F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Three levels of sat nav
proTUNING Freaks

01-20-2013, 08:08 AM   #1
oop north
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Subaru Outback 3.0R

Three levels of sat nav

Anyone else spotted the configurator now has three levels of sat nav - business about £1k, business plus £1.5k (old business) and pro £2k? Unless on a tight budget, the old business didn't seem worth saving £500 but for £1k saving maybe it's a decent alternative?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #2
Redbaron1973
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 and G02 X4

Only 2 showing on configurator in the UK?

__________________________________________________ ________________

G02 X4 MSport X - Carbon Black w Black / Comfort Pack / Tech Pack / Privacy
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #3
Redbaron1973
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 and G02 X4

or is it trim level dependent? I only looked at Msport

__________________________________________________ ________________

G02 X4 MSport X - Carbon Black w Black / Comfort Pack / Tech Pack / Privacy
Appreciate 1
      01-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #4
zofinger
Major
England
Rep
Drives: F30 335d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbaron1973 View Post
Only 2 showing on configurator in the UK?
+1
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 10:08 AM   #5
Captain Cow Pat
Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: VO F31 330d xDrive M Sport

I looked under 330d M sport Xdrive and it did show 3. It didn't say which size screen each version has!!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #6
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Shows 3 for a 330d M Sport

Media Package Business -

Navigation system-BMW Business Advanced, includes hands-free system with USB port, Professional Radio, CD drive, iDrive controller, functional bookmarks, fixed 6.5" display, 2D map or combined arrow and map display (available in conjunction with Media package, BMW Business Advanced).

Media Package Business Plus -

Navigation system-BMW Business Advanced, includes hands-free system with USB port, Professional Radio, CD drive, iDrive controller, functional bookmarks, fixed 6.5" display, 2D map or combined arrow and map display (available in conjunction with Media package, BMW Business Advanced).

Media Package Professional -

Navigation system, BMW Professional Multimedia, including hands-free system with USB port, instrument cluster with extended functions, Professional Radio with DVD drive, iDrive controller, integrated hard drive (12GB), Real Time Traffic Information in conjunction with BMW Assist, fixed 8.8" display, 3D map display, birds-eye view mode.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 11:13 AM   #7
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport

If you click on the details for each one:

Media Pack - BMW Business has:

BMW TeleServices
BMW Emergency Call
Nav Business

Media Pack - BMW Business Plus has:

Remote Services
Information Plus
BMW Online Services
BMW TeleServices
BMW Emergency Call
Nav Business

Media Pack - BMW Professional has:

Mobile Application Prep
Remote Services
Black Panel Display
Information Plus
BMW Online Services
BMW TeleServices
BMW Emergency Call
Nav Professional
Real Time Info
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 01:17 PM   #8
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

Having had a F11 with the business Nav the £500 extra is well worth it. The business system feels very basic. At half the price it would be a good compromise though.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #9
neil-c
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i M-sport xdrive

Just picked up my pre reg 320i m sport today and was on the BMW website today to remind myself what media pack business advanced consisted of and of course it's changed. Can anyone remind me what the old business advanced package consists of and a description of each element. Thanks very much in advance.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 05:37 PM   #10
NickDJ
Registered
Rep
Drives: Not Yet

Does basic business have USB Audio with album artwork etc??
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 01:54 AM   #11
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil-c View Post
Can anyone remind me what the old business advanced package consists of and a description of each element. Thanks very much in advance.
In the old brochure it was:

Media Package - BMW Business Advanced (ZMB)
  • (606) Navigation system - BMW Business Advanced : Includes hands-free system with USB port, Professional radio, CD drive, iDrive controller, functional bookmarks, fixed 6.5" display, 2D map or combined arrow and map display.
  • (612) BMW Assist : Supports driver with services including automatic and manual emergency call function where the position of the vehicle is determined via GPS. Also includes Real-Time Traffic Information (RTTI) and Google Send to Car, available in conjunction with media packages.
  • (616) BMW Assist online portal : Provides access to online services (email, customised portals for news, weather and Google Local Search).
  • (6NL) Bluetooth telephone preparation with telematics, USB audio interface and Voice Control : For wireless in-vehicle connection of suitable Bluetooth mobiles. Audio devices such as MP3 player, iPod or USB stick can be connected via integrated USB interface. Depending on the equipment selected, devices are operated via radio, multifunction steering wheel, or iDrive.

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 10:05 AM   #12
neil-c
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i M-sport xdrive

Thanks for that Rob
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 08:41 AM   #13
oli_100785
Rep
Drives: F30 320d M Sport Alpine White

What does enhanced bluetooth preparation come with versus the BMW Professional Media (most expensive option)? I want the USB Connection for audio (phone and music) and iTunes artwork through screen and hoping it comes with the top level nav pack? Can anyone confirm? Just curious as the extended bluetooth option is like 300+ so seems pricey and not sure what extra you get other than a snap in section for your phone... also quite weird how BMW haven't got an adapter for USB audio for the iPhone 5 yet that I am aware of. Anyone know if you can use the same USB connector from the old 3 series saloon (like I do in my current car) for connecting up an iPhone 4 to the F30? Or can it be done wirelessly via Bluetooth so no need to plug your phone in at all? But then I guess there is no charging your phone either so hoping they come up with a solution soon...
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 09:56 AM   #14
Defero
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: F31 325d M Sport

The enhanced Bluetooth provides the ability to have:
  1. Audio Streaming from the phone to the car via Bluetooth
  2. two phones can be connected to the car at the same time
  3. voice control (see note below)
  4. Office functionality
  5. Armrest snapin preparation for a phone / device. You can buy the additional snap for your device to allow you to use the car ariel. Based on what I have read the snap in charges the device at a faster rate then the standard USB.

The enhanced Bluetooth was removed by bmw from the pro nav pack when they upgraded the pro nav system this was in the second half of 2012 I believe.

If you don't buy the enhanced Bluetooth but have the new pro nav you can code the car to enable all the features of the enhanced bluetooth apart from the snap in feature. This is due to the car having the hardware to support the enhanced Bluetooth but bmw not enabling it.

If all you want is to USB connect a device to the pro nav without a snap in then there is no real need to get the enhanced Bluetooth.
I'm not clear about the album artwork as this seems different from device to device and lots of people seem to be using a memory stick for music.

I personally went for the enhanced Bluetooth as want the snap in.

Others have also commented that they have voice control without the enhanced Bluetooth.

Last edited by Defero; 08-10-2013 at 10:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #15
oli_100785
Rep
Drives: F30 320d M Sport Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defero View Post
The enhanced Bluetooth provides the ability to have:
  1. Audio Streaming from the phone to the car via Bluetooth
  2. two phones can be connected to the car at the same time
  3. voice control (see note below)
  4. Office functionality
  5. Armrest snapin preparation for a phone / device. You can buy the additional snap for your device to allow you to use the car ariel. Based on what I have read the snap in charges the device at a faster rate then the standard USB.

The enhanced Bluetooth was removed by bmw from the pro nav pack when they upgraded the pro nav system this was in the second half of 2012 I believe.

If you don't buy the enhanced Bluetooth but have the new pro nav you can code the car to enable all the features of the enhanced bluetooth apart from the snap in feature. This is due to the car having the hardware to support the enhanced Bluetooth but bmw not enabling it.

If all you want is to USB connect a device to the pro nav without a snap in then there is no real need to get the enhanced Bluetooth.
I'm not clear about the album artwork as this seems different from device to device and lots of people seem to be using a memory stick for music.

I personally went for the enhanced Bluetooth as want the snap in.

Others have also commented that they have voice control without the enhanced Bluetooth.
Thanks very much for your response It would be nice to stream audio via Bluetooth but not really fussed about the other options so if I can get music via plugging in to the USB and album artwork plus phone charging I will be happy!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2013, 11:52 AM   #16
Thackers
Yorkshire Sniper
England
Rep
Drives: F30 320d Sport

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to the site so any advise is appreciated.
I've read a lot of the threads and am even more confused now.

I've just bought a UK 320d sport with business media on a 62 plate registered September but I've not seen the vehicle yet.

I'm not sure with the business media package whether this means it has advanced Bluetooth I think it's called..?

Will I be able to make voice activated phone calls etc with my vehicle or is this only on advanced or professional media models?

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #17
ewanmac
Captain
Rep
Drives: m140i

I have business nav also. No advanced Bluetooth or voice activation I'm afraid.
      11-08-2013, 03:46 PM   #18
Thackers
Yorkshire Sniper
England
Rep
Drives: F30 320d Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewanmac View Post
I have business nav also. No advanced Bluetooth or voice activation I'm afraid.
Mine actually came with enhanced bluetooth and full voice control..
Result!

Appreciate 0
      11-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #19
billyboym3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D

Defero, I see in you picture your using the samsung, are these snap ins available from bmw? how much was it?
Appreciate 0