F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > What should the car come with?
proTUNING Freaks

07-31-2014, 09:45 AM   #1
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C

What should the car come with?

Hey all, taking delivery of my 328 tomorrow! I searched around the forum and found a helpful word doc containing a list of things I should look out for.

But I'm also wondering if the car comes with items like floor mats or wheel locks so I know I'm getting everything I should be getting.

Any other delivery tips are also welcome and much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 10:11 AM   #2
Shakes
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecemberStorm View Post
Hey all, taking delivery of my 328 tomorrow! I searched around the forum and found a helpful word doc containing a list of things I should look out for.

But I'm also wondering if the car comes with items like floor mats or wheel locks so I know I'm getting everything I should be getting.

Any other delivery tips are also welcome and much appreciated!
yes it wil come with: floor mats ( i ended up biuying rubber ones as you dont want to mess the carpet ones)
-Wheel locking nuts
-2 key fobs
-usual things in a new car
-make sure they make that car shine all over before taking home

post pics
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 10:32 AM   #3
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

look at your purchase agreement first
- dealer may have charged you on the wheel locks & floor mats. They used to be thrown in even if you don't ask for. Not anymore.

What to look for -
- paint scratches
- get them to setup/linkup your cell phone to the car bluetooth. Make sure it connects.
- check for full tank of gas (you paid for it already)
- wheel lock key
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 03:12 PM   #4
JimmersBimmer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i X-Drive

Ensure that the August incentives aren't better than the incentives you received when you signed the papers.
2007 E90 Silver on Black Leather
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 04:28 PM   #5
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakes View Post
yes it wil come with: floor mats ( i ended up biuying rubber ones as you dont want to mess the carpet ones)
-Wheel locking nuts
-2 key fobs
-usual things in a new car
-make sure they make that car shine all over before taking home

post pics
Thanks! A little disappointed that it doesn't come with all season mats given our climate, but what do you expect when they charge you extra for a rearview camera Did you buy the OEM ones?

Ya definitely inspect the cleanliness given all the storms in recent weeks. It's a custom order that just got off the truck tho, so hopefully everything is already in pristine shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
look at your purchase agreement first
- dealer may have charged you on the wheel locks & floor mats. They used to be thrown in even if you don't ask for. Not anymore.

What to look for -
- paint scratches
- get them to setup/linkup your cell phone to the car bluetooth. Make sure it connects.
- check for full tank of gas (you paid for it already)
- wheel lock key
Thanks for the reminders. Just checked and the dealer didn't include surchage for a tank of gas, floor mats and such, so that's good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmersBimmer View Post
Ensure that the August incentives aren't better than the incentives you received when you signed the papers.
Right, makes sense. Just did a quick and found an extra $1000 lease incentive for July that didn't exist when I ordered (May). Can I ask them to apply that or is the July stuff no longer good for tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 10:49 PM   #6
JimmersBimmer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Right, makes sense. Just did a quick and found an extra $1000 lease incentive for July that didn't exist when I ordered (May). Can I ask them to apply that or is the July stuff no longer good for tomorrow.
I was at the dealership yesterday and asked this question...without (in my opinion) a good answer. I was told "you can have the better of the incentives at signing or the month of delivery." I asked, since August was only 2 days away if the August incentives will be better? I think their answer was given to placate me "We don't know for sure. There is a small chance they may be better and a smaller chance they'll be worse. Don't worry about that now." Argh. I wish I had a better response for you, but I would push for the best regardless and thus far July's .9/1.9% with $1K delivery incentive has been the best I've seen.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 10:54 PM   #7
JimmersBimmer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Maybe someone on the forums can help us out...

...is it worth asking if the Navigation software version is the most up-to-date version?

...or is that just something we should take for granted on a new car???!!??
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 11:09 PM   #8
Dan_335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i EBII MSport

u should expect ur car to come with swirls!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 09:10 AM   #9
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I was at the dealership yesterday and asked this question...without (in my opinion) a good answer. I was told "you can have the better of the incentives at signing or the month of delivery." I asked, since August was only 2 days away if the August incentives will be better? I think their answer was given to placate me "We don't know for sure. There is a small chance they may be better and a smaller chance they'll be worse. Don't worry about that now." Argh. I wish I had a better response for you, but I would push for the best regardless and thus far July's .9/1.9% with $1K delivery incentive has been the best I've seen.
I forwarded this question to both my salesman and business manager. No replies from neither yet but I will bring it up again this afternoon before signing for sure. The sales guy did said during ordering that I would be entitled to better incentives should they appear.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 09:11 AM   #10
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Maybe someone on the forums can help us out...

...is it worth asking if the Navigation software version is the most up-to-date version?

...or is that just something we should take for granted on a new car???!!??
I am no expert of course but if it's been sitting on the lot for a while it might be worth it to ask them to check for update. For a newly ordered one BMW should have installed the latest one already in factory
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 04:58 PM   #11
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

any request to update nav would be extra, whether the car is totally brand new and has been sitting on dealer lot for awhile.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 05:33 PM   #12
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Alright so picked it up today!!!

I did bring up the issue of incentives with the dealer, they honored the $1000, but said they have to deduct $400 of "dealer participation fee"..... but the main thing is that residual has gone down for August, so the extra discount basically canceled out. But either way definitely ask about it before you sign!

(Sorry for the poor pics.. took it with the rather subpar camera of the HTC m8)

Absolutely love the coral red interior!

The around view cameras are def very cool! Haven't tried out the automatic parking feature tho.

My dealer made the overall experience very pleasant.. I also received some sweet goodies, including a loaded gift basket (saw a toy model i8, a bottle of wine, water bottles, and probably more!) and a small swiss army knife on the key chain!

Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 07:59 PM   #13
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

wow. Your dealer is really something. The $1000 should be yours regardless ... and yet the dealer took back $400 ... this is the first time in my life I have ever heard of such lame excuse.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 08:58 PM   #14
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
wow. Your dealer is really something. The $1000 should be yours regardless ... and yet the dealer took back $400 ... this is the first time in my life I have ever heard of such lame excuse.
You haven't seen the "extras" that they tried to sell when giving out initial quotes. Getting them to do be reasonable really takes some effort, but the overall experience and the people are pleasant enough that you don't rage. I did a quick annuity calculation and basically they took 13 bucks away from me each month with that 400. Guess with all the gifts and lavish facility, the wool still comes from the sheep after all.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 07:15 AM   #15
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

to make it back up, you will need to drink all the coffee, juices, water you can the next time you go into the dealership for service or having your oil top up.

Quote:
You haven't seen the "extras" that they tried to sell when giving out initial quotes. Getting them to do be reasonable really takes some effort, but the overall experience and the people are pleasant enough that you don't rage. I did a quick annuity calculation and basically they took 13 bucks away from me each month with that 400. Guess with all the gifts and lavish facility, the wool still comes from the sheep after all.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 10:59 AM   #16
JimmersBimmer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Congrats on the new ride! Looks great! Enjoy!!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2014, 01:30 AM   #17
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
to make it back up, you will need to drink all the coffee, juices, water you can the next time you go into the dealership for service or having your oil top up.
oh ya, and use the 2 water bottles they gave out to fill up for the trip home
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 02:52 PM   #18
Shakes
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! A little disappointed that it doesn't come with all season mats given our climate, but what do you expect when they charge you extra for a rearview camera Did you buy the OEM ones?

Yea i bought the OEM coral mats with mine, Car looks amazing very nice and enjoy that ride
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2014, 12:35 AM   #19
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakes View Post
Yea i bought the OEM coral mats with mine, Car looks amazing very nice and enjoy that ride
Thanks! Looks like I will pick up a set of OEM rubber mats when I hit the dealer next week to get my bumper cam fixed
      08-11-2014, 05:30 AM   #20
335icandy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 328dX Msport Estoril Blue

Sweeeet! Looks identical to mine except I got a diesel! Congratulations.... I got the $1000 delivery credit in July applied straight to my discount on top of everything they gave me off already!

Now in August it's apparently $1500 off! you were saying the buy back is higher?

What do the OEM coral mats look like? All season or carpet?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2014, 08:25 AM   #21
Shakes
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335icandy View Post
Sweeeet! Looks identical to mine except I got a diesel! Congratulations.... I got the $1000 delivery credit in July applied straight to my discount on top of everything they gave me off already!

Now in August it's apparently $1500 off! you were saying the buy back is higher?

What do the OEM coral mats look like? All season or carpet?
there all season, just has a coral trim around the mat makes it stand out. (all black with coral trim around)
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 01:51 AM   #22
335icandy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 328dX Msport Estoril Blue

Beautiful man!
Appreciate 0