F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > F30 Dual Stage Airbag
GetBMWParts

08-16-2022, 07:33 PM   #1
XzSantiagozX
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i X-Drive

F30 Dual Stage Airbag

Need some help bimmer fam, I bought a m-sport steering wheel and need a dual stage airbag. The one I bought came with a single stage but that obviously throws a code which I didn't know before hand. Shame on me for not researching more.

Does the one pictured look legit? If not does anybody have a site I can go to to get one? I've looked on ebay on and off but haven't found one that I feel comfortable buying.

I feel like the wiring harness on this one is a little too long but I could over analyzing. Any suggestions and feedback is welcome. Thank you guys!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-22-2022, 10:27 PM   #2
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Cs Lamborghini Huracan

That’s the proper wiring for a dual stage airbag. However most online (and eBay) Airbags are counterfeit, rebuilt, single stage or recalled Takata Airbags that were no destroyed as they were supposed to be.

The airbag is the one thing you do not look to try and save money on.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2022, 11:06 PM   #3
dangerus_car
Banned
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by YASBBYM3 View Post
However most online (and eBay) Airbags are counterfeit, rebuilt, single stage or recalled Takata Airbags that were no destroyed as they were supposed to be.
How can you tell if an airbag is one of the above conditions? Well, single stage, i know, just a single connector, but how about counterfeit, rebuilt, or recalled ones?
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2022, 11:31 PM   #4
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Cs Lamborghini Huracan

You can’t. That’s why so many BMW Discount Part places stopped selling Airbags. Even any BMW Dealers quit selling them for a while. There is no pubic database of which BMWs VINs had their airbags swapped out on recall. Or serial numbers that are bad. Or counterfeit. It’s one giant mess and that’s why I will only buy from a BMW Dealer now or someone that has had their car since new and can show airbag swapped in recall.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2022, 11:43 PM   #5
dangerus_car
Banned
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by YASBBYM3 View Post
You can’t. That’s why so many BMW Discount Part places stopped selling Airbags. Even any BMW Dealers quit selling them for a while. There is no pubic database of which BMWs VINs had their airbags swapped out on recall. Or serial numbers that are bad. Or counterfeit. It’s one giant mess and that’s why I will only buy from a BMW Dealer now or someone that has had their car since new and can show airbag swapped in recall.
Do you know how much is the airbag from BMW AD? When i google the part number, the price ranges from 200-1000$. Thanks.
Appreciate 0