F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Bad DME on delivery
ARMA SPEED

08-31-2013, 01:28 PM   #23
JasonX4MComp
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X4M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobster1983 View Post
That doesn't sound right to me. When I bought my custom ordered 2008 335i it was at a tiny dealer in the middle of nowhere (Louisiana). The car only had 4 miles on the odometer. 70 miles seems pretty extreme for a new, custom ordered car. I am pretty sure they have a truck that delivers their cars to them. You can always check out the other new cars they have on the lot. If their story is true, every single car should have over 70 miles.

The whole thing just doesn't sound right to me. While it would suck to wait, it may be worth it to just cancel the deal and go to another dealer.
He didnt say it was custom ordered, just brought in from another dealership. It's very possible that it was driven from one dealer to another. Some dealers might not flatbed them between dealers if its close enough.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2013, 01:41 PM   #24
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi M sport--2014 M6

I would absolutely unwind the deal if possible, and give the manger of the dealer, and bmwna a thrashing! Im very lucky to have such a great dealer that would bend over backwards for me(or anyone), it is what I have come to expect from driving these "luxury" vehicles. When I see others getting terrible treatment it aggravates me very much knowing what you are paying for these "luxuries". I think its time to get in someones ass, no homo. Let em have it OP!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2013, 04:06 PM   #25
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92er View Post
It had 70 miles on it as it had to be brought in from another location and from what I heard, had no problems during that drive. As to HOW they drove it, IDK....
The Dealership BMW sold the car to as well as the dealership they shipped it to is on the Window Sticker in the lower right.

The Date the Window Sticker was produced is printed 90 degrees in angle to the left of the Sold to address and appears to be when the car hit the port.

How far away was that Dealership from the one you purchased it from?

How long had it been since the car arrived at the port before you purchased it?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2013, 06:23 AM   #26
f30er
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85

Garage List
Since it's a long weekend, I won't hear back from anyone until Tuesday. Tuesday morning I'll see where the car stands, if it's not ready, I'll likely contact the BBB as well as unwind the deal, which I think might take quite a bit of work.

The car had 70 miles on it because it was driven from the dealership to a 3rd party leasing company with whom I worked through. Atleast I know that for that time, it drove. Just don't know how it was driven. Also, it had arrived in port ~2 weeks before I went to pick it up. I just recently moved to the Washington DC area but traveled up to NY for the car since I had already worked with this company in the past few months before I moved.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #27
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Since it's a long weekend, I won't hear back from anyone until Tuesday. Tuesday morning I'll see where the car stands, if it's not ready, I'll likely contact the BBB as well as unwind the deal, which I think might take quite a bit of work.

The car had 70 miles on it because it was driven from the dealership to a 3rd party leasing company with whom I worked through. Atleast I know that for that time, it drove. Just don't know how it was driven. Also, it had arrived in port ~2 weeks before I went to pick it up. I just recently moved to the Washington DC area but traveled up to NY for the car since I had already worked with this company in the past few months before I moved.

Ok...now we are getting a clearer picture of what happened. Correct if any is wrong.

1) You did the deal with a 3rd party leasing company - not a dealership

2) The leasing Company drove the car from the dealership

3) Your car died when you took delivery at the leasing agent's location.

4) As BMWFS did not do the deal, but a 3rd party leasing agent, most likely the leasing company purchased the car from the Dealership. The car most likely is not titled to BMWFS.

Quote:
Sadly, since I traveled out of state for the car, they denied me a loaner car. Something about their insurance not covering me if I drove out of the state or something along those lines. I've already taken it up with BMWNA, who said to talk to the dealership.
With 1-4 above, I can understand how the Dealership does not view you as the "customer" - the leasing company is their customer.

It's probably up to them to have the Dealership unwind the deal on their part before they will unwind with you.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 07:05 AM   #28
f30er
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabrich View Post
Ok...now we are getting a clearer picture of what happened. Correct if any is wrong.

1) You did the deal with a 3rd party leasing company - not a dealership

2) The leasing Company drove the car from the dealership

3) Your car died when you took delivery at the leasing agent's location.

4) As BMWFS did not do the deal, but a 3rd party leasing agent, most likely the leasing company purchased the car from the Dealership. The car most likely is not titled to BMWFS.

With 1-4 above, I can understand how the Dealership does not view you as the "customer" - the leasing company is their customer.

It's probably up to them to have the Dealership unwind the deal on their part before they will unwind with you.
Pretty much except my payments are still to BMWFS. I'll find out tomorrow what happens...
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #29
rogerdiaz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

Quote:
Friday's come and gone....still nothing.....BMWNA seriously dropped the ball here. Absolutely terrible customer service. I've surprisingly had better experiences with Comcast!!!
I have excellent customer service from dealership but the people you call at BMWNA are useless.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 03:02 PM   #30
Stoofpilot
Naval Aviator
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

In he is making payments to BMWFS then it sounds like BMWFS uses agents as well as dealerships. Interesting. Based on the issue BMW is having getting parts, I would pay a couple hundred bucks, hire a lawyer and demand a new car. He's being too nice.
      09-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #31
f30er
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Been demanding a new car but they won't do it unless they've tried to repair the part atleast once (spoke with both BMWNA & the dealership the leasing company went through). After filing a BBB complaint, BMWNA called me within 48h but they haven't done anything yet. The car is supposed to be done by this Friday. I've already contacted the NJ Dept of Consumer Affairs and they agree that this car would likely be lemon'd, but, I have to wait the required 20 days before I can file for lemon law in NJ. 20 days happens to also be this Friday.

It's been a long 2 weeks but hopefully this will be sorted out and taken care of soon....if not, well, I've got a lawyer waiting to jump in on this....

Last edited by f30er; 09-08-2013 at 07:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #32
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Been demanding a new car but they won't do it unless they've tried to repair the part atleast once (spoke with both BMWNA & the dealership the leasing company went through). After filing a BBB complaint, BMWNA called me within 48h but they haven't done anything yet. The car is supposed to be done by this Friday. I've already contacted the NJ Dept of Consumer Affairs and they agree that this car would likely be lemon'd, but, I have to wait the required 20 days before I can file for lemon law in NJ. 20 days happens to also be this Friday.

It's been a long 2 weeks but hopefully this will be sorted out and taken care of soon....if not, well, I've got a lawyer waiting to jump in on this....
They did not give you a loaner car, so you must be renting one. What did they do about your lease payments?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 11:10 PM   #33
carzaddict
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV

yeah they better reimburse you for a month AND give you some free shit.
      09-13-2013, 10:00 AM   #34
f30er
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Today is 20 days since I bought the car and it hasn't run. Yesterday, 1 day before I can file for lemon, BMW called to tell me they're going to take the car back and put me into a new one. How convenient.

Supposed to be hearing back later today about car's they've found to put me into. I'm just worried that they won't be able to find a car similarly equipped as mine was! Atleast I've got painted reflectors & grills, c/f performance spoiler, and c/f mirrors waiting in my living room for whenever my car gets home!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 07:16 AM   #35
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30er View Post
Today is 20 days since I bought the car and it hasn't run. Yesterday, 1 day before I can file for lemon, BMW called to tell me they're going to take the car back and put me into a new one. How convenient.

Supposed to be hearing back later today about car's they've found to put me into. I'm just worried that they won't be able to find a car similarly equipped as mine was! Atleast I've got painted reflectors & grills, c/f performance spoiler, and c/f mirrors waiting in my living room for whenever my car gets home!!!!

What a relief. Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 07:17 AM   #36
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja Ventureshield View Post
So sorry to hear this Z. I would demand a new car. It's just leaves such a bad taste in your mouth when from day 1 the car would not start. :-( Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Hi Raja! Do you work for BMW?
Appreciate 0