F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Jb4 vs Dinan, should I sawp?
Studio RSR

02-03-2018, 07:49 PM   #23
alohasurftoad
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 440i gran coupe w/mppsk

right now, you have big power in front of the stock cat, a nice bottleneck. imo, catless dp or high flow cat needs to come next. take care of the cel, if any, however you desire.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2018, 06:53 AM   #24
enjoythemusic
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435i Dinan Stage 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDuffy14 View Post
...that seems like pissing in the wind and burning money
Welcome to our world

How fast can you afford to go? Yes, you have SOME Dinan parts now and so things are a bit 'messy' per se. A change of upgrade strategies can cause financial setbacks in your build. Probably the hot setup right now is BM3, meth, Pure Stage 2 Turbo, upgraded fuel delivery, etc. Good news, the Dinan IC and intake are good so they're keepers. i assume you have a LSD installed already, yes, as open diff and adding that much power are probably not a good choice imho to get it to the ground.

Agree with alohasurftoad, right now the DP is your bottleneck, and a high quality catted DP will be good for whatever future build you plan (cattless too, but, well, your call there).

Steven
2014 435i M-Opt, M LSD, Dinan CAI/IC/BTurbo/Stage 4, ER TIC/CP, GFB DV+, Fabspeed HJS cat DP & Mich PS4S.

Last edited by enjoythemusic; 02-04-2018 at 06:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2018, 11:26 AM   #25
zcspec
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911/Boxster/Model Y

OP, I've had this debate with local members who I have installed go-fast parts for on multiple occasions. As many have stated, you have great potential and it's being held back by the DP. Swap that out and you'll see a bit more power. However, the Dinan piggyback is not properly tuned for the additional DP, unlike a JB4. Dinan RARELY touches anything related to emissions, such as a DP.

The other item you are missing, which plays a HUGE part on EWG cars, is the lack of an EWG controller. As it stands, the DME controls the EWG and limits it to roughly 14-15lbs of boost. Using a JB4 with the EWG cable allows you to run higher boost. Dependent on fuel and setup, you could potentially see 18-19lbs of boost. Everyone who has ran a JB4 without the EWG cable, then upgrades sees an immediate difference. My FBO RWD F30 dyno'd 392whp/371whp.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2018, 11:28 PM   #26
JDuffy14
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 335xi stage 3 DINAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcspec View Post
OP, I've had this debate with local members who I have installed go-fast parts for on multiple occasions. As many have stated, you have great potential and it's being held back by the DP. Swap that out and you'll see a bit more power. However, the Dinan piggyback is not properly tuned for the additional DP, unlike a JB4. Dinan RARELY touches anything related to emissions, such as a DP.

The other item you are missing, which plays a HUGE part on EWG cars, is the lack of an EWG controller. As it stands, the DME controls the EWG and limits it to roughly 14-15lbs of boost. Using a JB4 with the EWG cable allows you to run higher boost. Dependent on fuel and setup, you could potentially see 18-19lbs of boost. Everyone who has ran a JB4 without the EWG cable, then upgrades sees an immediate difference. My FBO RWD F30 dyno'd 392whp/371whp.
Is there anyway of adjusting my control of my EWG with my setup? is there something i can get external to the Dinan set up i have that will adjust this? that is definitely something i overlooked. Ill be swapping my stock DP for the Fabspeed high flow catted DP as soon as it arrives
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2018, 11:34 PM   #27
zcspec
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911/Boxster/Model Y

Quote:
Is there anyway of adjusting my control of my EWG with my setup? is there something i can get external to the Dinan set up i have that will adjust this? that is definitely something i overlooked. Ill be swapping my stock DP for the Fabspeed high flow catted DP as soon as it arrives
I can't say with conviction, but I do not believe Dinan offers a plug which will work. You would have to use BMS's JB4 setup exclusively.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 08:34 PM   #28
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
No I believe only the JB4 can independently control the WG with the addon EWG harness thats available.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2018, 08:55 PM   #29
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcspec View Post
I can't say with conviction, but I do not believe Dinan offers a plug which will work. You would have to use BMS's JB4 setup exclusively.
+1
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2018, 05:46 PM   #30
ceedawg
Major
Rep
Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastF30 View Post
I went cat-less on two different vehicles and just made sure the car was upto operating temperature and they always passed.... but this being a new car to me, I don't know if this is the same scenario...
When are you due for inspection? Sure would like to know if the tune can help you come clean

Last edited by ceedawg; 04-10-2018 at 06:01 PM..
Appreciate 0