F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Need HELP regrading AMP and ROOF F33
Extreme Powerhouse

12-05-2023, 10:47 AM   #1
nationaviation
Rep
Drives: F33 4 series convertible 2017

Need HELP regrading AMP and ROOF F33

I have a F33 2017, the car was stolen and recovered.

Context:
- All the Head unit wiring, SZL wiring was cut
- I have rewired most of them
- As the AMP was water damaged and unplugged, I decided to buy a new one
- I have plugged in ISTA, it shows NO communication with the AMP
- All fuses have been checked
- I have checked all MOST connection
- Even bought a MOST loop cable, so I can plug it where the AMP is, so the MOST loop is complete and to check if there are any breakage along all MOST connections
- Cant code the amp in esys until it gets power

I have tested the AMP and it works in another car but when I plug it into the F33 i get NO WARNING TONE. In other cars there is orange light in the AMP which i assume means the AMP is getting power but in my case in F33 the light isn't present. I have tried a volt meter to check for voltage in the power cable connecting to the AMP and I got around 14.4 or something like that (I don’t remember now)

Second issue is, the roof wont go down. I keep getting the error ROOF NOT LATCHED. I have no knowledge regarding how to fix this or where to even start.

Any help or guidance will be appreciated
Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2023, 12:26 PM   #2
NealfromNZ
Lieutenant
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

When you repaired the harness with the Most ring the TX & RX need to be in a certain direction. Did the fibre cables into the connector end up getting crossed up at the idrive connector. Worth checking and swapping over way around at the Idrive.

The amp power on signal on F3x F8x is a data signal over the Most bus data channel. No chime warning appears when idrive isn’t communicating with amp.

Also double check you replacement idrive unit to ensure that MOST is enabled in amp variant and tophifi is coded.

I’m not sure where they are set in eys , but search for these headings at the top of these pictures ( these are BimmerCode screenshots )
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2023, 02:07 PM   #3
nationaviation
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealfromNZ View Post
When you repaired the harness with the Most ring the TX & RX need to be in a certain direction. Did the fibre cables into the connector end up getting crossed up at the idrive connector. Worth checking and swapping over way around at the Idrive.

The amp power on signal on F3x F8x is a data signal over the Most bus data channel. No chime warning appears when idrive isn’t communicating with amp.

Also double check you replacement idrive unit to ensure that MOST is enabled in amp variant and tophifi is coded.

I’m not sure where they are set in eys , but search for these headings at the top of these pictures ( these are BimmerCode screenshots )

I have already done that, the main concern is why is the amp not turning on when it has power going to it.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2023, 02:25 PM   #4
NealfromNZ
Lieutenant
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nationaviation View Post
I have already done that, the main concern is why is the amp not turning on when it has power going to it.
AMPs in standby, it needs power on command sent via fibre connection . Fibre runs in a ring topology through each node. IDrive, Cluster and then to amp. Each connection point needs to be checked and you should be able to see the light beem at each connection point.

Also earlier HK amps used to also have a power on input. Did you use the same or older amp from e90 / e60 ?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 11:25 AM   #5
nationaviation
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealfromNZ View Post
AMPs in standby, it needs power on command sent via fibre connection . Fibre runs in a ring topology through each node. IDrive, Cluster and then to amp. Each connection point needs to be checked and you should be able to see the light beem at each connection point.

Also earlier HK amps used to also have a power on input. Did you use the same or older amp from e90 / e60 ?
It was the same amp. Also I have checked all connections, the head unit and y can see the red light there and the Kombi as well. I am so confused on what it can be
Appreciate 0