F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Floor Mats - which?
Extreme Powerhouse

05-05-2014, 11:59 AM   #1
Jera_Jakerz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i xDrive

Floor Mats - which?

I am in the market for some floor mats for the back seats, but I have not been having very good luck online. While I am at it I would not mind getting some nice soft ones for the front as well. Do any of you guys know of some quality floor mat websites.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 07:08 PM   #2
Jmpascual
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Competition, G05 X5 40i

Weather tech? BMW accessories?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 07:26 PM   #3
casualDIYer
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive M Sport

How dirty does the floor get? Are we talking slush or just a bit of dirt? If general dirt go bmw matts. If you have slush, salt, bmw liners. They are 100% weathertech but cheaper
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 09:41 PM   #4
TBLM235X
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 17 440i

For winter mats, you can't beat Weathertech or the BMW version liners. They provide good protection and are very easy to clean-up. However, they show the dirt quickly and are not soft and some people feel they can be a little slippery. I have and use them for the winter. They work great all year round too.

When I got my new 435, I wanted something nicer for the summer. I was looking for a quality carpet type mat that didn't show dirt and would hold up well. I ended up ordering from Cocomats and am very pleased. They are very high quality, don't show the dirt and are very heavy and don't move around at all. They also look great and you can order colors to match your interior.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 05:35 AM   #5
Exterminador
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jera_Jakerz View Post
I am in the market for some floor mats for the back seats, but I have not been having very good luck online. While I am at it I would not mind getting some nice soft ones for the front as well. Do any of you guys know of some quality floor mat websites.
You can purchase the OEM rubber mats that are great and now come by the model line of your car. I'm going to get the sports line ones now that have a red border on them. They look awesome.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 11:05 AM   #6
Jera_Jakerz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exterminador
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jera_Jakerz View Post
You can purchase the OEM rubber mats that are great and now come by the model line of your car. I'm going to get the sports line ones now that have a red border on them. They look awesome.
Oh nice red line ones for the back will look great.
JB4 Stage 2 | aFe Magnum FORCE Intake System DRY | ER Chargepipe | ER CATLESS Downpipe | ATM Intercooler | BMS 2.3 Gal Meth Inj kit | Bilstein B14 | OEM Slotted/Dimpeled front rotors | Cool Carbon brakes | Go Fast Bit DV+ | Pure Stage 2 Turbo | Pure inlet
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 11:06 AM   #7
MickAv8r
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 EBII 328ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLM435 View Post
I ended up ordering from Cocomats and am very pleased. They are very high quality, don't show the dirt and are very heavy and don't move around at all. They also look great and you can order colors to match your interior.
How do they feel? I really like the black with blue checks cocomat but are they soft like a carpet or rough like a natural fiber tends to be? Or somewhere in the middle like a berber?

2014 328ix EBII - Sport AT, Light Pkg, Blk Dakota, Moonroof, Navigation, Heated Seats, HK Audio, Driver Assist, Sport Pedals, Dinan Springs, Bilstein B8s, M-Performance BBK
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 02:26 PM   #8
TBLM235X
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 17 440i

I would say somewhere in the middle - if you feel them with your hand, you know they are natural fibers and not smooth as they are very woven and un-even close-up, so I guess they do feel kind of rough that way. But, under my feet, they just feel solid, like a raised heavy carpeted floor that is very thick. The mats themselves are very heavy, much thicker and heavier than any other carpet like mat. They don't move and look great as they don't show dirt like all other mats do (except the heel pad, but it's not bad). I have the black with the light gray dots and they are a great match for my black interior with all the silver trim.
Appreciate 0