F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Laguna Seca Blue buyers remorse?
proTUNING Freaks

02-09-2014, 10:45 AM   #1
÷13
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 -3.5 MW/Coral

Laguna Seca Blue buyers remorse?

Did you have any regrets with LSB?

I'm wafering on the colour versus Valencia Orange on at 2014 Performance Package f30 Canadian edition AT (yeah I struggled with that choice as well, vs manual).

Also, how would you feel putting a deposit new F30, to next day discover the rim is gouged and damaged (curb rash) while still in the showroom? I asked for a replacement on the rim, they instead only offered to repair it. Somehow that didn't agree with me but maybe I'm too picky.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 10:49 AM   #2
focal
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328i 6MT w/ MPS & MPE

I would not accept a repaired wheel. PERIOD!

new car, means new car.

as for color, it's your personal preference, no one can talk you into or out of a colour
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 10:57 AM   #3
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ÷13 View Post

I'm wafering on the colour versus Valencia Orange on at 2014 Performance Package f30 Canadian edition AT (yeah I struggled with that choice as well, vs manual).

Also, how would you feel putting a deposit new F30, to next day discover the rim is gouged and damaged (curb rash) while still in the showroom? I asked for a replacement on the rim, they instead only offered to repair it. Somehow that didn't agree with me but maybe I'm too picky.

Thanks
Same thing happened with one of my wheels at delivery. I let them TRY fixing it first and it was so undetectable and flawless there was no grounds to demand a new rim.

'98 Dinan/RMS stage 2+(VAC cams, CES Cutring etc)
'15 Buick Regal "T"(wife)
'06 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt (full suspension, LSD, clipped turbo etc)
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 11:06 AM   #4
OC40
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i MSport + MPS/MPPK

Garage List
2013 MINI S  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13

Thanks
VO all of the way. It is even better in person.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 11:40 AM   #5
cblandin
Private
Rep
Drives: 97 M3, Volt, XC60

VERY touch choice between VO and LSB. Basically, there are buyers who consider "wild" colors like bright blues, reds, oranges, yellows, etc. and there are those that never would. You are obviously in the former category (as I am when I buy cars...frankly, I HATE how BMW's normal color palette has so many shades of silvers/grays these days, but I digress. I just went through the forum looking at both colors and I have to admit, I could go either way. Find the best possible OUTDOOR pics of both and stare at them. Which one do you keep coming back to? I also say AVOID manufacturer's pics which are often touched up or stylized to the point that you can't really tell what it looks like in real life. It is a shame you may have trouble finding one in person to see...my experience tells me I waffle when looking at pics and then instantly decide when I see them in person.

Post some up here and the folks here will likely weigh in too. After staring at them for a while, I find myself leaning toward Valencia Orange ever so slightly as it screams LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, but I would not have any heartburn about owning an LSB car. I will say though, that VO looks a bit too "copper" in person to me (seen it on 1Ms at the auto show and one out on the streets). Hmmm, I'm waffling already...maybe I would do LSB! LOL!

Some LSB pics here (I think from an owner on here):

http://s253.photobucket.com/user/Chi...2cc75.jpg.html
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 11:57 AM   #6
÷13
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 -3.5 MW/Coral

Thanks for the Feedback!

My very first impression of the LSB was However, the more time I spent looking at the colour, and note that this was in a showroom, it grew on me. In certain light it can look better, so it's a chameleon to me at times. That's somewhat it's appeal.

I did consider Black on Coral Red, that almost all of my previous Bmw's were sapphire black. I turned my mind onto Valencia and this was a struggle. I noticed some Nissans etc which has to me a similar colour of orange that it turned me off a bit. Laguna is one of a kind (does this suggest it's a good or bad colour ~ I don't know).

Valencia Orange is racy/sporty, looks aggressive with the black grill. Laguna makes me feel like I'm driving by the Ocean. And because it's' truly and individual colour, it has some rarity and uniqueness.

So I am leaning to the blue, but one wonders if those that purchased it grew to question the choice in the long run; I guess time will tell for me.

As much as I love driving the bmw's, I love to look at them, clean them, admire them. The art of it's design and the energy and thought and effort bmw seems to put into towards the body designs and the little things that make it what it is. The lines on the hood for example appeal to me. One doesn't notice this as well on a black colour which points to alternate colours for me. But I will say, the black in this performance package looks menacing. The red sets that interior apart too.

I want them all!!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 08:52 PM   #7
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
showroom colors will never show in outdoors

Last edited by ska///235i; 02-09-2014 at 10:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 12:01 AM   #8
ToyotaBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Whitetintedwindows

Tell them new wheel or forget it. While a painted wheel may come very very close it is not the same as a new wheel. Also you don't want to deal with any problems of the wheel down the road.

As for color LSB would be an easier sell than VO when it comes down to selling the car and dealer may offer you a better trade in for it because VO is more of a niche color in my opinion. I myself love the VO though.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 07:47 AM   #9
carzaddict
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV

fuck it, just fix it and move on. chances are you might end up scuffing it yourself in a few weeks
      02-10-2014, 09:45 AM   #10
BMWbill
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31 M-Sport wagon, E46 M3

smurf car.

F31 Estoril Blue Wagon | E46 Phoenix Yellow M3 | 1958 BMW R50 | 1981 BMW Café Racer
My BMW café racer on BikeEXIF
Appreciate 0