F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > High mileage leasing
Studio RSR

03-04-2015, 05:50 PM   #1
pugxs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 330ci Sport

High mileage leasing

Evening all!

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere before but I've read so many threads on a multitude of boards that I am now thoroughly confused!!

I have recently been presented with a promotion opportunity that will result in me spending more time in our regional headquarters (230mile round trip). This is expected to be twice per week and the mileage will be business miles.

As a sweetener I have been offered a car allowance of £7,000 per year. This has come at a good time as I was thinking about trading my current car in (07 E92 330i M sport with 95k on the clock) and figured I could use the money to pay for a PCP deal through BMW select. However reading various forums it would appear that perhaps leasing is a better option for me as I don't intend to keep the car past 3 years and would like to swap for a newer model every time.

Can somebody confirm that this is the most sensible approach? I have only ever bought cars with cash and really don't know what I am doing with PCP or leasing.

By my calcs I would have £320 pcm after deductions but I am happy to make this up to £450pcm for the right car. I would love a 430d sport - is this unrealistic?

My mileage is likely to be high, with at least 22k pa on business miles and an additional 10k pa for personal use.

I can claim running costs for the business miles at 21p per mile.

I am happy to use my existing car as a deposit or equally have access to the wife's car to allow me to sell it and just use part of the cash.

Please could someone help me understand what would be a reasonable financing strategy as I have no knowledge of these sort of arrangements!!

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.
Appreciate 0