F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > My virtually modded F32
ARMA SPEED

08-17-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
fermion33
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW F32 440i 6MT M-PPSK

My virtually modded F32

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Although I really love Estoril Blue II and its behaviour under different lighting conditions (sun, clouds, darkness), I don't know if I'd actually dare to choose this color on such an expensive car. I plan to keep it for like 6 years and I'm not only afraid of possible resale issues but also of getting tired of EBII. It might just be a bit too flashy for a 6 year relationship... ;-)

I'd therefore prefer to take a more conventional color. I don't like black on great looking cars as it hides all the nice lines. I'm not a fan of white as well, as it is also a bit too much in-your-face for my taste.

For a car of that price I'd imagine something classy, masculine and powerful that still keeps a residual understatement.
So it might well be a shade of grey. As my budget will be quite limited after the purchase of the car itself, and as I usually don't lie aftermarket mods (nor do I like the shown M performance parts for the F32 either), I wondered whether some simple and low priced mods mike make for the perfect combination.

That's what I and my limited GIMP-skills came up with (original picture attached for reference):
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #2
zarehs27
designer
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: '09 e92 325i Space Gray

I agree... I think the best choice is mineral grey..
I would have preferred a little lighter colour like space grey that would highlight the M sport better but mineral grey would do.
Some M goodies wouldn't hurt the car either (M perf front splitter, M4 kidney grill and fog light delete).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #3
Seagull
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: F87 M2, E84 X1

Well done PS work!

Also, I agree with your thinking. If you are 100% in love with the MSport on the F32, a flashy colour might work for you as you can see yourself always in love with it. If you are not, an intermediate colour could work. As you said, black hides the lines while white for me is too common.

Although I have and love an EBII MSport F30, I would not get that colour for the F32 as I don't love the design as much.

But when you painted it with the grey, it works very very well. I might just consider moving cars now...