F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > AutoPlay App (AutoPlayBox) APK for CarPlay and Android Auto
proTUNING Freaks

07-15-2022, 10:23 AM   #1
Kudux
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 (F25 R)

Post AutoPlay App (AutoPlayBox) APK for CarPlay and Android Auto

I could hardly find many versions of the AutoPlay (AutoPlayBox) program on the Internet to run Apple CarPlay and Android Auto on Android devices in cars.

The latest versions may not work correctly with errors, but the developer does not provide access to older versions of the application. You have to use new software if it is updated.

For convenience, I downloaded them all, numbered them and added them to Google Drive and Mega. Anyone who finds this post on Bimmerpost and Google will be able to download and check it out.

Here is a list of versions that I was able to find.
  • AutoPlay 2017.12.01.apk
  • AutoPlay 2019.08.14.apk
  • AutoPlay 2020.01.20.apk
  • AutoPlay 2020.06.04.apk
  • AutoPlay 2020.12.04.apk
  • AutoPlay 2021.08.27.apk
  • AutoPlay 2021.11.26.apk
  • AutoPlay 2022.04.11.apk
  • AutoPlay 2022.05.12.apk
  • AutoPlay 2022.07.14.apk

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...mVGDfEiaMizLV7

https://mega.nz/folder/Kkx3wJiC#e9Kn49pwDSBVzgLbQOkjkw

The program is called AutoPlay or AutoPlayBox. This is the same.

AutoKit app doesn't work with my CarPlay adapter, says incompatible. Apparently, AutoPlay and AutoKit are two different programs. The program may have green (in older versions) and blue (in newer versions) icons - this is normal.

If someone has more versions of AutPlay (AutoPlayBox.apk), please share - I will add them to the cloud storage.

To use AutoPlay or AutoPlayBox App, you need a special adapter. You can buy it from AliExpress or anywhere else. It costs about $50 dollars. There are wired and wireless adapters. They differ in connection speed and other characteristics.

Last edited by Kudux; 07-15-2022 at 10:32 AM..
Appreciate 1
fe7565552.50
      07-15-2022, 02:35 PM   #2
goose1207
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3MC, Porsche 911, BMW M5

I've got 2022.06.14.1653 and 2021.11.05.1700
Maybe they're specific to the US but you're welcome to them if you'd like. Is there an updated manual available, meaning newer than 2019? I'm trying to figure out what all the settings do and if changing one of them will fix my problem where after sending or receiving a text in wireless AA, the music does not auto resume.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2022, 03:34 AM   #3
Kudux
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by goose1207 View Post
I've got 2022.06.14.1653 and 2021.11.05.1700
Maybe they're specific to the US but you're welcome to them if you'd like. Is there an updated manual available, meaning newer than 2019? I'm trying to figure out what all the settings do and if changing one of them will fix my problem where after sending or receiving a text in wireless AA, the music does not auto resume.
I didn't find manuals for AutoPlay. Alas, the technical support is extremely poor. My seller CarPlay Doungle from AliExpress doesn't really know or understand anything. It is sad

I had a problem with the AutoPlay program automatically closing 2-5 times before connecting to the phone. I managed to solve it by trial and error, spending several hours on it. As a result, it was necessary to select "non-original Bluetooth" in the KSW Android firmware settings.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2022, 12:10 PM   #4
engine_sandwich
Registered
Rep
Drives: E46 BMW 330D

Thank you kudux!

Kudux! Thank you so much for posting those older versions.

I had a problem where when I connected the cable, bluetooth would disconnect and call audio wouldn't work at all. Also dark mode wouldn't work. Both were driving me crazy!

I downloaded them all onto a USB, installed and uninstalled 1 by one until it worked. 4th newest worked for me.

Thank you so much. You have really helped me out.

I won't be buying another one of these cheap chinese android based stereos though. I'm saving up for a Dynavin.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 09:16 AM   #5
inigoale
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw f30 328d 150cv lci

hello, is there any way to enter the configuration menu once it is connected and showing carplay on the screen?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 05:07 PM   #6
Kudux
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by inigoale View Post
hello, is there any way to enter the configuration menu once it is connected and showing carplay on the screen?
I'm not sure if this is possible. You can try on the car icon in the CarPlay menu.

I turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on the iPhone so that AutoPlay drops the connection and shows the settings. Then I turn it on again, after which, after 10 - 15 seconds, the connection is restored.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 05:09 PM   #7
Kudux
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by engine_sandwich View Post
Kudux! Thank you so much for posting those older versions.

I had a problem where when I connected the cable, bluetooth would disconnect and call audio wouldn't work at all. Also dark mode wouldn't work. Both were driving me crazy!

I downloaded them all onto a USB, installed and uninstalled 1 by one until it worked. 4th newest worked for me.

Thank you so much. You have really helped me out.

I won't be buying another one of these cheap chinese android based stereos though. I'm saving up for a Dynavin.
Cool!

Actually Android is very unstable in the car. I was also disappointed with his performance in my BMW. But unfortunately there are no real alternatives.

Only newer BMWs and other cars have native CarPlay support on the big screen.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2022, 03:56 PM   #8
usve
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5

Thank you! I just updated mine to the latest version, and it stopped working, so was looking for previous recent one, this is very helpful!

Here's the link that came with my AVIN purchase, you don't seem to have this version listed:

AutoPlay-cn.manstep.phonemirrorBox-2018.07.18.1905-1807181905.apk
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sOS...EbsCgz3j8/view
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2023, 10:10 AM   #9
natasha78
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmwx6

AutoPlay App (AutoPlayBox) APK for CarPlay and Android Auto

AutoPlayBox is a game changer for users of CarPlay and Android Auto. This APK improves the in-car experience by providing seamless connectivity and making navigation and entertainment easily available. A must-have for modern motorists.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2023, 08:49 AM   #10
safiradara
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudux View Post
I could hardly find many versions of the AutoPlay (AutoPlayBox) program on the Internet to run Apple CarPlay and Android Auto on Android devices in cars.

The latest versions may not work correctly with errors, but the developer does not provide access to older versions of the application. You have to use new software if it is updated.

For convenience, I downloaded them all, numbered them and added them to Google Drive and Mega. Anyone who finds this post on Bimmerpost and Google will be able to download and check it out.

Here is a list of versions that I was able to find.
  • AutoPlay 2017.12.01.apk
  • AutoPlay 2019.08.14.apk
  • AutoPlay 2020.01.20.apk
  • AutoPlay 2020.06.04.apk
  • AutoPlay 2020.12.04.apk
  • AutoPlay 2021.08.27.apk
  • AutoPlay 2021.11.26.apk
  • AutoPlay 2022.04.11.apk
  • AutoPlay 2022.05.12.apk
  • AutoPlay 2022.07.14.apk

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...mVGDfEiaMizLV7

https://mega.nz/folder/Kkx3wJiC#e9Kn49pwDSBVzgLbQOkjkw

The program is called AutoPlay or AutoPlayBox. This is the same.

AutoKit app doesn't work with my CarPlay adapter, says incompatible. Apparently, AutoPlay and AutoKit are two different programs. The program may have green (in older versions) and blue (in newer versions) icons - this is normal.

If someone has more versions of AutPlay (AutoPlayBox.apk), please share - I will add them to the cloud storage.

To use AutoPlay or AutoPlayBox App, you need a special adapter. You can buy it from AliExpress or anywhere else. It costs about $50 dollars. There are wired and wireless adapters. They differ in connection speed and other characteristics.
Many, many thanks for sharing this post with us, and I really do hope that you will share more of your posts with us in the future, so please do not stop sharing, and I wish you the best of luck with your job....
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2023, 12:24 PM   #11
sumitsen
Registered
Rep
Drives: Hudai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudux View Post
Cool!

Actually Android is very unstable in the car. I was also disappointed with his performance in my BMW. But unfortunately there are no real alternatives.

Only newer BMWs and other cars have native CarPlay support on the big screen.
Thanks for sharing your experience! It's unfortunate to hear about the instability of Android in your car, especially in a BMW. It seems like the performance has been a bit disappointing. It's interesting that newer BMWs and some other cars now come with native CarPlay support for the big screen. Have you found any workarounds or tips to enhance the Android experience in your BMW, or are you considering switching to a car with native CarPlay support in the future?

Insta Reels Mp 3
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2023, 07:50 AM   #12
sizuka66
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw

info

Always make sure to use reputable sources and follow best practices for app installation to ensure the safety and security of your device. If you have specific questions about a particular app or service, reaching out to the developer's support or community forums can also be a helpful way to get more information.
Appreciate 0