F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Stop and Go function.
Studio RSR

04-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #1
Carjack
Stormtrooper
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i G20 M-Sport Portimao Blue

Stop and Go function.

Does anyone have probs with the Stop and Go function with cruise control?
My prob is that in slow moving traffic, nose to tail stuff, it Stops fine perfectly ever time, but is slow to 'Go'.

i.e leaves too greater distance from the vehicle in front before it 'go's'. I feel a bit embarrassed after two or three times of this, then I switch it off.
Rarely does it work OK
Yes, the front radar sensor is clean.
It is not a cheap 'goodie' and it is annoying that it is not reliable in its
operation.
Anyone any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #2
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Do you have it set to minimum distance?

Not sure what type of driving you are doing, but not sure it is designed for city cut and thrust type journeys.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #3
Deyvy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 M340

'Slow to go' I know what you mean, but I think that's actually how it's supposed to function.

I think it programmed to wait a bit longer to see if the car in front carries on moving away so it doesn't have to accelerate only to quickly brake to a stop soon after.

I take it you know that after the car's come to a complete stop for more than 3 seconds you have to tap the accelerator to set off?
      04-13-2013, 01:37 PM   #4
ZigmundUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: I20 IX M60 Oxide Grey

Garage List
Yes I experienced that on my dad's x5. It's annoying but tbh once you're at a complete stop 90% of the time it'll be for more than 3 seconds in which case you can give it an extra few seconds of gas...
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #5
Carjack
Stormtrooper
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i G20 M-Sport Portimao Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Do you have it set to minimum distance?

Not sure what type of driving you are doing, but not sure it is designed for city cut and thrust type journeys.
Yes, I have it set to the minimum distance. It might 'go' once, then it dose'nt and I have to press the accelerator before the car in front vanishes into the distance!
I thought the system was designed for things like hold-ups on the motorway/city with slow moving traffic up to 20 mph.
I get fed up and switch it off, pity when it's rather an expensive goody!
Tried most things so I guess I will have to take it in to the Main Dealer, perhaps when on it's first service.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #6
Zero71
👽
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deyvy View Post
I take it you know that after the car's come to a complete stop for more than 3 seconds you have to tap the accelerator to set off?
Based on the above it sounds like its behaving as designed unless your saying when you press the gas it doesn't start off again.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 11:54 AM   #7
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carjack View Post
Yes, I have it set to the minimum distance. It might 'go' once, then it dose'nt and I have to press the accelerator before the car in front vanishes into the distance!
I thought the system was designed for things like hold-ups on the motorway/city with slow moving traffic up to 20 mph.
I get fed up and switch it off, pity when it's rather an expensive goody!
Tried most things so I guess I will have to take it in to the Main Dealer, perhaps when on it's first service.
Must say, mine does start 'creeping' as soon as the car in front moves off, but as has been mentioned, if stopped for a few seconds does need the accelerator 'tap' to get it to start off again (suppose a fall asleep whilst stopped precaution?)

The irritating thing is how it behaves on tight corners like roundabouts. You soon learn to adjust to it's little quirks.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #8
10nelyboi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 - 335I

is this an add-on function or it comes with all models ? and how does it work ? this is the first time I heard about this. or did I just skip the manual too fast while reading it ????
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #9
Zero71
👽
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3MC

10 It's an expensive option.
Appreciate 0