F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Super Cheat Sheet - PDF Attached! [Updated July 1st, 2015]
Studio RSR

08-01-2017, 12:50 PM   #617
rogersmj
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M-Sport

This was the most helpful cheat sheet I've found, thank you for putting it together. I did notice some variance with my F30 -- for 2016, for example, my startup logo options didn't seem to conform to the ones you have listed -- but overall very good.

I am having one issue though...I using the Bimmercode iOS app and I can't find the NAVI_ROAD_PREVIEW option. It sounds like something I would like to enable. Even in Expert Mode, I haven't been able to find it yet...the modules as they're presented to me in the app are organized somewhat differently than the way things are grouped on this sheet. I found a bunch of other navigation related codes, but not that one. Anyone know why it might not be available to me?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 12:55 PM   #618
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogersmj View Post
I am having one issue though...I using the Bimmercode iOS app and I can't find the NAVI_ROAD_PREVIEW option. It sounds like something I would like to enable. Even in Expert Mode, I haven't been able to find it yet...the modules as they're presented to me in the app are organized somewhat differently than the way things are grouped on this sheet. I found a bunch of other navigation related codes, but not that one. Anyone know why it might not be available to me?
NAVI_ROAD_PREVIEW is only present in HU_NBT. If you have ID4++ HU_NBT2, you will not find it.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 06:10 AM   #619
Rick4345
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 WRX World Rally Blue

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogersmj View Post
This was the most helpful cheat sheet I've found, thank you for putting it together. I did notice some variance with my F30 -- for 2016, for example, my startup logo options didn't seem to conform to the ones you have listed -- but overall very good.

I believe that choice is already in the navigation system on 2016 and up.

Or is it on 2017 and up??
      08-03-2017, 04:53 PM   #620
Ze_Pedro
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

Esys problem

Hi guys.

Anyone here knows about this? Need urgent help.

I have a problem with a 2013 F20 116D, canīt read some of the CAF files

View post on imgur.com

What am I doing wrong????????
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2017, 05:24 PM   #621
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze_Pedro View Post
Hi guys.

Anyone here knows about this? Need urgent help.

I have a problem with a 2013 F20 116D, canīt read some of the CAF files

View post on imgur.com

What am I doing wrong????????
I replied to your same PM.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2017, 06:57 PM   #622
Ze_Pedro
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Yes you did Shawn. Already downloaded the files.
Tomorrow I will try again.

This guy is amazing! Always available to help!
Thank you very much.

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2017, 10:53 PM   #623
SalpacinoBMW
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post

Shawn, anyway I can get a copy of the latest program for a 2012 335i sedan. Thank you in advance
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2017, 06:24 AM   #624
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalpacinoBMW View Post
Shawn, anyway I can get a copy of the latest program for a 2012 335i sedan. Thank you in advance
PM sent.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2017, 10:06 PM   #625
RussianRob
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 428i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsifer View Post
LATEST UPDATE:
Updated to v1.7 (07/01/2015 1:30AM CST): (Download attached below, or click here)
  • Added FA Code: Sport Auto Transmission - Enable SAT for quicker and smoother shifts.
  • Added Code: ‘ICMKOD_B_SPORTINDIVIDUALISIERBAR’ - Allows Macro_fds to function. Sport Mode Configuration.
  • Added Code: ‘KOMFORT_OEFFNEN’ - Delay before activating Comfort Opening
  • Added Code: ‘C_ZSW_Aktivierunggeschwindigkeit_Funktion_low’ - Change Active Blind Spot Activation Speed.
  • Added Code: ‘NAVI_ROAD_PREVIEW’ - Enables ‘Route Info’ (Turn-By-Turn Directions)
  • Added Code: ‘EINAUSSTIEGSHILFE’ - Activates Easy Entry when entering the vehicle.
  • Added Code: ‘MEMORY_GONG’ - Enables chime when seat position successfully stored in memory
  • Added Codes: Active Sound Design Modification (Change to M3/M5/Disabled)
  • Added Codes/Section: Active Spoiler (F34 3-Series GT only)
  • Added Test Codes: ‘REGEN_SCHLIESSEN’ - Close Sunroof on Rain Detection
  • Changed Code: ‘NAVI_FLIGHT’ -> ‘ROUTE_FLIGHT’ (Updated Name)
  • Changed Description: Enhanced Bluetooth (Added difference between 6NK & 6NS)
  • Changed Description: ‘Macro_fds’ (Now working with all Head Units)
  • Changed Description: ‘TFL_Modus’ (Gave difference between Tfl_s and Drl_s)
  • Fixed Code: ‘SL021_IBA_3’ -> ‘SL21_IBA_3’
  • Fixed Code: ‘MAPPING_TAGAHRL_H2_L_OUTPUT’ -> ‘MAPPING_TAGFAHRL_H2_L_OUTPUT’
  • Fixed Code: ‘MAPPING_TAGAHRL_H2_R_OUTPUT’ -> ‘MAPPING_TAGFAHRL_H2_R_OUTPUT’
  • Fixed Description: SeatBeltReminder_SBR_Beifahrer & SeatBeltReminder_SBR_Fahrer (Was Reversed)
  • Moved Code: ‘TFL_MODUS’ to Day-Running Lights & Activate Rear Fog Lamps
  • Moved Code: ‘Daydriving_light’ to Day-Running Lights & Activate Rear Fog Lamps
  • Removed Code: ‘ASD_SOUND_OFF’ - Varied Results. Replaced with Active Sound Design Section.
  • Removed Code: ‘KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_PA’ - Unnecessary. Active in all CA cars by default.
  • Removed Code: ‘RLS_FLC_SCHWELLWERT_SATZ’ - Not found in F30, only F10.
  • Removed Code: ‘MAPPING_UNIVERSAL_6_OUTPUT’ - Unused.
  • Removed Code: ‘MAPPING_UNIVERSAL_7_OUTPUT’ - Unused.
  • Removed Code: ‘Sportschalter’ - Replaced with Sport Auto Transmission FA/VO Coding
  • Removed Code: ‘Sportschalter_alt’ - Replaced with Sport Auto Transmission FA/VO Coding
  • Verified Code: ‘KOMFORT_OEFF_HINTEN’ -> Moved to 'General Locking/Window Features & Convenience Features'
  • Verified Code: ‘KOMFORT_OEFF_SHD’ -> Moved to 'General Locking/Window Features & Convenience Features'
  • Verified Code: ‘KOMFORT_SCHL_VORNE’ -> Moved to 'General Locking/Window Features & Convenience Features'
  • Verified Code: ‘KOMFORT_SCHL_SHD’ -> Moved to 'General Locking/Window Features & Convenience Features'
*Any codes added or changed will have the function and description bolded in the cheat sheet.
**If you decide to test codes in the 'TO BE TESTED' section, please let me know your results!

Previous Versions:
v1.6 (12/23/2014 11:45AM PST):
  • Added Code: 'CLM_TIMEOUT_HK_SMO' - Change the Comfort Access trunk opening delay time.
  • Added Code: 'CLM_SMO_INDICATOR' - Turn off taillight flashing when opening trunk via Comfort Access.
  • Added Codes: Enable LIM Function. (It will change Cruise Control's 'SET' button on the steering wheel to act as the 'LIM' button)
  • Added Codes: Show Active Cruise Control iBrake Distance in HUD.
  • Verified Code: ENT_MC_VIDEO_SUPPORT -> Moved to 'Video In Motion & Playback Features' (Does not save videos to internal HD)
v1.5 (10/18/2014 5:00PM PST):
  • Added Section: 'Seat Heating Temperature Levels'
  • Added Code: (REM) 'FH_TUERAUF_STOP_MAUT' - Allows the rear windows to be rolled up while the door is opened.
  • Added Code: 'NSW_EIN_AUF_LDS_STL' - Allows Fog Lights to turn on while only parking lights are on.
  • Changed Code: 'OFF_MEMORY' -> 'MEMORY_OFF'
  • Changed Code: 'LCMKOD_B_SPORTLENKUNG' -> 'ICMKOD_B_SPORTLENKUNG'
  • Fixed: 'C_CLC_ENA' - Value and Default Value.
  • Fixed: 'JUNCTION_VIEW_HUD' - Now working. (Sometimes images/writing are messed up though.)
  • Fixed: Description in 'FRA_H_R_IS_LED/FRA_H_L_IS_LED' - May cause check engine light.
  • Fixed: Description in 'Variable Light Distribution' - No need to code FLA/KAFAS2.
  • Fixed: Description in 'General Locking/Window Features & Convenience Features' section. (Explained how some cars with MEMORY_OFF enabled may always have the A/C defaulted to Off at each startup.)
v1.4 (9/03/2014 1:45PM PST):
  • Added Section: 'INEFFECTIVE OR UNAVAILABLE CODES'
  • Added Code: 'VOL_MAX_ON' - Retain volume setting up to 100% at vehicle startup
  • Added Code: 'MEMORY_UMLUFT' - Remember Air Re-Circulation Setting from previous shutdown.
  • Changed Description: BMW Logo - '(Not working on updated cars.)'
  • Fixed: Launch Control code - Added both Function Names to Code
  • Fixed: Description in 'General Locking/Window Features & Convenience Features' section. (Explained how ASP_MAX_GESCHWINDIGKEIT_BEIKLAPPEN and ASP_GESCHWINDIGKEIT_AUTO_AUSKLAPPEN are dependent on each other.
  • Moved to Testing Codes: NAVI_AUTOZOOM - Users appear to find this unable to be selected.
  • Moved to Testing Codes: HINTERGRUND_FARBE_NACHT & HINTERGRUND_FARBE_TAG - Users unable to find these codes.
  • Moved to Unavailable Codes: FLA_AUTO_AKTIV
  • Moved to Unavailable Codes: HUD_TLC_ENABLE
  • Moved to Ineffective Codes: HVAC_POPUP codes
  • Moved to Ineffective Codes: ASD_CONFIGURATION
  • Moved to Ineffective Codes: BC_MOTORTEMP_ENABLE
  • Verified Code: ROAD_EDGE_WARNING_ENABLED -> Moved to 'Safety Features & Precautions'
v1.3 (8/17/2014 2:45PM PST):
  • Added Code: Another line of code for Auto Headlamp Sensitivity
  • Added Code: Disable Active Sound Design
  • Added Code: Changes Navigation Voice from English to British English
  • Added Code: Remove Speed Require to Watch videos on HU_NBT
  • Added Code: Removes speed requirement to read service messages on HU_NBT
  • Added Code: Removes speed requirement to read office messages on HU_NBT
  • Added Test Codes: Active Sound Design Configuration Menu
  • Added Test Codes: Active Sound Design Configuration Menu
  • Added Test Codes: Enable Speech Input for E-Mail reply or SMS reply
  • Added Test Codes: Enable Time-Stamp Display for Call Logs
v1.2 (8/17/2014 1:20PM PST):
  • Added Section: 'Heads-Up Display'
  • Added Section: 'TO BE TESTED'
  • Added Code: Threshold Speed for Activating Emergency Brake Light
  • Added Code: Reverse Gear Gong Chime Code
  • Added Code: Maximum speed the mirrors are allowed to fold
  • Added Code: Time before it auto-locks the car when no doors have been opened
  • Added Code: Number of turn signal flashes when unlocking/locking.
  • Added Code: Ringtone Type (All BMW ringtones)
  • Added 4 more codes for Headlamp washers
  • Separated Active High Beam Assistant and Variable Light Distribution in FA Codes
  • Added Test Codes: Delays between opening/closing Front, Rear, and Sunroof Windows during Comfort Opening/Closing
  • Added Test Codes: Auto High Beam Automatically On as Default (Pretty sure it won't work on F30.)
  • Added Test Codes: Toggle PDC between vertical and horizontal
  • Added Test Codes: Codes to show Climate Control on iDrive Display
  • Added Test Codes: Make Lane Departure recognize grass/curbs and light up lanes only when detected.
  • Added Test Codes: Change Steering Wheel Vibration Intensity
  • Added Test Codes: Show Engine Temperature
  • Added Test Codes: Show Lane Change and ACC Distance in Heads Up Display
v1.1 (8/6/2014 8:00PM PST):
  • Removed a duplicated Lighting Section.
  • Added LED Turn Signal Coding
  • Fixed Table of Contents and Links

Original Post:
So a while ago, I decided to make my own cheat sheet. I have kept it to myself for a while but then I shared it with a few people on the BMW forums and got really good feedback and suggestions to share it with everyone.

This is basically a compilation of all the codes I could find on forums, external sites, PMs, and other cheat sheet. I wanted to make it because I was sick of how tiny the writing was on spreadsheets and how lose and all over the place codes were. So I made it how I thought it would look the best! (In my opinion of course.) I revised it to make it coherent with everyone. So download it below

If people here end up liking it, I can continue updating it and posting it to the forums with a change log. I want to continue to add codes or missing information, so feel free to notify me if I'm missing anything.

Anyways, check it out and lemme know what you guys think!

Here's a screenshot of the Table of Contents for reference... They are clickable links in the PDF.
Thank you for this!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2017, 10:28 AM   #626
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRob View Post
Thank you for this!
Any reason you thought the need to quote the entire post rather than just hitting the appreciate button?
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2017, 09:34 PM   #627
Iv1042
Rep
Drives: 2017 x5m

Hello

When I try to set the values of SPEEDLOCK_SPEEDVALUE_MAX and SPEEDLOCK_SPEEDVALUE_MIN to FF I get attached error message "DataGroup HMI, Function SPEEDLOCK_SPEEDVALUE_MIN: Mask 11111 and value 11111111 don't fit.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2017, 09:36 PM   #628
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iv1042 View Post
Hello

When I try to set the values of SPEEDLOCK_SPEEDVALUE_MAX and SPEEDLOCK_SPEEDVALUE_MIN to FF I get attached error message "DataGroup HMI, Function SPEEDLOCK_SPEEDVALUE_MIN: Mask 11111 and value 11111111 don't fit.
That's right. FF is not possible for NBT2 EVO ID5/6. With ID5/6, you can not code VIM for unlimited speed:

HU_NBT2 => VIDEO_HANDBRAKE => nicht_aktiv
HU_NBT2 => VIDEO_FRONT_LOCKED => nicht_aktiv
HU_NBT2 => VIDEO_SPEEDLOCK_CONDITION => none
HU_NBT2 => SPEEDLOCK_CAR_STANDSTILL => none

HU_NBT2 => SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MAX => Werte = FF
HU_NBT2 => SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN => Werte = FF
HU_NBT2 => SPEEDLOCK_SPEEDVALUE_MIN => nicht_aktiv for ID4 or 1F for ID5
HU_NBT2 => SPEEDLOCK_SPEEDVALUE_MAX => nicht_aktiv for ID4 or 3F for ID5 ( 63 kmh or 39 mph)

Unlimited speed is possible via commercial solution though.

Appreciate 0
      09-21-2017, 09:20 AM   #629
b4azzy
Rep
Drives: F21 m135i

FA Codes

Hi Does anyone have the most upto date FA codes that I can update on my car ?

I am using psdata of 62.3 I have only seen how to update the gearbox ( sports transmission ) and enhance Bluetooth .

I have herd there are more FA codes that can be changed .

thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2017, 09:25 AM   #630
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4azzy View Post
Hi Does anyone have the most upto date FA codes that I can update on my car ?

I am using psdata of 62.3 I have only seen how to update the gearbox ( sports transmission ) and enhance Bluetooth .

I have herd there are more FA codes that can be changed .

thanks
They are all in FAFP files.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2017, 10:55 AM   #631
b4azzy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
They are all in FAFP files.
what would be the process then to upgrade a the chassis ?

find the FA currently on the car then find the replacement in that FAFP folder edit it then save etc.....
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2017, 11:08 AM   #632
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
what would be the process then to upgrade a the chassis ?

find the FA currently on the car then find the replacement in that FAFP folder edit it then save etc.....
Not sure what you mean by upgrade the chassis.

When you Calculate FP or activate FA, values in VO are verified against correct FAFP.

Check out my CAFD_ID's PDF. Bottom right of page 2 shows table.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2017, 04:58 PM   #633
b4azzy
Rep

Quote:
Not sure what you mean by upgrade the chassis.

When you Calculate FP or activate FA, values in VO are verified against correct FAFP.

Check out my CAFD_ID's PDF. Bottom right of page 2 shows table.
what I mean by that is example. Enhanced Bluetooth,

I went into the FA editor and changed one of the values in there and saved it activated Fa did the VO only thing and soo on.

is there one to update the chasis software and if so how do I do it ? and how do I know what to edit in FA?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2017, 05:12 PM   #634
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
what I mean by that is example. Enhanced Bluetooth,

I went into the FA editor and changed one of the values in there and saved it activated Fa did the VO only thing and soo on.

is there one to update the chasis software and if so how do I do it ? and how do I know what to edit in FA?
Chassis is vehicle designation like F36 or F15.

FA (VO) contains all information found if you were to decode VIN, such as chassis, upholstery, and factory options (eg, 6NS).

There is no FA code to magically update software/firmware. That is done with E-sys or ISTA+ through flash programming.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2017, 06:18 PM   #635
b4azzy
Rep

Quote:
Chassis is vehicle designation like F36 or F15.

FA (VO) contains all information found if you were to decode VIN, such as chassis, upholstery, and factory options (eg, 6NS).

There is no FA code to magically update software/firmware. That is done with E-sys or ISTA+ through flash programming.
OK I got it now

other than Sports transmission
enhanced Bluetooth
idrive office
High bean assist
variable light.

is there any other FA coding that I can do to update my car?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2017, 07:18 PM   #636
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
OK I got it now

other than Sports transmission
enhanced Bluetooth
idrive office
High bean assist
variable light.

is there any other FA coding that I can do to update my car?
I do not know what hardware your vehicle has, so I would have no idea what FA changes are applicable. In addition to SA codes (eg, 6NS), there are HO-worts.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2017, 03:05 AM   #637
b4azzy
Rep

Quote:
I do not know what hardware your vehicle has, so I would have no idea what FA changes are applicable. In addition to SA codes (eg, 6NS), there are HO-worts.
so would I just read my car and see what FA codes are there and how do I then check them against the new ones and how do I know what to change ?

sorry for being total stupid just want to make sure I do it correct.

thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2017, 10:08 AM   #638
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
so would I just read my car and see what FA codes are there and how do I then check them against the new ones and how do I know what to change ?

sorry for being total stupid just want to make sure I do it correct.

thanks
Unless you fit additional hardware, there is a limitation to the number of codes that can be added to VO.

You can check Order Guides, FAFP, or TM NCD / CAFD Tool for options.
Appreciate 0