F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Pro Media package changes
Extreme Powerhouse

03-02-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330e MSport

Pro Media package changes

Just on the Configurator and the media packages now includes BMW apps which was a costed option at £130. Also a new option "Remote Services". Wonder what this is????

However noticed that Enhanced Bluetooth is now a costed option! Come on BMW get your act together
// /M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Coral Red Leather | M Sport Plus Pack | Media Pro Plus Pack | Active Security Pack | Adaptive LED Lights | Advanced Parking Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging| Black Performance Grill | Heated Seats | Heated Steering | Speed Limit Display

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 11:33 AM   #2
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by venkata View Post
Also a new option "Remote Services". Wonder what this is????
From the BMW web site...

BMW Remote Services.
A single call is all it takes.

You've locked yourself out of your vehicle or are not sure if you've locked it properly? One call to the BMW Call Centre is all it takes. Following verification of your identity, Call Centre staff can remotely lock or open the doors to your vehicle as needed - regardless of where you are.
Available exclusively in the new BMW 7 Series Sedan is a remote climate control. A pleasant temperature inside the vehicle can be set ahead of time with a brief call - before starting off on a journey. Based on the outside temperature, the vehicle determines whether the cabin should be heated or cooled.

It's actually been available on the F30 since launch last year (and on previous models as well I think). Also, if you've got the BMW Remote app you can remotely lock/unlock the car yourself (as well as flash the lights, turn the fan on and send destinations to the car's sat nav).

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #3
zorroone
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Dravit Grey G21 M340d

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkata View Post
Just on the Configurator and the media packages now includes BMW apps which was a costed option at £130. Also a new option "Remote Services". Wonder what this is????

However noticed that Enhanced Bluetooth is now a costed option! Come on BMW get your act together
The remote along with the BMW Apps will be standard with the media package from 10 March 2013 as will addition chrome highlight on the glove compartment release lever (they have really splashed out here).
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #4
s'M'ooth
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

This Remote Lock got me out of jail once, I left my keys in my car and used the feature to open the car, this was on my E92.

My F30 has the same feature, but also has the remote lights flash as well as the ability to warm the car up, not sure what it's called officially. Personally I would not have paid extra for them, but the fact they are they makes pretty cool.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #5
zorroone
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoooth View Post
This Remote Lock got me out of jail once, I left my keys in my car and used the feature to open the car, this was on my E92.

My F30 has the same feature, but also has the remote lights flash as well as the ability to warm the car up, not sure what it's called officially. Personally I would not have paid extra for them, but the fact they are they makes pretty cool.
Wasn't aware you could warm the car up. How does this work?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #6
Captain Cow Pat
Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: VO F31 330d xDrive M Sport

I thought that your could cool the car down by putting the A/C on a timer. As far as I know there is no Extended Heating on the F30/F31. I did ask. I think that this is only an option in Sweden, Norway, Canada, etc. not the UK.
      03-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #7
venkata
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330e MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Cow Pat
I thought that your could cool the car down by putting the A/C on a timer. As far as I know there is no Extended Heating on the F30/F31. I did ask. I think that this is only an option in Sweden, Norway, Canada, etc. not the UK.
I thought it was only for cooling too... Anyone confirm if using this?
// /M-Sport | Mineral Grey | Coral Red Leather | M Sport Plus Pack | Media Pro Plus Pack | Active Security Pack | Adaptive LED Lights | Advanced Parking Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless Charging| Black Performance Grill | Heated Seats | Heated Steering | Speed Limit Display

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #8
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Cow Pat View Post
Not the AC, just the fan. So zero cooling.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 01:37 PM   #9
zorroone
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Not the AC, just the fan. So zero cooling.
So no heat or cold? should have bought a Landrover Discovery lol
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #10
Banksy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

anyone know what you get with the enhanced bluetooth? it's not very clear on the configurator.

presumably you still get bluetooth by just selecting the pro nav pack but not voice control?

The ability to unlock/lock and flick headlights remotely from the ios app has always been available so I am not sure what this adds?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #11
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banksy View Post
anyone know what you get with the enhanced bluetooth? it's not very clear on the configurator.

presumably you still get bluetooth by just selecting the pro nav pack but not voice control?

The ability to unlock/lock and flick headlights remotely from the ios app has always been available so I am not sure what this adds?
Dude, I don't even think the BMW ICE designers could answer what all the options do and don't give you, the info is shocking.
Appreciate 0