F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Opinions on "BMW Presence Protection Plus" plan?
Studio RSR

09-18-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
lematt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i X-Drive, Sport

Opinions on "BMW Presence Protection Plus" plan?

Hi Everyone,

I just got my car yesterday after 8 weeks of loooong wait I'm super happy so far and will post photos soon.

During my lease signing, the dealer suggested the "BMW Presence Protection Plus" plan to me... you can read more about it there and there. Here's the price break down:
  • $65/month for tire and wheel, paintless dent repair, and windshield protection.
  • $46/month for tire and wheel, paintless dent repair.
  • $35/month for repairs or replaces tire and wheel due to damage from road hazards.
  • $14/month for paintless dent repair of minor dents and door dings

Considering I have a fairly good insurance on the car, I am wondering if any of these actually make sense to purchase? There's no deductible and you can go to any BMW for the repair vs. deductible from my insurance, but I'm really wondering if it's useful... what do you guys think?
I haven't had a car in years so I'm new to all this

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 09:37 PM   #2
EnerJi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 BMW 335i M-Sport EB-II

Quote:
Originally Posted by lematt View Post
Hi Everyone,

I just got my car yesterday after 8 weeks of loooong wait I'm super happy so far and will post photos soon.

During my lease signing, the dealer suggested the "BMW Presence Protection Plus" plan to me... you can read more about it there and there. Here's the price break down:
  • $65/month for tire and wheel, paintless dent repair, and windshield protection.
  • $46/month for tire and wheel, paintless dent repair.
  • $35/month for repairs or replaces tire and wheel due to damage from road hazards.
  • $14/month for paintless dent repair of minor dents and door dings

Considering I have a fairly good insurance on the car, I am wondering if any of these actually make sense to purchase? There's no deductible and you can go to any BMW for the repair vs. deductible from my insurance, but I'm really wondering if it's useful... what do you guys think?
I haven't had a car in years so I'm new to all this

Thanks!

Add-on warranties of all kinds are typically pure profit for the seller. Pure profit = bad deal for you. I would stay away.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 11:21 PM   #3
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

how many months- if you are leasing for 36 months, the cost of a rain-sensing windshield will be less than $701 ($19 monthly premium over the next lowest * 36) by about $50-100
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 05:01 AM   #4
lematt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i X-Drive, Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46M54325Ci
how many months- if you are leasing for 36 months, the cost of a rain-sensing windshield will be less than $701 ($19 monthly premium over the next lowest * 36) by about $50-100
36 months yes!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 06:22 AM   #5
EnerJi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 BMW 335i M-Sport EB-II

Quote:
Originally Posted by lematt View Post
36 months yes!
Windshields are also often covered by your insurance at a reduced (or sometimes $0) deductible.
Appreciate 0