F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Thoughts and Questions on my first BMW
ARMA SPEED

06-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
CESIUM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '18 X30i Msport, Carbon/Oyster

Thoughts and Questions on my first BMW

First off I have to say I love this machine. I loved negotiating a pretty sweet deal for its and am completely happy. I just have some thoughts/questions if you can help out that would be great.

Is there really no storage inside this car? I get an astray and 2 cup holders??

Is there no way to navigate from the radio to my music collection or an external device to just browse? For example I am listening to the radio and and I want to sue up a song.. The way it works now, I will have "radio silence" for the 5-10 seconds it takes for me to navigate from through the audio menu to my desired track. Is this my penalty for not getting BMW apps??

Can I really not get BMW apps after the fact? This is what my dealer told me.

If I hold the unlock key to open all the windows is there no way to remotely do them back up? Did I read somewhere that this was on purpose that it was a safety feature???

The other day I had my laptop (15" MBP, pretty light) on the passenger seat and the "chime" kept chirping to inform my passenger, my laptop, to put his seatbelt on… Annoying, anyone else experience this?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 02:41 PM   #2
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESIUM View Post
First off I have to say I love this machine. I loved negotiating a pretty sweet deal for its and am completely happy. I just have some thoughts/questions if you can help out that would be great.

Is there no way to navigate from the radio to my music collection or an external device to just browse? For example I am listening to the radio and and I want to sue up a song.. The way it works now, I will have "radio silence" for the 5-10 seconds it takes for me to navigate from through the audio menu to my desired track. Is this my penalty for not getting BMW apps??

If I hold the unlock key to open all the windows is there no way to remotely do them back up? Did I read somewhere that this was on purpose that it was a safety feature???

The other day I had my laptop (15" MBP, pretty light) on the passenger seat and the "chime" kept chirping to inform my passenger, my laptop, to put his seatbelt on… Annoying, anyone else experience this?
The laptop part is really funny.

I havent picked up my car yet so cant comment on anything. Have fun man!!!
      06-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #3
shabadoo25
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i Sport Line F30

And some minimal space in the arm rest, glove box.

Quote:
Don't think Apps has anything to do with this.

Quote:
Probably doable, just not through BMW.

Quote:
Don't know on this one.

Quote:
Yep, in my 2008 335i. You have to latch the passenger seat belt to avoid.

As a general rule, all German cars have odd little quirks that I'm guessing are "half a loaf" solutions to make drivers all over the world happy. The average Hyundai is a lot more American user friendly--big cupholders, big trunk, lots of storage, etc., etc.
2012 328i Sedan Alpine White Dakota Grey/Brushed Aluminum/Black High Gloss Premium Premium Sound Technology STEPTRONIC Heated Fronts BMW Apps BMW Assist w/Enhanced Bluetooth and USB Park Distance Control Rear View Camera Xenons
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
Carnook
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESIUM View Post
A woman in Canada died recently when she got in a car accident and her MacBook hit her in the head. So maybe think about buckling up your MacBook
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 03:06 PM   #5
ric124
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 BSM MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
There is storage more than enough for me but not sure how much you need.
  • Glovebox
  • in the doors
  • storage left of steering

two Oakleys
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 06:10 AM   #6
CESIUM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '18 X30i Msport, Carbon/Oyster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ric124
There is storage more than enough for me but not sure how much you need.
  • Glovebox
  • in the doors
  • storage left of steering

two Oakleys
This storage beside the wheel is all I want, that woukd help greatly. I just have cup holders and glove box. in my car it does not exist!! (Canadian, is that why??)
Appreciate 0