F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > LCI Standard Suspension Questions
proTUNING Freaks

10-15-2016, 12:23 AM   #23
englishguy84
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 230i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Yup. Track Package with adaptive suspension and leather.

(BTW, adaptive is usually discussed as a way to improve handling, but in reality it can also manage bad roads better than standard non-sport.)
That's what I'm going to hunt down next—this dealer didn't have an adaptive on the lot, but I'll have time this weekend to drive one at a dealer that's further afield.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2016, 12:57 AM   #24
englishguy84
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 230i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine535Msport View Post
I have a 2014 328i luxury line with the base suspension. I replaced the RunFlats with Michelin pilot super sport tires. I don't find the suspension too soft. I find it has an excellent blend of a very supple ride quality with a still agile and nimble feel for everyday driving. I personally like this setup more than M-Sport, as the 704 suspension still isn't all that amazing but you will find the ride firmer with not that much return for much better handling.

I've had MANY BMW's. Everything from the E34, E39, E60, and F10 5-series. As well as a few E46, E90 3-series. The E90 was beyond WAY too firm. Traditionally BMW's from the 80's and 90's still had a relatively soft setup with some firmness which people seem to forget. BMW's were all about balance with a great ride and capable agile handling.

With all that said, I feel my F30 pre LCI standard suspension is perfect for everyday.
Yes!

Right now, I have a C class, but I've had older BMWs that were hand me downs. E34 and E39. They didn't ride as hard as the E90 or the F30 base. Still handled beautifully. If I wanted something more on the go-kart side of the spectrum, I'd probably get a two-seater or an M235i. To me, BMW is about being able to put a smile on my face when the roads invite you to have some fun, and being able to keep me feeling reasonably cosseted and comfortable the rest of the time.

The F30 is closer in size to the old 5 series cars. I'm fine with it having a similar suspension, too.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2016, 03:40 AM   #25
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Buy a stripper 340
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2016, 06:10 AM   #26
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
Take it from a guy that owned both, the sensatec is just fine. The only reason I have leather is because I wanted red seats and stitching. The actual material feels the same.
I don't agree, sorry. They don't feel the same, they don't "breathe" or smell the same. Leather will also age better, and will take more abuse over time.

But, that wasn't my point, yeah I know sensatec is "fine".

My point was that vehicles at this price range, 45+ should have leather seats as standard option, it should not be part of additional package. Manufacturers are nickle and dimming us and we're allowing it by buying into it and saying "oh it's just like leather". I'm exaggerating a bit here , but nobody goes out to upscale store to specifically look for sensatec shoes/jacket or gloves.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2016, 07:42 AM   #27
BimmerGuyFL78
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW G30 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishguy84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine535Msport View Post
I have a 2014 328i luxury line with the base suspension. I replaced the RunFlats with Michelin pilot super sport tires. I don't find the suspension too soft. I find it has an excellent blend of a very supple ride quality with a still agile and nimble feel for everyday driving. I personally like this setup more than M-Sport, as the 704 suspension still isn't all that amazing but you will find the ride firmer with not that much return for much better handling.

I've had MANY BMW's. Everything from the E34, E39, E60, and F10 5-series. As well as a few E46, E90 3-series. The E90 was beyond WAY too firm. Traditionally BMW's from the 80's and 90's still had a relatively soft setup with some firmness which people seem to forget. BMW's were all about balance with a great ride and capable agile handling.

With all that said, I feel my F30 pre LCI standard suspension is perfect for everyday.
Yes!

Right now, I have a C class, but I've had older BMWs that were hand me downs. E34 and E39. They didn't ride as hard as the E90 or the F30 base. Still handled beautifully. If I wanted something more on the go-kart side of the spectrum, I'd probably get a two-seater or an M235i. To me, BMW is about being able to put a smile on my face when the roads invite you to have some fun, and being able to keep me feeling reasonably cosseted and comfortable the rest of the time.

The F30 is closer in size to the old 5 series cars. I'm fine with it having a similar suspension, too.
Actually my 328i pre LCi with the Standard Suspension setup and None RunFlat tires has an excellent ride quality. It is smooth, supple, handles undulations in the road with agility and a nimbleness that closely matches that of the E39. Of all of the BMW's that have come out in the last few years. The F30 standard suspension has been my favorite BMW I've had in a LONG time, including the F10 I had before it.
      10-15-2016, 01:57 PM   #28
goj
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII 340i 6-MT

Msport is a must.
BMW CCA Member #516012
2016 340i, Estoril Blue, Manual Transmission, MPE, MPBBK, HRE FF04
Instagram: @brandons340i
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2016, 12:20 PM   #29
metallicpea
Major
Rep
Drives: 320i ZSP & E46 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbb34 View Post
I don't agree, sorry. They don't feel the same, they don't "breathe" or smell the same. Leather will also age better, and will take more abuse over time.

But, that wasn't my point, yeah I know sensatec is "fine".

My point was that vehicles at this price range, 45+ should have leather seats as standard option, it should not be part of additional package. Manufacturers are nickle and dimming us and we're allowing it by buying into it and saying "oh it's just like leather". I'm exaggerating a bit here , but nobody goes out to upscale store to specifically look for sensatec shoes/jacket or gloves.
I've had both for extended periods of time. They certainly don't smell the same or feel the same, even as time goes by. I can see the comments about breathing, but I am very sensitive to temp and the sensatec is not a problem for me, although I don't drive very long times or distances all at once. 20 to 30 min commute and 1 to 1.5 hours on some weekends.

I do not agree that the leather ages better, My leatherette at 11 years looked much better than my dakota leather at 7 years. Both in color/fading and in wrinkling. The leatherette looks more like new much longer than the leather does - this may or may not be what you are looking for though.

I would love cloth if it were available in the US. Comfortable and ages well if you aren't rough on your interior, which I am not.

That being said, I would have gotten leather in mine if the color(s) I liked were available in the model I ordered. Ultimately I went with sensatec because I plan to keep this one for awhile and I could not see spending more for black leather over black sensatec and have it not hold up as well.
2016 F30 320i ZSP
2003 E46 325it ZSP 5MT

Last edited by metallicpea; 10-17-2016 at 12:30 PM..
Appreciate 0