F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > 2016 BMW f30 bumper replaced and alignment
Extreme Powerhouse

07-30-2021, 06:16 PM   #1
jsilvey
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

2016 BMW f30 bumper replaced and alignment

Hey!

So I had to get my front bumper replaced due to a piece of rebar sticking up from a parking block. Body shop gave me a quote under 2k and went ahead and got it done.

Now not even 6 months later paint has a weird stretch mark look to it near the logo, PDC sensors falling into the bumper, misaligned where the bumper attaches near the wheel well (where the original bumper was pulled off) and I have come to notice a pretty big misalignment on the "wings" on the top of the bumper. I have tried adjusting the latches and the stopped but to no avail. It changes it slightly but only makes the alignment on the fender panel incredibly misaligned with the hood.

Body shop has "lifetime warranty" and "1 year warranty on paint". Do I take it back in? I went to another body shop and they said it might not even be a new bumper...they think they pulled off the old one and just repainted it but charged me for a new one.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-31-2021, 03:35 PM   #2
Salty B.
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i 6MT MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsilvey View Post
Body shop has "lifetime warranty" and "1 year warranty on paint". Do I take it back in? I went to another body shop and they said it might not even be a new bumper...they think they pulled off the old one and just repainted it but charged me for a new one.
Definitely take it back. Maybe they got this one from a wrecked car, or maybe there's someone in China making shitty copies.