F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > HELP: Squeaking noise when deccelerating, breaking
proTUNING Freaks

02-15-2016, 06:32 AM   #1
mjomaa
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i M sport F30

HELP: Squeaking noise when deccelerating, breaking

Hi guys, would seriously appreciate a bunch of suggestions on what this possibly could be before I to the stealer so they don't try and milk my wallet.

Just had my wheel hub and bearing changed on my passenger side rear wheel. and I've been noticing a light squeaking (almost like a bird churping) as I'm deccelerating or on the breaks. Sound is mostly noticeable between 0-10mph on breaks. I think it's getting louder by day.

If I could explain it in words; squesquesquesquesquesquesquesque-stop(as the car does) quite fast, high pitched however does slow down as I do.

2015 BMW f30 m sport
4,000kms on the car mostly light/medium driving rarely drive it hard

Hope you guys can help a brother in serious distress out
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 07:58 PM   #2
WP7778
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 BMW 335i

get some CRC Disk Brake Quiet to eliminate the noise. just got it put on my brake pads last week and worked like a charm, all noise has thus been eliminated!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 08:20 PM   #3
mjomaa
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i M sport F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by WP7778 View Post
get some CRC Disk Brake Quiet to eliminate the noise. just got it put on my brake pads last week and worked like a charm, all noise has thus been eliminated!

Was your car making a similar sound? How sure are you this will fix it? Looking into testing it out...

Any other input would be really helpful if someone else could please comment
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 10:13 PM   #4
WP7778
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 BMW 335i

well if you say the noises are caused by deceleration between 0-10mph when applying your brakes, its more likely because of your brake pads. The oem brake pads are a lot more stiffer and brake harshly compared to other brands. I got this info from a lot of searches throughout this forum as lots of ppl had the same problem.

If you go to the dealership, they will all say its supposed to be that way...which I don't believe. I tried going 3+ times and they never fixed the issue other than cleaning it up from the brake dust. After the CRC was applied last week, all was good. Give it a try, its not that expensive
Appreciate 0