F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Final BMWactivatethefuture: “How We’ll Learn To Stop Worrying And Love The Future”
ARMA SPEED

02-22-2011, 12:02 PM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Final BMWactivatethefuture: “How We’ll Learn To Stop Worrying And Love The Future”

BIMMERPOST NEWS
Final BMWactivatethefuture: “How We’ll Learn To Stop Worrying And Love The Future”
COMMENTS

Woodcliff Lake, NJ, February 22, 2011— “How We’ll Learn To Stop Worrying And Love The Future,” the fourth and final chapter of BMW Documentaries’ groundbreaking web series Wherever You Want To Go, launches today at bmwactivatethefuture.com.

In this finale, the experts are asked a simple, yet complex question: what is your dream transportation? The wide range of responses—which included everything from mono-wheeled, gyroscopically balanced vehicles, to adaptive automobiles that “breathe”, to teleportation devices—highlights the very real fact that the future of mobility will inevitably be personal.

The film posits that we are all at the forefront of a transportation revolution and that the future of mobility has not been this exciting since the transition from the horse and buggy to automobiles. This next phase of mobility will surely affect everyone including automotive owners, drivers, renters, riders and enthusiasts, and will therefore necessitate a global cooperative effort to embrace change. Individual vs. mass mobility and car ownership vs. car sharing will be among the many personal choices we will have to make in the future.

“How We’ll Learn To Stop Worrying And Love The Future” features Wired Editor-In-Chief Chris Anderson; Astronaut Buzz Aldrin; Futurist and conceptual designer for Blade Runner, Aliens and Tron, Syd Mead; Google VP Marissa Mayer; ZipCar founder Robin Chase; Treehugger.com founder Graham Hill; Ridelust.com editor-in-chief Mike Musto; Reinventing the Automobile co-author Lawrence Burns; BMW DesignWorks USA President Laurenz Shaffer; MIT Sloan Director of Automotive Professor Wai Chang; and Virgin Galactic President & CEO George Whitesides and others.

Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 01:31 PM   #2
Diver
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black '12 135i - Sold

Good luck...
      02-22-2011, 05:01 PM   #3
Schm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

The human race is doomed
      02-23-2011, 04:37 AM   #4
Leo_328i
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Roadster, E39 E36 E34 E30

As soon as that dickhead started talking about getting rid of "all the things besides the A to B" such as ownership, etc etc and then the other guy started talking about "cars like these will go away because we want to travel with our families..." I closed the video.

That documentary is absolutely disgusting. They got someone from treehugger.com to talk about cars in a BMW documentary?

Last edited by Leo_328i; 02-23-2011 at 04:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 08:55 AM   #5
Desert_Fox
Drop-Top Turbo
North Korea
Rep
Drives: 2013 991 C2S/ 2013 335is E93

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_328i View Post
As soon as that dickhead started talking about getting rid of "all the things besides the A to B" such as ownership, etc etc and then the other guy started talking about "cars like these will go away because we want to travel with our families..." I closed the video.

That documentary is absolutely disgusting. They got someone from treehugger.com to talk about cars in a BMW documentary?

+1 Why is BMW sponsoring this crap? They're an automotive corporation, and isnt the whole point to just sell cars? Not, "oh lets be green, cars are just a necessary evil so we should try to minimize that evil." What BMW should be doing is showing a video of a M3 raging across the Nurburgring at triple digit speeds, getting >10 MPG. They should show this because passion, performance, and luxury is what a BMW owner wants.. Leave the Green movement to the Prius and other econ-****boxes.
      02-24-2011, 09:10 AM   #6
IancoleTX
Dillo boxers
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Fox View Post
+1 Why is BMW sponsoring this crap? They're an automotive corporation, and isnt the whole point to just sell cars? Not, "oh lets be green, cars are just a necessary evil so we should try to minimize that evil." What BMW should be doing is showing a video of a M3 raging across the Nurburgring at triple digit speeds, getting >10 MPG. They should show this because passion, performance, and luxury is what a BMW owner wants.. Leave the Green movement to the Prius and other econ-****boxes.
Plus a billion. This is the type of shit that leads to joyless economy mobiles. WHICH IS NOT WHY WE'RE HERE.
      02-24-2011, 10:38 AM   #7
MDivPower
Private First Class
Egypt
Rep
Drives: mk4 Jetta

i could not complete watching the vid, it is making me hate the future and worry even more!!
Appreciate 0