F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > F30 Problems / F30 Issues POLL.. Do you have any problems or NOT !!
ARMA SPEED
View Poll Results: How many Issues have you had with your F30
More than 3 issues. 120 15.42%
1 to 2 issues excl. Steering wheel Vibration 162 20.82%
Steering Wheel Vibration 46 5.91%
Very minor issues. Not worth putting up there. 146 18.77%
NO ISSUES WITH MY F30 (touchwood) 304 39.07%
Voters: 778. You may not vote on this poll

10-10-2012, 11:35 PM   #111
340driver
Enlisted Member
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F15 Xdrive35i Pure Experience

Chasis Fault with Adaptive M Suspension

Was driving around today with DEC in SPORT (Chasis only). At a traffic light stop, suddenly had this warning pop up on idrive and HUD.

"CHASIS. Drive moderately. Have car inspected at BMW Service"

Anyone know what that could mean? I have Adaptive M suspension on my car. Sadly forgot to take a picture but managed a teleservice report while message was active.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 11:54 PM   #112
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340driver View Post
Was driving around today with DEC in SPORT (Chasis only). At a traffic light stop, suddenly had this warning pop up on idrive and HUD.

Anyone know what that could mean? I have Adaptive M suspension on my car. Sadly forgot to take a picture but managed a teleservice report while message was active.
honestly, turn the car off and turn it back on. if it stays, take it in. I get false codes all the time. today i got one that said add coolant. turned the car off and it went away.
      10-10-2012, 11:57 PM   #113
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
honestly, turn the car off and turn it back on. if it stays, take it in. I get false codes all the time. today i got one that said add coolant. turned the car off and it went away.
If coolant is a little low you will get the low coolant warning when cold starting. As engine warms, coolant expands and fills overflow tank, so no warning on restart. Maybe that explains it?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 12:04 AM   #114
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
If coolant is a little low you will get the low coolant warning when cold starting. As engine warms, coolant expands and fills overflow tank, so no warning on restart. Maybe that explains it?
yea, just throwing some bull shit code. i get them often, its what happens when the car is half computer half automobile lol
      10-11-2012, 03:24 AM   #115
340driver
Enlisted Member
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F15 Xdrive35i Pure Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340driver View Post

like you said a glitch, i stopped by the BMW service centre on my way home and the system faulted a "vehicle dynamics" initialization.

quick fix of shutting off, restarting and cycling the steering wheel.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 05:42 AM   #116
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

My 2010 E90 with Nav and lots of electronic goodies (of that era) has only barked once with a warning light for a faulty passenger seat restraint. I turned off car and restarted and never saw the warning again.

Should I plan for a different experience with the F30?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 06:28 AM   #117
rocko911
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 335i Sports line

After driving for some time my steering wheel makes squeaking noise as i turn it left or right. Tried adjusting it but still makes noise. The sound comes after driving the car for some time. Anything on that?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 07:47 AM   #118
sgbk
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennut View Post
Ditto

My dealer (UK) advised me there is no fix yet. Apparently BMW aware & there will be a software update soon. Apart from that. This car (335i) is a joy to drive.

UPDATE - software fix now available I,m informed.
yeh, fixed ok now !
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #119
stubbs031
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive45e, X3 xDrive30i

Got my car 2 weeks ago. This past weekend I got a Drivetrain Malfunction error, and it went into limp mode. Drove it home, all seemed fine, and let it sit overnight. When I came out the next morning, I could barely get it into gear because the clutch was slipping so badly. SA tells me I need a new clutch (at 600 miles ) because it was defective, and now I have to wait 8-10 days for the clutch to ship from Germany - bummer .

Some good news is that apparently it is not counting toward the 1 clutch that is "included"/given with the maintenance warranty based on the mileage, etc (also the right call because I was in no way abusing the car to honor the break-in period).

It's too bad because I am absolutely in love with the car so far - I miss it already. I have a 2011 128i loaner and it doesn't even come close.

Does anyone else out there have a manual and experienced clutch failure?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 12:59 PM   #120
xinudio
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 F30 - sportline

Angry Serious problems

Hi,

I'm posting my issues cuz i'm really not happy with my f30.

My f30 is almost 4 months old, and last week suddenly my cigarette charger stopped working (so i couldn't charge gps/phone, .. anymore). No big deal i thought untill the next day suddenly i kept getting messages that my rear braking lights and indicators were broken. The weird thing is they actually did work. Then the next day, i kept getting more messages on my idrive that my lights were broken and my indicators and fog lights stopped working.

After that i came home and my trunk wasn't able to open anymore, it just kept fucking locked + my rear windows wouldn't open anymore. This is really fun if you have many stuff in your trunk at that moment. ...

I went to my garage, they said they never had seen this issue before and thaught that my central computer that manages all the electronics was acting up. They kept my car for 2 days and gave me a frigging 10 year old occasions car because their replacement cars were all taken already... (You should know it costed my 30 euros/2 days for gas, and normally with my car i tank for free with a tank-card from work ...). After 2 days i could go pick up my car, it seemed all ok, and a day after (today) i started getting messages on my idrive again about malfunctioning lights. So it seems its all starting over again.

I called my garage instantly and they asked me to bring in the car, wich means i have to take off time at work again (already lost 2 days for bringing/picking up the car) so it seems i'll probably end up getting an old 2nd hands car again, have to pay alot for gas and will be losing almost 4 day's off at work, with no garantuee it will be solved...

I'm really not happy with my new car and wished bmw did more to keep me satisfied or atleast help me better so it doesn't cost me that much of day off's at work and for the gas, because it's a production error under guarantee.

My advice is to really not buy this car of they can't get their electronics right or even get it fixed. it's really dangurous if your lights/indicators all go out when driving the highway when its dark in the winter.

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #121
DarkTrigger
Professional
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i MPPK

Only issue I really had was the ASS and break squeeling. Well, the squeeling went away, and the ASS was just reprogrammed yesterday for free. I'm happy now
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 02:10 PM   #122
DarkTrigger
Professional
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i MPPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinudio View Post
Hi,

I'm posting my issues cuz i'm really not happy with my f30.

My f30 is almost 4 months old, and last week suddenly my cigarette charger stopped working (so i couldn't charge gps/phone, .. anymore). No big deal i thought untill the next day suddenly i kept getting messages that my rear braking lights and indicators were broken. The weird thing is they actually did work. Then the next day, i kept getting more messages on my idrive that my lights were broken and my indicators and fog lights stopped working.

After that i came home and my trunk wasn't able to open anymore, it just kept fucking locked + my rear windows wouldn't open anymore. This is really fun if you have many stuff in your trunk at that moment. ...

I went to my garage, they said they never had seen this issue before and thaught that my central computer that manages all the electronics was acting up. They kept my car for 2 days and gave me a frigging 10 year old occasions car because their replacement cars were all taken already... (You should know it costed my 30 euros/2 days for gas, and normally with my car i tank for free with a tank-card from work ...). After 2 days i could go pick up my car, it seemed all ok, and a day after (today) i started getting messages on my idrive again about malfunctioning lights. So it seems its all starting over again.

I called my garage instantly and they asked me to bring in the car, wich means i have to take off time at work again (already lost 2 days for bringing/picking up the car) so it seems i'll probably end up getting an old 2nd hands car again, have to pay alot for gas and will be losing almost 4 day's off at work, with no garantuee it will be solved...

I'm really not happy with my new car and wished bmw did more to keep me satisfied or atleast help me better so it doesn't cost me that much of day off's at work and for the gas, because it's a production error under guarantee.

My advice is to really not buy this car of they can't get their electronics right or even get it fixed. it's really dangurous if your lights/indicators all go out when driving the highway when its dark in the winter.

I don't believe anyone has had that many issues this early on. I'd lemon law it if I were you.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #123
rhinosarge
TheMan
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire F30 Sedan

wiper issue.. took the dealer a whole 4 days to fix that !!

check engine. some sensor saying it was leaking but it wasnt .. car was stuck on a safe mode till then..

now that i got the car back.. the trunk doesnt open..

cars going back to the dealer on monday.

328i sport is great.. but these little issues where i have to constantly take the car back and forth is becoming a pain.. my old 09 328i never went to the dealer
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #124
PierreTT
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 335 iX

Squealing brakes
Sunroof rattles

Everything else is great
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2012, 06:15 PM   #125
vern
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 335i Sport 2006 X3

Wouldn't always come out of PARK Minor adjustment
Didn't go in and out of ECO pro when you wanted it to and some times when you were in Confort Mode it wuld go into Eco pro by its self Minor adjustment. Every else is fine. One of the best BMW's I've ever owned.
cheers
vern
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #126
GaborB
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F30 316d

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruemel View Post
I have a Steering problem if i steer, like a restant if you dont drive straigt ahead (especialy on the Autobahn with smooth steer correcions) and my steering get's replaced in about 1week.
But i dont have some Steering Wheel Vibrations
Is it like steering gets jammed at certain speeds and movements? Because I have that. Frightening. It's like your car tries to kill you...
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 05:13 AM   #127
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaborB
Quote:
Originally Posted by kruemel View Post
I have a Steering problem if i steer, like a restant if you dont drive straigt ahead (especialy on the Autobahn with smooth steer correcions) and my steering get's replaced in about 1week.
But i dont have some Steering Wheel Vibrations
Is it like steering gets jammed at certain speeds and movements? Because I have that. Frightening. It's like your car tries to kill you...
I would address that immediately!
Funny how someone else had his cig lighter die on him. Oh well there are power sources under the glove and in the rear. No other problems. Oh yeah lack of exhaust note.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 05:21 AM   #128
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

So far, two issues with my F30:
(1) Spare key fob dead.
(2) Drivers seat base leather prematurely aged.

My driver's seat base after 25 miles & 3 days and getting worse.

12-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #129
rtgirard
1-5-3-6-2-4
United_States
Rep
Drives: Awaiting 2013 335xi -

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
(2) Drivers seat base leather prematurely aged.

My driver's seat base after 25 miles & 3 days and getting worse.

http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/a...1225-00225.jpg
might you have any pics of the wear on the seat? I, too, have coral red leather... no wear issues here, but now I'm interested. I can't really tell what you mean in looking at the pic you posted.
      12-26-2012, 10:19 AM   #130
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtgirard View Post
might you have any pics of the wear on the seat? I, too, have coral red leather... no wear issues here, but now I'm interested. I can't really tell what you mean in looking at the pic you posted.
The leather has no wear. As you can see from the picture there are 2 indents. One worse than the other. This should not be there on a new car. The leather has not been properly or evenly stretched or stitched on either side of the central seam. Thought the picture would make this pretty obvious. Look also at the other pictures posted on the thread by other UK F30 drivers for further clarification.

To summarise:

The problem is that they have not stretched the leather equally on both sides of the central seam or there is a generic fault in this particular bit of the hide. Plus, the foam beneath might also not have the same packing effect on either side of the central seam. Either, any or both ways, it's faulty.

Last edited by F30AM; 12-26-2012 at 10:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 10:32 AM   #131
rtgirard
1-5-3-6-2-4
United_States
Rep
Drives: Awaiting 2013 335xi -

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
The leather has no wear. As you can see from the picture there are 2 indents. One worse than the other. This should not be there on a new car. The leather has not been properly or evenly stretched or stitched on either side of the central seam. Thought the picture would make this pretty obvious. Look also at the other pictures posted on the thread by other UK F30 drivers for further clarification.
Ok... I understand now. I've not noticed this on our car after 1700 miles. Thanks for the clarification.
      12-26-2012, 10:37 AM   #132
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

The leather they use is pretty thick and unyielding. I can sort of understand why it is so difficult to stretch proportionately on either side of the central seam. Anyway, they've stitched it longitudinally which is wrong. It should have been stitched across so that the leather has a smaller footprint and would show less deformation when a posterior, especially a bony one like mine, rests on it.