F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Mysterious Leaking Tire !?!
proTUNING Freaks

07-21-2015, 07:28 PM   #1
f32guy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: f32 428i

Mysterious Leaking Tire !?!

I have been having a slow leak in one of my tires that I've replaced for about the past 6 months. Each week, I will have to pump my rear driver tire. This has been bugging me and has happened ever since I changed my OEM wheels for aftermarket and new tires. The tire itself and wheel seems to be FINE. I've brought it to three shops already, they've tested the tire and cannot find any leak whatsoever... This is very disappointing for me and was wondering if anyone know the causes for slow leaks? They filled the tire to max and did the bubble test, no bubbles whatsoever coming from the valve. Tire looks perfect, etc. I am scratching my head on this because it can leak soo slow. I fill the tire up to 40psi every week and by the end of the week my sensor reads it down to ~28-30 ,before I get the flat tire indicator that I need to fill. Anyone have any ideas on slow leaks or how I can find the culprit? Please help! It's driving me nuts and these are new wheels/tires! I don't want to resort to going back to my stock wheels,tire.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 10:18 PM   #2
ocN55
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i 6MT/ '16 M3

If it's not the tire, it has to be the wheel. There is probably a slight bend or crack on the wheel.
      07-22-2015, 07:01 PM   #3
CalCarNut
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F36 Jet Black Sport Line

Garage List
Wouldn't they spread foam around the wheel beads as well to check for leaks..and not just the valve stem/core area? Heck..you can do that...save yourself a trip
      07-26-2015, 08:26 PM   #4
bhawkdrvr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 3ThrityFizzl3

I'm with ocN55, I would have that wheel checked. I've had wheels crack in the past and it usually manifested itself as a slow leak.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2015, 11:48 AM   #5
BXL4
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by f32guy
I have been having a slow leak in one of my tires that I've replaced for about the past 6 months. Each week, I will have to pump my rear driver tire. This has been bugging me and has happened ever since I changed my OEM wheels for aftermarket and new tires. The tire itself and wheel seems to be FINE. I've brought it to three shops already, they've tested the tire and cannot find any leak whatsoever... This is very disappointing for me and was wondering if anyone know the causes for slow leaks? They filled the tire to max and did the bubble test, no bubbles whatsoever coming from the valve. Tire looks perfect, etc. I am scratching my head on this because it can leak soo slow. I fill the tire up to 40psi every week and by the end of the week my sensor reads it down to ~28-30 ,before I get the flat tire indicator that I need to fill. Anyone have any ideas on slow leaks or how I can find the culprit? Please help! It's driving me nuts and these are new wheels/tires! I don't want to resort to going back to my stock wheels,tire.
I had a leak around the TPMS/valve as delivered by Tire Rack. They sent me to the local Goodyear shop who found and fixed it N/C.
Appreciate 0