F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > What have we done!
Studio RSR

06-24-2016, 12:18 AM   #1
GBR1
Captain
Rep
Drives: G05 45e on order

What have we done!

I voted to remain, but have respect and some understanding for those that chose to leave.

Part of me is quite excited at what we can do for our country. Part of me is shitting myself as we go into the unknown, my company has 40% of its business in Europe.

The positive in me says that the pound will (IS) crash (ing) and I might get more business from Europe and this is clearly what I am hoping for...

What does really really really piss me off is Farage, according to him, I, along with all the others that voted to remain (48% of the country) are not a normal or decent people... what a prick!

GBR1

Last edited by GBR1; 06-24-2016 at 01:10 AM..
Appreciate 2
      06-24-2016, 01:20 AM   #2
Chompers
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320d MSport (M) BS /CR

Understand your views. But it should be noted that the £ was down around 10% against both the $ & € earlier this morning but has strengthen recently, now around 5% down on last night on € and 8.5% on the $. Not really a crash more an adjustment on speculation of the last few days.

As for your last line, Farage is a hateful man, that statement boiled my pi$$

Gone: F31 320d MSport BS /CR, E61 520d MSport Bus Ed, E53 X5 V8 Sport
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 01:28 AM   #3
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

I think it's a case of the comfort blanket has been pulled away and burnt.

A lot of people will now have to work for their country and not rely on Europe.

Yes Farage is a prize Cnut, all those with extreme views are.

Unfortunately some of what he says is correct.

There is a huge disconnect between parliament and the midlands and the North.

This is where having Corbyn with his utter crap London based politics failed to persuade northern labour voters.

Well, it's an unknown, the world won't end, our trade with other countries will not end.
Appreciate 2
      06-24-2016, 01:34 AM   #4
Chompers
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320d MSport (M) BS /CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand View Post
I think it's a case of the comfort blanket has been pulled away and burnt.

A lot of people will now have to work for their country and not rely on Europe.
But isn't this one of the problems, they can't be bothered or are too lazy to work, hence the migration of workers from Europe.

I'm sure Corbyn's quietness/lack of contact with the Labour voters through the campaign played a factor in the result.

Gone: F31 320d MSport BS /CR, E61 520d MSport Bus Ed, E53 X5 V8 Sport
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 01:39 AM   #5
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompers View Post
But isn't this one of the problems, they can't be bothered or are too lazy to work, hence the migration of workers from Europe.

I'm sure Corbyn's quietness/lack of contact with the Labour voters through the campaign played a factor in the result.
I don't mean the average bloke in the street, I mean leaders of big business, leaders within finance and politics, leaders within the country that will need to ensure we still keep to sensible policies.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 02:10 AM   #6
robbiep
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW e-Golf !

Quote:
I don't mean the average bloke in the street, I mean leaders of big business, leaders within finance and politics, leaders within the country that will need to ensure we still keep to sensible policies.
At least it's people in this country that will be making all the decisions, whether they get them right or wrong !

"Project fear" in this referendum was the Remain camp : This might happen if we leave, be scared of the unknown and stay under the warm blanket of the EU.
I don't think we've got anything to fear at all. We will negotiate free trade with the EU, which is what the EEC / Common Market was supposed to be about in the first place, until it got corrupted into the EU.
Appreciate 2
      06-24-2016, 02:48 AM   #7
AndyMD
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Golf R 2020

Quote:
And who's going to be writing them? Gove, sacked from most of his jobs so took up politics, IDS slashed benefits for the most vulnerable, including disabled and mentally ill and don't forget none of the laws will ever go through parliament as there wouldn't be enough time to debate them, so straight to the books they will go

Currently learnt a lesson
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 03:02 AM   #8
bodtwo
Captain
Rep
Drives: F31 335D

Very disappointed, but I respect the democracy. What's making me bitter is that wherever i travel now i'll be tarred with the shitty brush of farrage and johnson.

Corbyn is a complete and utter wanker.
      06-24-2016, 03:13 AM   #9
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
Brexit was a magic lens through which people saw a different political fantasy. A lot of people are now going to be very upset by the reality.

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 03:24 AM   #10
Alscoob
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G31 540i M Sport Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUK View Post
Brexit was a magic lens through which people saw a different political fantasy. A lot of people are now going to be very upset by the reality.
Ahh those old rose tinted glasses....

Farrage & Corbyn, wouldn't pi$$ on his head if his hat was on fire.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 03:44 AM   #11
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscoob View Post
Ahh those old rose tinted glasses....

Farrage & Corbyn, wouldn't pi$$ on his head if his hat was on fire.
I doubt Farage and Corbyn actually have the wherewithal to actually find their dicks with both hands...

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 1
      06-24-2016, 04:07 AM   #12
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

What have we done?

In a union of solvent and insolvent countries, one of the solvent countries has decided to leave.....

.....weirdly, supported by the masses of said solvent country for the WRONG reasons. Go figure.....
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 04:12 AM   #13
DaveA
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i xDrive

Quote:
^^^^
THIS

As you know, Brigand, I am originally from Middlesbrough and still spend a fair bit of my time there. I was talking recently with a colleague based in London, and somehow the discussion got onto the Steelworks and whatnot... I cannot remember precisely the conversation, but he had no grasp whatsoever of the changes that places like the North East have gone through in the last 35/40 years, nor the various messings about and shenanigans of how these steelworks (for instance) have been bartered and traded in recent years, and how little seems to have been done to help those areas...

I ended up by saying that, in many ways, Middlesbrough was so far away from Westminster that it might as well be Timbuktu...

Quote:
This is where having Corbyn with his utter crap London based politics failed to persuade northern labour voters.
In part, yes...

Rightly or wrongly, it seems pretty clear to me that the shift between what was predicted beforehand and what we ended up with (5% to 10% shift to "leave") is that disenfranchisement and disconnected vote, but not just of labour supporters, but supporters of all parties... You see it to various degrees also in Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland...

It matters not whether you are left, right or in-between. As a politician, today, the message is crystal clear. You must re-engage with the people, not just the City and Business...

One can only hope...
CAR HISTORY - Golf GTI 245 - F30 340i M Sport - F30 330d M Sport MPPK - F30 320d Sport - 997 Gen2 GT3 - 987 Cayman S - 986 Boxster S - Ibiza Cupra - Polo 16v - E30 M3 (Official GB import) - Integra 16v - Mk2 Polo S - Mk1 Golf C
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 04:33 AM   #14
Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 911, Cayenne Turbo, Disco 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA
Quote:
^^^^
THIS

As you know, Brigand, I am originally from Middlesbrough and still spend a fair bit of my time there. I was talking recently with a colleague based in London, and somehow the discussion got onto the Steelworks and whatnot... I cannot remember precisely the conversation, but he had no grasp whatsoever of the changes that places like the North East have gone through in the last 35/40 years, nor the various messings about and shenanigans of how these steelworks (for instance) have been bartered and traded in recent years, and how little seems to have been done to help those areas...

I ended up by saying that, in many ways, Middlesbrough was so far away from Westminster that it might as well be Timbuktu...

Quote:
In part, yes...

Rightly or wrongly, it seems pretty clear to me that the shift between what was predicted beforehand and what we ended up with (5% to 10% shift to "leave") is that disenfranchisement and disconnected vote, but not just of labour supporters, but supporters of all parties... You see it to various degrees also in Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland...

It matters not whether you are left, right or in-between. As a politician, today, the message is crystal clear. You must re-engage with the people, not just the City and Business...

One can only hope...
I think this is very much what it is, and partly explains why Scotland is happy to remain- they have a Scottish government that's much closer to what the Scottish people want.
Current: Porsche 911 991 C4S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Land Rover Discovery 4. Gone...G01 X3 M40i, Cayman S 987, F31 340i, Cayman GT4, F82 M4 CP, Lotus Exige V6, G20 330e, F30 330e, Boxster S 987, F31 335d, Mini Cooper SD, E89 Z4, E90 330d 320d, E60 520d, E46 330d 320d, MX5s, E30 325i
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 04:43 AM   #15
AlanYoro35i
Senior Troll
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Coming soon-718 Cayman S

Doesn't really matter now. Those who voted out should be happy now.

The chain effect will be massive. Don't think voting out will lead to more houses availble for people of benifit, it won't magically create more jobs. Your usual polish plumber who charge £30 to fix a leaking pipe suddenly become a £200 job and starts to leak 2 days later and you can no longer find reach him. Freedom of movement is down the drain but it doesn't matter the brexit voter normally goes on holiday in yorkshire , happy enjoying the vast views of farm lands. Super market goods will increase in price as we import alot of food from nearby countries oh and then there is people complaining about why our takeaway food is getting expensive and is slow? Well because your british delivery driver went and had a pint during his delivery.

Now: 718 Cayman GTS / F83 M4
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 04:44 AM   #16
rocketretro
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: M235i Coupe

Garage List
Holland to go next. Inevitably the EU will have to change or disintegrate. If Cameron had come back with a settlement from Brussels we would have not been in this position. Governments and the eurocrats have failed to understand and respond to the electorates of the U.K and other member states.
      06-24-2016, 04:46 AM   #17
AlanYoro35i
Senior Troll
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Coming soon-718 Cayman S

The chain effect will be massive. Don't think voting out will lead to more houses availble for people of benifit, it won't magically create more jobs. Your usual polish plumber who charge £30 to fix a leaking pipe suddenly become a £200 job for the british plumber and starts to leak 2 days later and you can no longer find reach him. Freedom of movement is down the drain but it doesn't matter the brexit voter normally goes on holiday in yorkshire , happy enjoying the vast views of farm lands. Super market goods will increase in price as we import alot of food from nearby countries oh and then there is people complaining about why our takeaway food is getting expensive and is slow? Well because your british delivery driver went and had a pint during his delivery.

Oh and now we can make our own decision , watch that stupid tax/vat or whatever increase coming to a future near you.

Eitherway in or out of Eu , the country's going into ruin and the matter is how soon it was going to be and we sped it up.

Now: 718 Cayman GTS / F83 M4
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 04:50 AM   #18
ep22jg
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G01 M40i

I too voted to remain (head), although my heart wanted todays result!

My real worry is what pain we will now go through and how long it will last

As much as I dislike them, it is financial business and the banks which fund this country, not sovereignty. Successive shite governments have killed off everything else.
So, we'll have to wait and see what they decide to do??!!

I think this is the main reason that UK politics is London/SE based.
      06-24-2016, 05:01 AM   #19
gr4z
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 e40

Whatever the result it has been made now. It is what it is. Everyone should just get behind it. We all have to remain positive.
      06-24-2016, 05:13 AM   #20
robbiep
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW e-Golf !

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanYoro35i View Post

The chain effect will be massive. Don't think voting out will lead to more houses availble for people of benifit, it won't magically create more jobs. Your usual polish plumber who charge £30 to fix a leaking pipe suddenly become a £200 job and starts to leak 2 days later and you can no longer find reach him. Freedom of movement is down the drain but it doesn't matter the brexit voter normally goes on holiday in yorkshire , happy enjoying the vast views of farm lands. Super market goods will increase in price as we import alot of food from nearby countries oh and then there is people complaining about why our takeaway food is getting expensive and is slow? Well because your british delivery driver went and had a pint during his delivery.
I do hope you're just being deliberately ironic ?

If not, can you provide some evidence to back up those ridiculous claims ?

Because holidays won't be affected - or if certain countries tried introducing visas, then others would just take advantage of it by doing visa-free travel for brits, and grabbing market share.
Again, any evidence to back up the supermarket price increase claim ? Because if the pound is stronger against the euro, then it actually makes imports cheaper. Basic economics.

And as to 'your british delivery driver going and having a pint', well, I assume you do the same stereotypes for the lazy Italians, Spaniards and Greeks on their siestas, the French all constantly on strike (OK, that bit is accurate), and ze ever efficient Germans.

So, as I say, I hope you're being deliberately ironic. Because otherwise you've got about as much grasp on economic reality as a duck.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 05:26 AM   #21
evdok
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330D M/SPORT xDRIVE INDIVIDUAL

Going cyprus on the 8th, i knew i should have changed money few days back
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2016, 05:30 AM   #22
Mark1966
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4, Lotus and Lancia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobb View Post
This is excellent news. Very happy with the result . I believe (the solvent) countries will now follow suit. Leaving Germany to bail out the rest.....shame.
Glad the M4 is arriving next week as i reckon they will need to put the price up
Appreciate 2