise you're just a whiner.

-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 03:38 PM   #22
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Change the laws if you don't want to share the road. Otherwise you're just a whiner.
I'd love to change the laws if I had the time. until then, I'll keep reading tragic stories about bikers being killed by cars in downtown Chicago. and it truly is tragic, but I've witnessed just how reckless many of these bikers are and their disregard for the rules of the road (if they are going to share the road, they should indeed follow the laws of them) and the competency of the average driver.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread