F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Help with front bumper fitment!
Studio RSR

06-18-2018, 04:09 PM   #1
sweatyyeddie
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435i Xdrive

Help with front bumper fitment!

Does anybody happen to know if i can install the 435 M-Sport front bumper straight off a M-Sport 435 onto my sport line 435 for direct replacement of my current front bumper? Or will i have to buy a front bumper designed for the sport line that has the M-sport look? Please and thank you
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2018, 05:30 PM   #2
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatyyeddie View Post
Does anybody happen to know if i can install the 435 M-Sport front bumper straight off a M-Sport 435 onto my sport line 435 for direct replacement of my current front bumper? Or will i have to buy a front bumper designed for the sport line that has the M-sport look? Please and thank you
You can direct fit the MSport Bumper for the Sportsline Bumper.

However, you will need about $1000 of additional parts to replace the Sportline parts behind the Retrofitted MSports Bumper that will not work with the new MSports Bumper.

Use this link from a 3 series as an idea of SOME of the various parts needed.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1456769

Also, read PDFs here

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=930959

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 06-18-2018 at 05:40 PM..
Appreciate 1
      06-19-2018, 01:55 AM   #3
upsidedownfunnel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I think the answer you're looking for is no. There are various other components required to fit it properly, not just the bumper cover. But like IK6SPEED said, you just have to buy those supporting components and install them on your car.

If you buy one of those aftermarket kits, they come with everything you need.
Appreciate 2
      06-22-2018, 08:30 PM   #4
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

I'd never go with an aftermarket for a number of reasons, but to each their own.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2018, 09:25 PM   #5
BrettKA7
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i

I'm completely happy with the fit and finish of the aftermarket Selma/GoodGo bumper I have, but I'd recommend buying an OEM foam support (Selma has poor fitment IME), OEM carrier behind the bumper (to avoid the "base" bumper support horizontally placed in the middle of the opening on M Sport bumper) and OEM intakes/vents on either side of the lower grille as mine fail to latch closed and the two halves of each vent open up when applying pressure during a hand wash.

The bumper cover itself and the fog light surrounds look OEM, as do the headlamp washer covers. My only concerns are all related to the lower air intake opening.
Attached Images

06-22-2018, 11:53 PM   #6
upsidedownfunnel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettKA7 View Post
I'm completely happy with the fit and finish of the aftermarket Selma/GoodGo bumper I have, but I'd recommend buying an OEM foam support (Selma has poor figment IME), OEM carrier behind the bumper (to avoid the "base" bumper support horizontally placed in the middle of the opening on M Sport bumper) and OEM intakes/vents on either side of the lower grille as mine fail to latch closed and the two halves of each vent open up when applying pressure during a hand wash.

The bumper cover itself and the fog light surrounds look OEM, as do the headlamp washer covers. My only concerns are all related to the lower air intake opening.
When you say the base bumper support, are you talking about that thin metal bar going across between the fog lights? Does the M Sport version just bolt on directly? Or do you need the deformation elements as well? That was the one thing keeping me from getting those aftermarket kits. It seemed like that support was just removed completely when converting and that would eventually make the bumper sag.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2018, 12:40 AM   #7
BrettKA7
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettKA7 View Post
I'm completely happy with the fit and finish of the aftermarket Selma/GoodGo bumper I have, but I'd recommend buying an OEM foam support (Selma has poor figment IME), OEM carrier behind the bumper (to avoid the "base" bumper support horizontally placed in the middle of the opening on M Sport bumper) and OEM intakes/vents on either side of the lower grille as mine fail to latch closed and the two halves of each vent open up when applying pressure during a hand wash.

When you say the base bumper support, are you talking about that thin metal bar going across between the fog lights? Does the M Sport version just bolt on directly? Or do you need the deformation elements as well? That was the one thing keeping me from getting those aftermarket kits. It seemed like that support was just removed completely when converting and that would eventually make the bumper sag.
The metal bumper beam is still there. The foam 5mph support is replaced with a different shape, and the aftermarket one needed trimming to fit.

I circled where you will see a black plastic bar from the base bumper through the grille on the aftermarket M Sport bumper. I also attached a photo of the totally open radiator on the OEM M Sport front end. To my knowledge, you must remove the front bumper beam to swap this plastic piece out. I forget it is there unless I look for it, but YMMV.

The bumper cover is bolted below the hood, along the fenders, and under the bumper cover, so I don't expect it to sag.

My body shop deals 95% with Aston Martin, Jaguar, Land Rover, and Tesla, and they said they have never seen any aftermarket bumper near this quality. It was not as simple and straightforward an install as the bumper that originally came with the vehicle, however.
Attached Images