F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > UK Retrofit Rear View Mirror with GTO
Studio RSR

01-05-2017, 04:12 PM   #1
mkizzo
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G31 LCI, F87 Comp

UK Retrofit Rear View Mirror with GTO

Dear USA;

Need some advice on retrofitting the homelink / universal garage door opener...

I have a 2014 UK spec F30 335dX (VIN F890101). Homelink is not available here- even as an option. My current mirror has auto-dim (EC), alarm (LED) and High Beam Assist (FLA) so I believe I'm looking for a replacement part that has EC / LED / FLA / GTO.

Problem is that combination of options doesn't exist at any European part suppliers. In USA it looks like it does exists as part 51169345370, so I'm considering purchasing the part and having it shipped to UK.

So the questions:
1. Will the angle of mirror be ok for RHD? (i know side mirrors are not interchangeable between LHD / RHD)
2. Any thoughts on this impacting the accuracy of high-beam assist? (e.g. is it configured/programmed differently for RHD or maybe even have a different lens?)
3. Any opinions if this will be a straight swap using existing wiring?
4. Are there other components that I'm not aware of to get GTO? (I *think* everything is built into the mirror but could be wrong)
5. Anything else I'm not thinking of....

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2017, 01:38 AM   #2
LondonF33
Rep
Drives: 435i M Sport

you might want to check with the manufacturer of your door/gates. There have been a number of people on forums complaining that the signal is on a different frequency, even with UK spec'd cars, so they can't get it to work. I'd do that before spending money on it. I thought about it myself but was put off.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 01:20 PM   #3
mkizzo
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G31 LCI, F87 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonF33 View Post
you might want to check with the manufacturer of your door/gates. There have been a number of people on forums complaining that the signal is on a different frequency, even with UK spec'd cars, so they can't get it to work. I'd do that before spending money on it. I thought about it myself but was put off.
You are totally right. The door uses 868Mhz and the mirrors in US all appear to be 315Mhz. I would have thought that in other European countries like Germany the part would exist - but haven't found it yet.
Appreciate 0