F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Anyone has connects in the Accounting Field?
GetBMWParts

09-16-2014, 11:46 AM   #1
NOBLE MOTORCARS
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 F32 435i (ON A BOAT)

Garage List
Anyone has connects in the Accounting Field?

About to graduate this semester and was wondering if anyone had any connections in the accounting field that could possibly help me get an internship/job in the NYC/LI area.

Sorry this isn't car related.

Thanks
-Nick
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 06:18 PM   #2
-The Truth
Speed doesn't kill, reckless driving does.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 335i M-sport

I don't have any direct connections but I know quite a few people who work for Deloitte. When I asked them about a career at Deloitte they generally advise to apply online. Due to 9/11 and more severe security policies it's very difficult to get a hook into a job primarily by referral. So you should probably try applying online at Deloitte and look on USAJOBS.gov and see if you find any careers of your specialty and other search methods. Good Luck!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 06:53 PM   #3
NOBLE MOTORCARS
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 F32 435i (ON A BOAT)

Garage List
there was nothing on that site, I mean even if its a firm other then the big 4, I just would like to get my foot in the door.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 11:12 PM   #4
infinitigor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3C, 2010 E350

competition is brutal these days if you don't have top grades, were in clubs, leadership and some experience.

But it is about to busy tax season so maybe youll find something.

try applying on your school website, you're honestly looking for a job way too late. its not that easy to just get one right after you get out, takes a lot of time. In fact, its easier to get a internship / job while already in school.

Maybe go for your masters, network, go to recruiting events, information sessions and apply to internships while doing that.

GL
      09-17-2014, 04:14 AM   #5
eric135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitigor View Post
competition is brutal these days if you don't have top grades, were in clubs, leadership and some experience.

But it is about to busy tax season so maybe youll find something.

try applying on your school website, you're honestly looking for a job way too late. its not that easy to just get one right after you get out, takes a lot of time. In fact, its easier to get a internship / job while already in school.

Maybe go for your masters, network, go to recruiting events, information sessions and apply to internships while doing that.

GL

AGREED!!

so glad i'm not looking for a job now-a-days (knock on wood)
the hiring environment has drastically changed over the last 5-7 years. another words it's gotten alot tougher and stricter to go through the hiring process. competition for any type of job is at all time highs.

good luck
2008 135i
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 03:36 PM   #6
funkadesi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 435i M-Sport

A lot of of the big companies like Citi, Jp Morgan, Accenture, Deloitte, (big 4) have a thing called "Graduate program". They usually have them listed in the careers section of the website.

It's safe to assume they probably receive a ton of applications so you really have to do something stand out. Sometimes your school has a partnership with companies to pick up interns and entry-level grads.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2014, 04:42 PM   #7
Swerd430
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 F30 340XI M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkadesi View Post
A lot of of the big companies like Citi, Jp Morgan, Accenture, Deloitte, (big 4) have a thing called "Graduate program". They usually have them listed in the careers section of the website.

It's safe to assume they probably receive a ton of applications so you really have to do something stand out. Sometimes your school has a partnership with companies to pick up interns and entry-level grads.
I work for Northwestern Mutual and you can definitely get an internship/job and use it as a springboard. The people are great and the connections you will make are priceless even if the job turns out to not be your cup of tea.
Appreciate 0