F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Annoying persistant NBT Evo ID4 problems
proTUNING Freaks

12-12-2023, 10:14 AM   #1
Electrifying
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: Mini JCW 2016

Annoying persistant NBT Evo ID4 problems

Hi everyone!

Posting here because i have a very persistent and annoying error in my NBT Evo ID4 Unit. Which i would like to get rid of.

What i notice are sporadic reboots of the unit and the navigation data has become corrupted after a 2022 map-update, because it keeps saying the navigation data has been manipulated (which is not the case). Up- or downgrading to newer/older maps does not do anything in solving the error. The map-update runs its course without errors and the maps work fine then until a cold boot. Then i get the map manipulated error again.

ISTA reports these errors with my headunit:

NBTEVO --- 0xB7F85E HU-H: Customer-initiated software update - control unit fault
NBTEVO --- 0xB7F884 HU-H: Software error

Problems began when a regular KISU update failed (as shown in the error). The Map error began later after a 2022 map-update

Things i tried:

- Regarding the "map manipulated" error. I thought my harddrive could be dying, so i sector-copied it and replaced it with an SSD. SSD works fine in the unit, but no dice unfortunately.

- The other errors; ISTA recommends reprogramming it, so i did an I-Step update with E-SYS to 18-03 and also took this opportunity to update to ID5. So i followed the instructions in this video.

I followed the instructions in the video, but what i did differently; I did not do a V850 Virginize and for the FA i chose a newer Typschlussel (It's an F56 JCW from 2016), so the newer Typeschlussel of the XM91 would be XR91 and for the Zeitkriterium i chose the I-Step version, so 0318, figuring that build-date would for sure have ID5.

Flashing went fine without any problems or errors whatsover, but i am:

- Still on the ID4 interface (coding HMI parameters does not change that unfortunately).
- The above mentioned errors in ISTA are still present. I expected the I-Step update would solve these since i did a complete flash.

What can i do to get the ID5 interface AND correct the above errors and problems?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 03:31 PM   #2
Electrifying
Netherlands
Rep

Got a bit further:

Did a map update to Europe Evo 2023-2 just for the sake of being able to see the Software version.

Despite the succesful flash without any errors, i see it is still NBTevo_E17235A. I don't understand why, but that does explain why the errors which ISTA shows haven't been fixed and why ID5 isn't running on the Headunit.

I redid the Steps in the video right up untill starting the flash and it showed that the Evo could be flashed (again), so i'm going to do that this weekend. Have to take out my

One additional question though: The video mentions the Typeschlussel for an F54 Clubman (LR92). Wouldn't this flash Clubman specific images and descriptions during IbaDeploy? If that is the case, what Typeschlussel and Zeitkriterium can i chose to match my F56 (JCW), while also having ID5?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2023, 05:29 AM   #3
Electrifying
Netherlands
Rep

Hi!

So i managed to update my unit to ID5 (with F54 animations, if anyone knows how to get F56 animations, please share!).

NBTEVO --- 0xB7F884 HU-H: Software error is gone thankfully!

However, NBTEVO --- 0xB7F85E HU-H: Customer-initiated software update - control unit fault is still present. I was hoping "a" flash update would solve this issue as well, unfortunately it did not.

Does anyone know a way to force update or reinstall this KISU update? I found a commandlet in Tool32 to erase this sort of update ARG;SWUP_REMOVE_CUSTOMER_UPDATES;STR

It seems to start and run, but after running for more than an hour ARG;SWUP_REMOVE_CUSTOMER_UPDATES;RRR (still) shows "Test Lauft". Do i need to wait more than an hour?

Code:
apiJob("NBTEVO","steuern_routine","ARG;SWUP_REMOVE_CUSTOMER_UPDATES;RRR","")

Satz : 0
  OBJECT                          = nbtevo
  SAETZE                          = 1
  JOBNAME                         = steuern_routine
  VARIANTE                        = NBTEVO
  JOBSTATUS                       = 
  UBATTCURRENT                    = -1
  UBATTHISTORY                    = -1
  IGNITIONCURRENT                 = -1
  IGNITIONHISTORY                 = -1
Satz : 1
  JOB_STATUS                      = OKAY
  _REQUEST                        = 4 Bytes
    0000 : 31 03 A0 5A                                        1. Z
  _RESPONSE                       = 5 Bytes
    0000 : 71 03 A0 5A 01                                     q. Z.
  STAT_REMOVE_CUSTOMER_UPDATES    = 1           00 00 00 01  ....                  
  STAT_REMOVE_CUSTOMER_UPDATES_EINH = 0-n
  STAT_REMOVE_CUSTOMER_UPDATES_INFO = Entfernen aller Benutzer Updates
  STAT_REMOVE_CUSTOMER_UPDATES_TEXT = Test läuft
Further. Running status_swup_installed in Tool32 show the error "ECU Busy". So it seems it is stuck in that it is still updating? I further found some more statuses for the KISU update in Tool32 and the state it is in, in "FUMWELTTEXTE", but i don't know how to be able to apply those codes to get a more precise KISU status.

Because of the error, Bluetooth currently does not function and therefore, i'm also not able to use Carplay.

Thanks!

Last edited by Electrifying; 12-22-2023 at 05:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2023, 09:54 AM   #4
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Cs Lamborghini Huracan

A memory issue with a HW 2.x unit with too little memory causing reboots. This is nothing new.
Appreciate 0